'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

HB knew we may take two. No lies to anyone.
Not the issue. They could have taken two and not presented one with an 18 page plan that you play up as a promise that he will be UT's QB to the exclusion of any discussion of any other position. Of course you don't know what was on any of those 18 pages. It could have been diagrams of 18 plays from the wildcat. You don't know. But it hasn't prevented you from abusing it.

We aren't discussing HB anyway. If he did or didn't get any extras it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Well, since you are claiming Holiday received an 18 page plan that amounts to a promise to play the position HB plays.... it is VERY relevant.

He is a full time qb. Once again tweet Chaney and UT football and tell them he isn't a qb and doesn't have arm strength even though the offical UT account listed him as a qb with arm strength as a positive trait for him.
That's just plain stupid. That's not how you recruit. Go watch the video and compare it to JG's arm as a recruit. Just have the moral courage to do that... oh wait, forgot who I was talking to.

I have a bit of a different take with this young man and Pruitt, and I do believe he is being recruited as a quarterback.

I believe, and I believe his players believe, that Pruitt is a players coach and honest. If he tells Holliday that he can play quarterback, then the player and the coach both believe it. And he will get a legitimate opportunity to do so. I really have confidence that Pruitt is very smart and that he will play this out for the long term.

Pruitt sees what is going on around college football and the NFL, and he knows that more often than not the coaches miss on evaluating quarterbacks, and they miss both ways, evaluating the classic drop back quarterbacks too high and evaluating the dual threats too low. He is willing to wait a year or two until the young man either proves to everyone else that he is good enough to play in the SEC and shows it, or proves to himself that he is not good enough. At that point Pruitt's honesty will pay off; when the young man asks for his opinion and knows he will get the truth. Either way, Pruitt and UT will win with this young man, and UT will benefit on the next recruit that shows this much potential.

Another thing that I believe may happen is that Harrsion Bailey may come in and win the job next year. If that happens then Pruitt knows we will probably lose two quarterbacks in the transfer portal after next year and that he needs two with this class. I also love the fact that in two years Pruitt has flipped the roster enough to take this young gem and let it play out. I am really excited to see what he does.
Not bad thoughts... but I suspect Holiday will be begging to get on the field next fall no matter where he plays. If he plays at slot and has success... QB is in the rear view mirror.

Heath Shuler sat behind Andy Kelly his freshman year. If I remember correctly, he begged them to let him play D or run down on kickoff coverage. If a guy can be on the field... they want to be.

Not bad thoughts... but I suspect Holiday will be begging to get on the field next fall no matter where he plays. If he plays at slot and has success... QB is in the rear view mirror.

Heath Shuler sat behind Andy Kelly his freshman year. If I remember correctly, he begged them to let him play D or run down on kickoff coverage. If a guy can be on the field... they want to be.

I agree with you, and they may let him; hard to keep that speed off the field, especially if he is a hitter. But quarterbacks, real quarterbacks, tend to be a bit more patient and determined and if he knows he is good enough he will wait, while he plays a few special teams. Course, if he is really good at QB they may not let him take the extra hits.

See the thing is y’all didn’t know vol_from_86 is gonna start throw some balls around with with my boy Jet every day at the Madison Healthplex. He’ll be a pro passer in no time!

All I know is what Holliday said in interviews and what Pruitt said yesterday. Beyond that, seems like a whole of embellishment and speculation on this kid...
That is literally all I posted. Direct quotes from UT and Holiday.

Not my fault people think they know more than Chaney and Pruitt

Not the issue. They could have taken two and not presented one with an 18 page plan that you play up as a promise that he will be UT's QB to the exclusion of any discussion of any other position. Of course you don't know what was on any of those 18 pages. It could have been diagrams of 18 plays from the wildcat. You don't know. But it hasn't prevented you from abusing it.

Well, since you are claiming Holiday received an 18 page plan that amounts to a promise to play the position HB plays.... it is VERY relevant.

That's just plain stupid. That's not how you recruit. Go watch the video and compare it to JG's arm as a recruit. Just have the moral courage to do that... oh wait, forgot who I was talking to.
Their plan isn't for him "to be UT's qb" but to be a qb at UT. Huge difference.

No promise of pt, just a promise to play qb. Yes Bailey happens to play qb.

I know because it was reported by several direct sources.

UT said arm strength was a plus for him. Go get a scouting job since you know better than Chaney.

Their plan isn't for him "to be UT's qb" but to be a qb at UT. Huge difference.
Not the implication of your focus on the 18 page plan at ALL. You insist he is a QB and nothing but a QB based on that "plan" that you have not seen. If that is true... then that leaves Bailey nowhere.

OR... you could just admit that you wrongly overplayed the importance of a recruiting tactic.

FWIW, A LOT of players will talk about the coaches discussing how they might be used. This is the first time I've heard of a document of specific page length.... but I'm pretty sure it isn't unique.

No promise of pt, just a promise to play qb. Yes Bailey happens to play qb.

I know because it was reported by several direct sources.

UT said arm strength was a plus for him. Go get a scouting job since you know better than Chaney.
You are just a fundamentally dishonest person.... and so determined in deception that you won't even challenge your own prejudice by informing yourself. Just compare the videos of JG and Holiday. They will have to fix his arm strength or he cannot be an effective QB in the SEC.

I have a bit of a different take with this young man and Pruitt, and I do believe he is being recruited as a quarterback.

