'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Georgia is our biggest recruiting rival imo. How does it look to recruits like Washington and Ratledge for a NFL bound OL to transfer from there to here for his final season? Yea, I say we bring him back if he wants to come just for the optics.
you think he’s NFL bound next year and he isn’t even a starter on his college team?

I heard this as a possibility a while back, I still doubt it happens but there’s at least a chance. I do think if Cade had it to do over again he would choose differently.

Um Cade has played in every game and started in 10 of 12 games
He’s a backup offensive lineman that lines up as an extra lineman in packages and filled in for injured starters. I’m not saying he won’t make it to the NFL but I promise if you can’t break the starting lineup at your school you aren’t going out early in the draft.

He’s a backup offensive lineman that lines up as an extra lineman in packages and filled in for injured starters. I’m not saying he won’t make it to the NFL but I promise if you can’t break the starting lineup at your school you aren’t going out early in the draft.

Where do you get he is a backup?

I actually do get it. Cade is a great player who is from Tennessee. He would love to play with his brother (I guess this is mostly speculation around here). It would be great to hurt UGA too, by taking one of their top 6-7 OL.

At some point, however, we need to hold these kids accountable for their actions. He didn't hurt my feeling by all the antics he pulled when choosing UGA over UT. He hurt UT and all of the fans.

If he comes to UT, cool. I hope he plays well and becomes an ambassador for UT. If so, I may change my attitude towards him.
GBO!!

Say what? You want us to teach him some kind of life lesson and not allow a player who could help us win come here to play? Sorry. I, for one, don't care if he tried to mate Smokey with UGA or said his favorite game ever was the 2001 SEC Championship. If he can help us win and he wants to come here, then I hope we can find him a locker. In recruiting, and Pruitt seems to hold this view as well, don't burn bridges or hold grudges.

Reactions: SoilVol

In the NFL most teams carry just 9 OL, so having a guy who can play T, G, and C is pretty valuable. I don't know that anybody is saying he will go in the first two rounds, but he definitely has good pro prospects right now, despite not being a "starter". He's started a lot of games and played well

He would be a long time starter here and helped us the last two years when we desperately needed it.

But...he did...break the starting lineup?

Come on dude. Butch Jones was the coach here during Cade's recruitment. Can't blame the guy for signing somewhere else initially.
As much as I love the Vols I wouldn't of played for butch either. But as soon as he was fired and CJP was hired I would of entered the transfer portal. Of course I'm 48 so I'm not a take.

How do you all think our players would receive him? I have a hard time believing it would be with open arms

Our just voted team MVP/ most beloved player was thrown off the team 2 years and openly stated that he was a better QB option than the guy who’s throwing him the ball NOW. No one cares about the song Cade sang when he was 18.

Our just voted team MVP/ most beloved player was thrown off the team 2 years and openly stated that he was a better QB option than the guy who’s throwing him the ball NOW. No one cares about the song Cade sang when he was 18.

Yeah...but he didn’t go play for one of our biggest rivals at a very violent position where a lot of cheap shots and s*** talking occurs

Yeah...but he didn’t go play for one of our biggest rivals at a very violent position where a lot of cheap shots and s*** talking occurs

Cade also didn’t throw up a profanity laced IG post that basically called out 2 of his teammates. This just isn’t a big deal. Pruitt turned this season around after 2 of the worst losses in the history of the program. He can handle this without breaking a sweat.

Cade also didn’t throw up a profanity laced IG post that basically called out 2 of his teammates. This just isn’t a big deal. Pruitt turned this season around after 2 of the worst losses in the history of the program. He can handle this without breaking a sweat.

Sounds good...he’d be an awesome addition...and I’m sure elite play that leads to more wins has a way of winning your teammates over

Reactions: sonofUT62
This. I just feel like and always have felt like Cade belongs at UT, regardless of what was said.
And Tate's family has always been UT. I kinda feel like he belongs here too.
Bring both of these boys home.

How do you all think our players would receive him? I have a hard time believing it would be with open arms

I guess that would depend on how he handled himself if he arrived with his brother and worked more than he talked. I am sorry he reacted like an 18 year old to some of our fans who spewed out reactions that were closer to adolescence levels back in the day, I see no real value in projecting the reception one way or the other. Especially since I still don't see him coming here and sitting a year when he has the POTENTIAL to use next season to put himself in a different light with the NFL and go get some money, That cannot happen cheering from the sidelines while working with our scout team and I don't see a waiver in play. I am also guessing his thought processes on coming here are being impacted by the reactions of his current teammates to the potentials being floated around. Maybe we need float some rumors he is transferring and see if the the red low brow fans can provide enough incentive to get out of town.

Last edited:
Me personally, I couldn't care less, but unfortunately there are a lot of people (fans) that just can't/won't let it go.

As far as the players go, my guess is they would be absolutely fine with it.

Reactions: sonofUT62

VN Store

Back