Mike Leach accepted the UT Job, then we withdrew the offer... Let that sink in

Wow.

Turn that on it's head. And it says this instead:

The Vols lived through the darkest decade in our program's history, flitting through 5 head coaches ... and still almost performed as well as Mike Leach in the years he coached:

Vols, '00-''09 and '12-19 : 134 wins, 92 losses
Leach, '00-'09 and '12-'19 : 139 wins, 90 losses

That is not a shining endorsement of Mike Leach.
We’ve won six bowls in the 21st century. In a few days it’ll be the year 2020. That’s a long “decade.”

Tennessee was just two years removed from a national title in 2000 when Mike Leach started coaching in Lubbock. If someone had told you at a New Year’s Eve party in 1999 that in December of 2019 that Leach would have a better record and more bowl wins than the Vols despite coaching at scrub programs like Texas Tech and Washington State, nobody on VolNation would’ve believed it, yet here we are.

Leach became a head coach in Lubbock, TX just two years after Tennessee won a national title. Tennessee had every conceivable advantage and still has been worse than Mike Leach during his tenure in Lubbock & Pullman.

Yea your right, playing against sec teams is a huge advantage. I have always liked leach but he would be an below average coach in the sec. About like hal mummy...

Yea your right, playing against sec teams is a huge advantage. I have always liked leach but he would be an below average coach in the sec. About like hal mummy...
Programs like Alabama, Tennessee, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, and Ohio State should win more games than programs like Vandy, Mississippi State, Washington State, Texas Tech, and Northwestern regardless of which conference they’re in.

Programs like Alabama, Tennessee, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, and Ohio State should win more games than programs like Vandy, Mississippi State, Washington State, Texas Tech, and Northwestern regardless of which conference they’re in.

Well, maybe they should, but it doesn't work that way a lot. Every team you named has had their rough times.and I think we have kinda gotten off topic.

We’ve won six bowls in the 21st century. In a few days it’ll be the year 2020. That’s a long “decade.”

Tennessee was just two years removed from a national title in 2000 when Mike Leach started coaching in Lubbock. If someone had told you at a New Year’s Eve party in 1999 that in December of 2019 that Leach would have a better record and more bowl wins than the Vols despite coaching at scrub programs like Texas Tech and Washington State, nobody on VolNation would’ve believed it, yet here we are.
He had one less bowl win than Butch Jones this decade...while we’re being current.

Reactions: Behr and AM64
With his loss in his bowl game this year’s football I am even more convinced that we dodged a huge bullet His teams get worse the longer he coaches. He 6 & 7 record this year in the PAC 10 shows he could not win 4 games in the SEC.

Reactions: AM64
And beat MissSt (a SECw team) SCar, Mizz, Ky and Vandy.....first time that’s happened in how long? Let go of the GaState loss, it was an outlier, an anomaly, and given how the season played out, should not necessarily be forgotten, but certainly forgiven imo.
oh my god they beat a terrible SEC west team! Why you homers hang your hats on that is mind boggling. Pruitt beat bad SEC teams, lost to the good ones, and lost to Ga State and BYU. Outlier, anomaly, doesn't matter because it happened.

It’s meaningless. Leach has accomplished nothing. He’s never even won an outright division title. No major bowls. Nothing that matters.

But Butch has half of Tennessee’s bowl wins over the past 20 years and is so good we’re paying him even while he works for Bama.
So the intern outdid the coach some pine over...thank God for unanswered prayers.

oh my god they beat a terrible SEC west team! Why you homers hang your hats on that is mind boggling. Pruitt beat bad SEC teams, lost to the good ones, and lost to Ga State and BYU. Outlier, anomaly, doesn't matter because it happened.
Terrible team that made a bowl. It’s not hanging your hat to note such things. Ga State and BYU made bowls too fwiw. Most important thing to this HOMER is that our defense got better as the season went along which hasn’t happened in forever. If you want to downplay that because it crosses your narrative that’s not our problem.

So the intern outdid the coach some pine over...thank God for unanswered prayers.