I believe, and I believe his players believe, that Pruitt is a players coach and honest. If he tells Holliday that he can play quarterback, then the player and the coach both believe it. And he will get a legitimate opportunity to do so. I really have confidence that Pruitt is very smart and that he will play this out for the long term.

Pruitt sees what is going on around college football and the NFL, and he knows that more often than not the coaches miss on evaluating quarterbacks, and they miss both ways, evaluating the classic drop back quarterbacks too high and evaluating the dual threats too low. He is willing to wait a year or two until the young man either proves to everyone else that he is good enough to play in the SEC and shows it, or proves to himself that he is not good enough. At that point Pruitt's honesty will pay off; when the young man asks for his opinion and knows he will get the truth. Either way, Pruitt and UT will win with this young man, and UT will benefit on the next recruit that shows this much potential.

Another thing that I believe may happen is that Harrsion Bailey may come in and win the job next year. If that happens then Pruitt knows we will probably lose two quarterbacks in the transfer portal after next year and that he needs two with this class. I also love the fact that in two years Pruitt has flipped the roster enough to take this young gem and let it play out. I am really excited to see what he does.
Be awesome having that 4.3 speed at backup QB!

Reactions: sjt18
Thinking back, seems to me that we were looking at having another QB recruited this year along with Bailey, several months ago, and that recruitment didn't pan out. Got some folks worried that we needed to have another QB. Now we seem to have got one, but some folks don't think we need him.

I agree with you, and they may let him; hard to keep that speed off the field, especially if he is a hitter. But quarterbacks, real quarterbacks, tend to be a bit more patient and determined and if he knows he is good enough he will wait, while he plays a few special teams. Course, if he is really good at QB they may not let him take the extra hits.
It wasn't that long ago that some programs would play a guy at WR then move him to QB. That doesn't seem to happen often any more due to the fears about accumulated hits.

Thinking back, seems to me that we were looking at having another QB recruited this year along with Bailey, several months ago, and that recruitment didn't pan out. Got some folks worried that we needed to have another QB. Now we seem to have got one, but some folks don't think we need him.
No it worked out great. Emergency QB option and explosive downfield receiver with one spot!

Have no problem with 2 QB's. Have no problem with Holiday becoming one of those QB's.

This whole argument occurred because I pointed to the fact that Holiday doesn't show good arm strength in his highlight videos. If you follow k-town for any length of time, you will recognize why saying so about this particular recruit triggered him.

Hint: I don't think it would have bothered him if I said that Tebow should have been willing to play TE in the NFL or that Heath Shuler's long term career might have been better served if he had played safety in college.

Reactions: butchna
Have no problem with 2 QB's. Have no problem with Holiday becoming one of those QB's.

This whole argument occurred because I pointed to the fact that Holiday doesn't show good arm strength in his highlight videos. If you follow k-town for any length of time, you will recognize why saying so about this particular recruit triggered him.

Hint: I don't think it would have bothered him if I said that Tebow should have been willing to play TE in the NFL or that Heath Shuler's long term career might have been better served if he had played safety in college.

Don't care; didn't address that. Not interested in getting sucked into that.

Reactions: Sleegro
I'm just freakin glad we took a true running QB. Even if only for wildcat or to be an athlete. Can't teach 4.35 speed!

And if he ever develops as a passer...look out. Unfortunately the opposite is never a possibility with PS QBs, which is why I like taking a true dual threat every few years and trying your luck. At worst you have a burner on the team or you end up having a monster at WR (JJ).

Along with trying hard for King, this feels like a statement from Chaney and Pruitt about their vision and I like it a lot.

Not the implication of your focus on the 18 page plan at ALL. You insist he is a QB and nothing but a QB based on that "plan" that you have not seen. If that is true... then that leaves Bailey nowhere.

OR... you could just admit that you wrongly overplayed the importance of a recruiting tactic.

FWIW, A LOT of players will talk about the coaches discussing how they might be used. This is the first time I've heard of a document of specific page length.... but I'm pretty sure it isn't unique.

You are just a fundamentally dishonest person.... and so determined in deception that you won't even challenge your own prejudice by informing yourself. Just compare the videos of JG and Holiday. They will have to fix his arm strength or he cannot be an effective QB in the SEC.

The importance of the 18 page plan is you don't make that for someone you think doesn't have a legit shot at being a starting qb.

What the eff do mean it leaves Bailey nowhere? He is in the same exact spot. Competing to start next year. I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt by another qb in this class.

Bailey starts or backs up next year, leaves after his Jr year for the NFL. Then JH has had a few years to develop and you bring in a veteran qb with elite speed. Win, win.

It is special and unique or you would hear about it more when it happens or we wouldn't have at all this time because its a mundane thing. Them discussing it so much shows the importance.

JG has elite arm strength. Top 20% in the NCAA. He may not has AS strong an arm as JG. Ok. Still plenty strong. Once again tweet or call the UTAD and tell them to fix the video listing arm strength for him. You know much better than they do apparently.

If anyone has missed the last 2 pages let me summarize:

I know about something I don’t do for a living
I know more about it than you
No you don’t
Yes I do
You’re an idiot
No you are an idiot
You’re the biggest idiot
You’re an ultra mega idiot
Hey I'm not acting like I know more than coaches. Other guys want to act like the staff doenst know what they are doing.

VN Store

Back