'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

Agree. Rb room is full after adding 3 this year. No great running back, but a handful of solid running backs and now a mix of styles. Hopefully next year we’ll target and sign 2 big-time blue chip studs. Been a minute since we’ve had that.
I would say EG is better than solid.

No just No.... Wtf this kid isnt on the same planet as Kamara. And it's going to be tough for anyone to steal him from Tech. He wants to be a Rb. Everyone else says they will give him a shot, but think hes a better db

Price said on podcast the simple story is he worked at camp this year and staff liked him at DB. Offensive staff isn’t high on him. Doesn’t “fit” their system. They trust their evals and moved on.

If they passed on this kid, but took Hodge, I’m concerned about their RB evals. But hopefully, they end up being right. Gibbs looks light years better than Hodge and better than Small.

Probably. And his film looks pretty good. Just not as good as Gibbs’. But comparing Gibbs to Hodge is like comparing The Beatles to The Monkees.

Exactly lol Hodge is the big back we need. He is successful on short yardage downs and has the ability to break it if he sheds tackles. He is going to run right at you not around you. Gibbs is just a different player and I believe Small is a better overall threat than Gibbs.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Exactly lol Hodge is the big back we need. He is successful on short yardage downs and has the ability to break it if he sheds tackles. He is going to run right at you not around you. Gibbs is just a different player and I believe Small is a better overall threat than Gibbs.

Jabari Davis was a good short yardage back. That doesn't mean we wouldn't have been better off with Cadillac Williams in that class.

But like I say, I hope I'm wrong on the coaches' evaluations of Gibbs and Hodge. Because Gibbs looks night and day better. Against much better competition.

Jabari Davis was a good short yardage back. That doesn't mean we wouldn't have been better off with Cadillac Williams in that class.

But like I say, I hope I'm wrong on the coaches' evaluations of Gibbs and Hodge. Because Gibbs looks night and day better. Against much better competition.
At the end of the day... we took the two best RBs in the state of Tennessee...

You never know what a kid wants to listen to when you make a pitch... Pruitt probably loved his speed/change of direction and saw it as a better career choice to move to DB... but by pitching that, he took it as "Oh, so I'm not good enough to play RB"... I think they would have been perfectly fine taking him as RB but they offended him with the original pitch

Nobody in their right mind watches his film and says "This kid doesn't fit my system" :rolleyes: .... if he doesn't fit your system you need to change your system

That being said... he does all the things Eric Gray does... so I can see it not being a priority if you wanted a mix of running styles

I would say EG is better than solid.
I have absolutely nothing against Gray. But outside of the Vandy game when has he looked solid much less better than? He's a Fr. I hope he grows into a great RB. He has a ways to go.

I have absolutely nothing against Gray. But outside of the Vandy game when has he looked solid much less better than? He's a Fr. I hope he grows into a great RB. He has a ways to go.
The Vandy game was the only game we got to see him extensively... I think when he first got here he thought he could bounce around and make touchdowns out of bad plays and looked impressive making 3 people miss on a 2 yard gain... by the Vandy game he had settled into a one-cut running style and showed out... He could definitely end up being elite... he's always fun to watch and VERY rarely gets taken down by the first guy... it's up to the coaches to make sure the first few steps go vertical instead of horizontal but he's got all the shake he needs to turn mediocre gains into huge plays at an SEC level...

I don't think he has "a ways to go" at all... just needs this OL to gel and give him holes to run thru so he isn't dancing in the backfield...

No just No.... Wtf this kid isnt on the same planet as Kamara. And it's going to be tough for anyone to steal him from Tech. He wants to be a Rb. Everyone else says they will give him a shot, but think hes a better db
UF, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, and GT want him as a RB. They have similar tapes from HS.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The Vandy game was the only game we got to see him extensively... I think when he first got here he thought he could bounce around and make touchdowns out of bad plays and looked impressive making 3 people miss on a 2 yard gain... by the Vandy game he had settled into a one-cut running style and showed out... He could definitely end up being elite... he's always fun to watch and VERY rarely gets taken down by the first guy... it's up to the coaches to make sure the first few steps go vertical instead of horizontal but he's got all the shake he needs to turn mediocre gains into huge plays at an SEC level...

I don't think he has "a ways to go" at all... just needs this OL to gel and give him holes to run thru so he isn't dancing in the backfield...
This seems to be the easy button for anyone who wants to excuse a QB or RB.

He played well that game. I don't know your personal attachment to him. So I'm sorry if it offends you. But he didn't play very well for most of the season. He's too easy to tackle, drops too many passes, and didn't show particularly good vision in the open field. He's going to get a chance to develop. I'm a UT fan so I have no interest in him being anything but great. But he isn't yet... and has a long way to go.

Pruitt said he hit the FR wall mid-season which a lot do and fought through it.

Reactions: FïreBall
Pruitt said he hit the FR wall mid-season which a lot do and fought through it.
That's fine... and one game vs the 2nd worst team in the SEC just doesn't make him "great". Again, nothing personal at all. I hope he turns out to be terrific. It just takes more than that to convince me he is or is on his way.

This seems to be the easy button for anyone who wants to excuse a QB or RB.

He played well that game. I don't know your personal attachment to him. So I'm sorry if it offends you. But he didn't play very well for most of the season. He's too easy to tackle, drops too many passes, and didn't show particularly good vision in the open field. He's going to get a chance to develop. I'm a UT fan so I have no interest in him being anything but great. But he isn't yet... and has a long way to go.

I'm done... I don't see what you see... watch the video

No where close to Kamara, imo. I personally like Wren better. He can play in the slot as well and brings a different level of speed.

I just think the speed of Wren is elite. Gibbs has an explosive first step for sure but isn’t elite speed wise, but most backs aren’t. I just like Wrens versatility more and how he can stretch a defense. We’ve miss that and with Holiday, Gray, and Hyatt all of a sudden we are a lot more explosive.

VN Store

Back