Based on where you and Rickyvol are setting the goalposts, going by conference titles and bowl wins, Butch Jones is a better coach than Jeremy Pruitt, so we should fire Pruitt and rehire Butch.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Based on where you and Rickyvol are setting the goalposts, going by conference titles and bowl wins, Butch Jones is a better coach than Jeremy Pruitt, so we should fire Pruitt and rehire Butch.
I’m not saying Pruitt is or isn’t the answer yet. I am saying that Leach is an overrated mediocre coach that can’t get a job at a real program for a reason.

It’s meaningless. Leach has accomplished nothing. He’s never even won an outright division title. No major bowls. Nothing that matters.

In 2008 & 2018, when Leach was winning 11 games and a share of his divisions at lowly Texas Tech & lowly Washington State, mighty Tennessee was sitting at home during bowl season with five wins.

I thought it was actually impressive that James Franklin had back-to-back nine win seasons at Vanderbilt. I get the impression that you think Penn State should've hired Butch instead since Butch has two outright division titles to his name while Franklin had never finished higher than fourth place in his division before Penn State hired him and still hasn't won an outright division title. You probably think they should've hired Butch, that back-to-back nine win seasons at Vandy were utterly meaningless.

Pruitt has never won even a share of his division and even if he beats Indiana, he still won't have a major bowl win to his name. Butch at least has won his division. You probably think we should fire Pruitt and rehire Butch. Or maybe Clay Helton. Helton won the Pac-12 South outright and won a Rose Bowl. I'm sure you think we should ignore Helton's critics and hire him to replace Jeremy "no outright division title or major bowl" Pruitt.

In 2008 & 2018, when Leach was winning 11 games and a share of his divisions at lowly Texas Tech & lowly Washington State, mighty Tennessee was sitting at home during bowl season with five wins.

I thought it was actually impressive that James Franklin had back-to-back nine win seasons at Vanderbilt. I get the impression that you think Penn State should've hired Butch instead since Butch has two outright division titles to his name while Franklin had never finished higher than fourth place in his division before Penn State hired him and still hasn't won an outright division title. You probably think they should've hired Butch, that back-to-back nine win seasons at Vandy were utterly meaningless.

Pruitt has never won even a share of his division and even if he beats Indiana, he still won't have a major bowl win to his name. Butch at least has won his division. You probably think we should fire Pruitt and rehire Butch. Or maybe Clay Helton. Helton won the Pac-12 South outright and won a Rose Bowl. I'm sure you think we should ignore Helton's critics and hire him to replace Jeremy "no outright division title or major bowl" Pruitt.
Pruitt is in year 2 of a rebuilding job where he goes against top 10 programs regularly. If he is still losing 5-6 Or even 9 games after 5 years like Leach does regularly, ill say he needs to go. I’m not defending Pruitt I am saying that Leach is overrated by many on this board. He got lucky bc of one play ten years ago against Texas with his best team ever and still couldn’t win his division outright or go to A major bowl. Ten years later he has his only other “good” season against a paper thin weak schedule and chokes the division title away AGAIN by losing to a team with a losing record and to his rival for the 6th straight year.
Leach doesn’t and will never coach at a real program because EVeRYONE who knows football sees what he is.

BYU’s offense was wide open but nowhere near the run and shoot. South Carolina before they joined the SEC were the first I remember during that timeframe until UH went all in.

And the Buffalo Bills were doing the no huddle as their main offense before it took off in college, and even they stole most of the concepts from Sam Wyche’s Bengals.
C'mon m
Wow.

Turn that on it's head. And it says this instead:

The Vols lived through the darkest decade in our program's history, flitting through 5 head coaches ... and still almost performed as well as Mike Leach in the years he coached:

Vols, '00-''09 and '12-19 : 134 wins, 92 losses
Leach, '00-'09 and '12-'19 : 139 wins, 90 losses

That is not a shining endorsement of Mike Leach.

Still funny some disregard facts.

Terrible team that made a bowl. It’s not hanging your hat to note such things. Ga State and BYU made bowls too fwiw. Most important thing to this HOMER is that our defense got better as the season went along which hasn’t happened in forever. If you want to downplay that because it crosses your narrative that’s not our problem.
Did I downplay the defense improving? Nope. Apparently I am not the one with the agenda...

VN Store

Back