'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

Gibbs is really good and this competition argument can go for MANY teams with kids we signed or have yet to sign. Competition is overrated if your not in 7A football (Georgia). I mean hell Tank is rated extremely high and I think his school is 2A. Point being Gibbs is an All-American for a reason. It’s the same region Trey Sermon and Justin Fields came from. We’re not signing Gibbs so at the end of the day none of this matters. Kids tape is UNREAL. There isn’t a RB this cycle with better film than Gibbs. PERIOD.
I agree with you the kid is a BEAST. If you are referring to Jalen (Tank) McCollough. He played Georgia 7a.

Nah...

Maryville never plays out of state teams. Alcoa does. The private schools do. Not Maryville. So they can't really speak on that.

As far Alcoa or Maryville by extension "mercy ruling" Dalton? No...
Hell no. Dalton lost 42-21 to a 15-0 Harrison team that won state in Georgia.
Dalton finished 7-4 in 7a of Georgia.
I'm not sure they could beat them period much less Mercy rule them.

Chattanooga McCalie beat a North Georgia team in West Forsyth by 10 points. McCalie beat Ensworth and Brentwood Academy enroute to a State Championship. West Forsyth was not as good as Dalton.
If you want to be a sports Writer first it's important to get your facts right.
Dalton is not even top 10 in a very weak 6A

Dalton played in 6a not 7a there is a big difference. They played in one of the weakest classification this year. Buford 5a, Cedar Grove 3a, Blessed Trinity 4a and Marietta 7a would have put a running clock on them and not saying they could beat ELCA private 1a. I think they could beat West Forsyth for sure.

Yes and West Forsyth played McCalie to a two score game. I didn't say Dalton was some juggernaut. Harrison finished 7 OVERALL in the whole state and won their class State Championship, and beat Dalton by only 21. Dacula was a legit Georgia team and couldn't put "mercy rule" on Dalton...

I'm talking about Maryville and Alcoa might not even beat them much less have a running clock by 3rd qtr.

If you want to be a sports Writer first it's important to get your facts right.
Dalton is not even top 10 in a very weak 6A

They could be 3A and still Maryville or Alcoa wouldn't "clock them" or mecry rule them.

Who the hell said I wanted to be a sports writer??😂. I don't.

Great Alcoa teams have gone out of state and won but those teams were never "great" out of state teams. Maryville is run by intelligent people in regards to their athletics. They know better than to play out of state teams. Because of thier In-State reputation...some of the better out of state programs would challenge them.

I think Maryville has the 3rd longest winning streak in high school football history.
1) De LeSalle 151
2) Independence (Charlotte) 110??
3) Maryville 78 ?

So they're known around the country. But you'll NEVER see them schedule a Hoover AL, Dutch Fork, SC, Buford, GA...and that's smart.

Reactions: Stonewall83
Dalton plays in 6a football and it has been down every since they made 7a few years back. Not saying the dude isn’t good though.
Agree with this. I work in Dalton, my in laws are from there and all grads of Dalton, so I don’t have any choice but to hear about Dalton HS football all the dang time. Their team has taken several steps back since joining 7a. And the only reason they joined 7a was because of the population of Dalton due to its industry, and I would also argue that the more competitive sport at Dalton is soccer. JMO. He’sa good player for sure, but a big fish in a small-ish pond.

Reactions: SLICKYINC

VN Store

Back