'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about that high. Maybe top 15, jmo. I really do like him for what Pruitt wanted, I do. But he typically has needed darn good talent to really pump out points. Imo a top 5 OC can do a whole lot more with a lot less.

Top 5 guys typically end up HCs anyways. We found a guy in the sweet spot. Happy as an OC, loves ET, and is comfortable retiring here. Would not have had that, imo, with Briles or Yurcich. Long-term play.
His versatility makes him top-5, and I do not think that is very debatable. All these flash in the pan "innovators" that you guys get so hung up on really suck once their quirky offenses get figured out by good DCs.

I think JC is the most versatile OC in CFB, and I don't think that is really debatable either by any honest person.

Last edited:
I would hope the mother would be resigned at the end of the day to at least " SHOW " support for her son regardless of her true feelings. That is what I would do even if it is a stupid decision. Now I would try to steer him to the one I wanted but once he was set I would get behind him know matter how painful deep down it might be.
I love my kids too much to ever support a stupid decision. I love them unconditionally, but I am their dad, not their best buddy. Maybe this is just semantics, but I hear a lot of people say this, and I disagree with it.

Once they make a bad decision I pretty much just will not talk about it anymore.

Not really, every team loses games they aren’t supposed to. In 25+ years coaching, Saban only has one undefeated season. Meyer normally dropped a game against a Purdue, Iowa, or the such. Fulmer had Memphis. It happens. It took 4 TO, a pick 6, 2 missed FG, and double OT to happen. LSU game was old fashion tail whoopin. I do think he needs to keep growing and the good ones do adjust. Don’t tell Coley, but odds are against him calling plays next year. Just year 4 of the Kirby regime but no one has patience anymore and 130 teams think they should be NC.

Maybe.
We're having to give Pruitt time to grow, some unwillingly.

I'm biased, no doubt, so I'll refrain from over analyzing. But for now, my gut says that he'd better keep pulling in ridiculous levels of talent. If he doesn't pull it off with an entire herd of 5 stars, I just don't expect it to improve if he ever has to work with anything less.

Something I've thought about (it's positive, so the "he goners" might want to look away), is that AV said all along that he was telling Georgia what they wanted to hear. Right now, every Georgia "insider" has heard good things about DW to UGA.

That said, if DW had been playing both sides (which many on here have speculated), more people on the UT side would have "heard good things" from DW's camp, instead of just one guy (AV), who has said all along that he was playing the game..

All I'm saying is that Georgia may very well get DW, but AV has said for months that he was telling Georgia good things because he wanted his moment. It still seems possible to me that this falls in line with the plan he laid out back in September when we all thought we were trending with Gilbert.

Something I've thought about (it's positive, so the "he goners" might want to look away), is that AV said all along that he was telling Georgia what they wanted to hear. Right now, every Georgia "insider" has heard good things about DW to UGA.

That said, if DW had been playing both sides (which many on here have speculated), more people on the UT side would have "heard good things" from DW's camp, instead of just one guy (AV), who has said all along that he was playing the game..

All I'm saying is that Georgia may very well get DW, but AV has said for months that he was telling Georgia good things because he wanted his moment. It still seems possible to me that this falls in line with the plan he laid out back in September when we all thought we were trending with Gilbert.
Would love to believe this, but he signed. Whether or not he says what anyone wants to hear, somebody has the paperwork, and the other two don’t. They all know where he’s going now, and by all accounts it looks like UGA.

Would love to believe this, but he signed. Whether or not he says what anyone wants to hear, somebody has the paperwork, and the other two don’t. They all know where he’s going now, and by all accounts it looks like UGA.
If no one knows, why does it look like UGA?

Possibly, but the lack of a confirmed source after two weeks leaves room for speculation.

I'm probably blindly hoping, though. 🐑

Maybe.
We're having to give Pruitt time to grow, some unwillingly.

I'm biased, no doubt, so I'll refrain from over analyzing. But for now, my gut says that he'd better keep pulling in ridiculous levels of talent. If he doesn't pull it off with an entire herd of 5 stars, I just don't expect it to improve if he ever has to work with anything less.

This , you talk about pushing talent away....It couldn't be anymore obvious and fans have right to be u settled. It's not like their not most talented team in country. Lol uga

Reactions: chargervol
All I’m saying is (if he signed) the schools know, and stuff always gets out. All the stuff coming out now indicates UGA. It could definitely be all wrong and I hope it is, I just don’t see it.
What stuff? Haven’t seen one thing that is “stuff”. Heard some opinions but no one has anything to indicate what he has done. People keep saying this but can’t give one thing to back it up.

All I’m saying is (if he signed) the schools know, and stuff always gets out. All the stuff coming out now indicates UGA. It could definitely be all wrong and I hope it is, I just don’t see it.
Literally nothing rock solid has come out that says he’s signed with Georgia. It’s all guesses. He hasn’t told anyone anything

Literally nothing rock solid has come out that says he’s signed with Georgia. It’s all guesses. He hasn’t told anyone anything
I’m just referring to guys like Swain/Price/Hubbs/Rusty that have said he isn’t coming here, the UT guys especially saying things like “no way.” If they’re guessing just based off farts in the wind then sure, nobody knows squat, but it’s also possible they’re getting something from the school since the staff knows whether he signed or not.

Just saying based on what I’ve seen I’d be really surprised if it’s not Georgia. Recruiting is weird though so who knows lol. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
I’m just referring to guys like Swain/Price/Hubbs/Rusty that have said he isn’t coming here, the UT guys especially saying things like “no way.” If they’re guessing just based off farts in the wind then sure, nobody knows squat, but it’s also possible they’re getting something from the school since the staff knows whether he signed or not.

Just saying based on what I’ve seen I’d be really surprised if it’s not Georgia. Recruiting is weird though so who knows lol. 🤷‍♂️
They’ve been wrong before and they’ll be wrong again. Hubbs also said “no shot” at Holiday for a while and look what happened there. Jimmy waited til the last moment and flipped. DW is a Vol til he ain’t in my book. *mic drop*

They’ve been wrong before and they’ll be wrong again. Hubbs also said “no shot” at Holiday for a while and look what happened there. Jimmy waited til the last moment and flipped. DW is a Vol til he ain’t in my book. *mic drop*

Attachments

• 147A7084-9011-404C-9652-6AAFB2D05EB0.jpeg
    147A7084-9011-404C-9652-6AAFB2D05EB0.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 35

Most reasonable post in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back