'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

How is a guy who can play every position on the OL not more valuable than one who can’t?
My opinion is that Cade is the "sixth man" on that OL.. As far as moving him around, every staff moves offensive lineman around to help with depth. Ideal scenario, you want you next best OL to be versatile and plug and play. If he was one the 'best five', he would start every game unless injured..
This NOT a knock on Cade. He is an outstanding talent and will only get better with time. I wish he was here because I believe he would definitely be one of the 'best five' if he was.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and T Dog
My opinion is that Cade is the "sixth man" on that OL.. As far as moving him around, every staff moves offensive lineman around to help with depth. Ideal scenario, you want you next best OL to be versatile and plug and play. If he was one the 'best five', he would start every game unless injured..
This NOT a knock on Cade. He is an outstanding talent and will only get better with time. I wish he was here because I believe he would definitely be one of the 'best five' if he was.

Good points but he did start in 10 games. I don’t know if he was injured for the other 2 or not. I don’t think it’s easy for every OL to just plug and play different positions. We saw Trey Smith try and do that and it didn’t work out very well. He struggled mightily last year at tackle. Yet excelled at guard.

Maybe he will come here? Never know...

Good points but he did start in 10 games. I don’t know if he was injured for the other 2 or not. I don’t think it’s easy for every OL to just plug and play different positions. We saw Trey Smith try and do that and it didn’t work out very well. He struggled mightily last year at tackle. Yet excelled at guard.

Maybe he will come here? Never know...
I agree, it's NOT easy to do multiple positions, much less do them all well.. Like Trey I don't think he does all OL positions equally well. They have a position at which they are best suited for and coaches would rather they play at. I think for both that is OG, just based on where they've played the best/most.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back