'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Yea yea. I posted links detailing their qb only pitch which was not what JJ got.

JJ also didn't get a plan for qb development.

Them showing up with a plan for qb they worked for a few hours on showing how they will devlop him as a QB is huge no matter how much you downplay it.

If someone moves after a few years it doesn't mean they were recruited to play the position they moved to. That is just dumb. If he plays the first two years at qb and moves he was still recruited as a qb.

He is listed by UT a qb. He was signed as a qb. He was recruited as a qb.

Whatever happens after doe not change the fact that he was recruited as a qb.

What if he moves in his first year to a position other than QB?

Albeit he was forced to, but Pruitt has shown he can play multiple QBs over the season while all are available.
Holiday is going to get some of the best QB development he's ever had. Not to mention watching JG, BM, HB, JS, practice and being exposed to guys that are primarily passers.
That will rub off.
Remember Jennings was adamant about playing QB when he got here. Between Dobbs and Dormady that spring he realized he would never play.

Same thing could happen to Holiday...but I have a lot of confidence in Chaney to stay the course with Holiday- just has he laid out to him in 18 page plan.
That much I believe, and the coaching staff as always seemed sincere. With that said, Holiday could still end up as a dangerous WR.

You can coach up a QB to become more accurate and to understand defensive tendencies. You can improve arm strength and throwing mechanics, even.
But Harrison Bailey, Brian Maurer or JT Shout are never going to run 4.3... no matter what.

If you have Peyton Manning, and Michael Vick do you put Vick at WR? Did we put T. Martin at WR?
Let the coaches try to develop him at QB, because that's what he is at the moment.

Hey I'm not acting like I know more than coaches. Other guys want to act like the staff doenst know what they are doing.
You're lying again. When JG was benched you were quite clear that the coaches didn't know what they were doing.

The importance of the 18 page plan is you don't make that for someone you think doesn't have a legit shot at being a starting qb.

What the eff do mean it leaves Bailey nowhere? He is in the same exact spot. Competing to start next year. I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt by another qb in this class.
No. If that "plan" says and means what YOU insist it says and means... Bailey shouldn't have signed with UT.

Of course the most obvious answer is that it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Bailey starts or backs up next year, leaves after his Jr year for the NFL. Then JH has had a few years to develop and you bring in a veteran qb with elite speed. Win, win.
Or more likely, Bailey sits for a couple of years and Holiday moves to slot and wildcat.

JG has elite arm strength. Top 20% in the NCAA.
No he doesn't. He has a very good arm. But that simply isn't true.

He may not has AS strong an arm as JG. Ok. Still plenty strong. Once again tweet or call the UTAD and tell them to fix the video listing arm strength for him. You know much better than they do apparently.
Just stop being so stubborn and watch the video. This kid is the best athlete on his team... which in a lot of cases makes you the QB. If he doesn't develop better velocity and depth... he's not an SEC caliber, every down starter.

I'm done with this until you demonstrate a sliver of honesty and compare the video.

Our analysts just saw him in Hattiesburg, Miss., last week during practices for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game, so I think his rating will be updated in January. I do think he’s better than his current rating would suggest.

He rushed for 1,401 yards and 21 touchdowns this season while also throwing for 1,020 yards, 9 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.
- Callahan

5 star athlete imo. Looks a lot like Mecole out of Hs just didn’t play CB. Wonder if his rating is due to QB? No way they think this kid is a 3 star athlete

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
5 star athlete imo. Looks a lot like Mecole out of Hs just didn’t play CB. Wonder if his rating is due to QB? No way they think this kid is a 3 star athlete
Agree, they should rate him as an athlete since it’s unlikely he’s plays QB in college. He’s no 3 star athlete

Reactions: Vols410
Albeit he was forced to, but Pruitt has shown he can play multiple QBs over the season while all are available.
Holiday is going to get some of the best QB development he's ever had. Not to mention watching JG, BM, HB, JS, practice and being exposed to guys that are primarily passers.
That will rub off.
Remember Jennings was adamant about playing QB when he got here. Between Dobbs and Dormady that spring he realized he would never play.

Same thing could happen to Holiday...but I have a lot of confidence in Chaney to stay the course with Holiday- just has he laid out to him in 18 page plan.
That much I believe, and the coaching staff as always seemed sincere. With that said, Holiday could still end up as a dangerous WR.

You can coach up a QB to become more accurate and to understand defensive tendencies. You can improve arm strength and throwing mechanics, even.
But Harrison Bailey, Brian Maurer or JT Shout are never going to run 4.3... no matter what.

If you have Peyton Manning, and Michael Vick do you put Vick at WR? Did we put T. Martin at WR?
Let the coaches try to develop him at QB, because that's what he is at the moment.

Here's the way I see it. Give it 100% to make him a QB. If he becomes a QB then his ceiling is off the charts... Like Hypemans, National Championship, first pick of the draft ceiling! But, it's on him to develop his QB skills. Because there are other guys trying to win that spot! It's hard to show elusiveness, and escapeabilty in QB drills. So his arm has to win the job. I'm rooting for him! Mobile QBs have given Saban trouble in the past.

Having said all that. It looks like a uphill battle to me. HB, and others seem to have "better" arm talent. But, the upside is that he is athletic enough to make an impact somewhere else. He will know where he stands. I believe he sees what's best for his future. So, he makes the move... But what do I know?

Yea yea. I posted links detailing their qb only pitch which was not what JJ got.

JJ also didn't get a plan for qb development.

Them showing up with a plan for qb they worked for a few hours on showing how they will devlop him as a QB is huge no matter how much you downplay it.

If someone moves after a few years it doesn't mean they were recruited to play the position they moved to. That is just dumb. If he plays the first two years at qb and moves he was still recruited as a qb.

He is listed by UT a qb. He was signed as a qb. He was recruited as a qb.

Whatever happens after doe not change the fact that he was recruited as a qb.
Of course not. Butch didn't even have a QB coach for most of that time.

That will rub off.

If Peyton Manning and Michael Vick are both in the same graduating class, you better believe I'm putting him at WR. UT left Tee at QB because he was 2 years behind and we needed a QB after Peyton went to the NFL.

If Peyton Manning and Michael Vick are both in the same graduating class, you better believe I'm putting him at WR. UT left Tee at QB because he was 2 years behind and we needed a QB after Peyton went to the NFL.

Interesting.
That might have worked out...

Reactions: vols1221
Yep. Had Peyton left a year early it was thought Jermaine Copeland would've been moved back to QB from receiver.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Just maybe he turns into top 10 pick corner because he sees the money for that position. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back