'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Me personally, I couldn't care less, but unfortunately there are a lot of people (fans) that just can't/won't let it go.

As far as the players go, my guess is they would be absolutely fine with it.
The players wouldn't care at all that he sang a dumb song 2 years ago. It's so silly that people still discuss this.

Our just voted team MVP/ most beloved player was thrown off the team 2 years and openly stated that he was a better QB option than the guy who’s throwing him the ball NOW. No one cares about the song Cade sang when he was 18.
Jennings was just saying (in somewhat less colorful language) the same thing that the fan base was saying about the coaching staff.

Jennings was just saying (in somewhat less colorful language) the same thing that the fan base was saying about the coaching staff.

Man I’m not upset with what JJ did. I do think it was more egregious than what Cade did. I’m just pointing out the absurdity of anyone thinking that JP or any players still care about what Cade said. Also think we’ll be laughing about this 10 months from now when he’s still at UGA.

Reactions: Sleegro
Man I’m not upset with what JJ did. I do think it was more egregious than what Cade did. I’m just pointing out the absurdity of anyone thinking that JP or any players still care about what Cade said. Also think we’ll be laughing about this 10 months from now when he’s still at UGA.
If he's still at UGA, most of us will forget about it. But I think Cade's thing was simply a matter of indulging in too much adult beverage while cruising in the backseat of a car. It was even one of his buddies who was signed with UT that suggested the offensive lyric.

Reactions: sonofUT62
He’s a backup offensive lineman that lines up as an extra lineman in packages and filled in for injured starters. I’m not saying he won’t make it to the NFL but I promise if you can’t break the starting lineup at your school you aren’t going out early in the draft.
Wrong. Google it. He played all 5 positions. You are not a backup if you started 10 of 12 games. He is their most valuable lineman.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
How long are we going to banter this back and forth. Let's worry about getting him here first, then you guys can have your discussion on whether you accept him or not.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Wrong. Google it. He played all 5 positions. You are not a backup if you started 10 of 12 games. He is their most valuable lineman.
He played all positions because he’s a backup. If the starter is out he fills in. It’s not a hard concept. I’m not saying he isn’t good and I’m not saying he isn’t going pro. But a backup offensive lineman isn’t leaving for the NFL early. Google that.

Bc Smart told him that his brother would be recruited to be part of the Georgia “family”. They never made a real effort. Think Cade is realizing Kirby is just another used car salesman with a bad haircut.

Don't necessarily want Cade but I think your post was funny!

He played all positions because he’s a backup. If the starter is out he fills in. It’s not a hard concept. I’m not saying he isn’t good and I’m not saying he isn’t going pro. But a backup offensive lineman isn’t leaving for the NFL early. Google that.
Question on the backup talk. If the starter was Braxton Miller or JT Barrett would you take the backup to him?

I never stated he would or should leave early to the NFL but he is a part of the starting rotation. In fact in prior posts I responded to others stating he would enter the draft next year as premature and unlikely.

How long are we going to banter this back and forth. Let's worry about getting him here first, then you guys can have your discussion on whether you accept him or not.
That's no fun to watch.

In the NFL most teams carry just 9 OL, so having a guy who can play T, G, and C is pretty valuable. I don't know that anybody is saying he will go in the first two rounds, but he definitely has good pro prospects right now, despite not being a "starter". He's started a lot of games and played well

We don't know how his Junior year will turn out, but he hasn't shown anything right now that would suggest he's look likely to get drafted if he came out early.

That being said, for him to transfer here he would have to believe his chances of getting drafted in general are increased.

Last edited:
How do you all think our players would receive him? I have a hard time believing it would be with open arms

If they open their arms for Banks to return then in the unlikely event Mays did transfer here it would be unanimous. It's not the norm these days to make a stand against people who do things that are perceived negatively. We are supposed to understand they are "just kids" we can't expect them to be "choir boys"

If they open their arms for Banks to return then in the unlikely event Mays did transfer here it would be unanimous. It's not the norm these days to make a stand against people who do things that are perceived negatively. We are supposed to understand they are "just kids" we can't expect them to be "choir boys"
Different offenses. Vol legend Jalen Reeves Maybin wasn’t a fan of the police...loved his team.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Think that's stretching it just a bit...
Not according to what I have seen posted on Georgia websites. Not really a stretch, most valuable does not necessarily mean the best at any one OL position. Maybe a better word would be most “versatile”. I have not heard a lineman at any level who has played significant snaps at all 5 positions.

Not according to what I have seen posted on Georgia websites. Not really a stretch, most valuable does not necessarily mean the best at any one OL position. Maybe a better word would be most “versatile”. I have not heard a lineman at any level who has played significant snaps at all 5 positions.
Whatever dude..Cade is NOT more valuable than an Isaiah Wilson..

VN Store

Back