'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Another thing I don't understand, is he talked about having 5 QBs competing.

I count 6. JG, Hill, Maurer, Holiday, Bailey, Shrout.

Did someone leave? Is he not counting Hill?
Hill is essentially a walk on, so I think he was just referring to scholarship QB's.

Reactions: HalfullVol
National Signing Day: Nebraska, Tennessee top winners, Florida leads losers in early signing period 2019
"A flip of speedy quarterback Jimmy Holliday, who went to Tennessee from TCU. "

3-star athlete Jimmy Holiday flips commitment from TCU to Tennessee football

"Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney pulled out a lengthy proposal detailing their plans for Holiday.

The proposal, about 18 pages or so, had a six-month calendar with precise times and dates of what he would be doing, April Holiday said. It had a list of all the quarterbacks they'd coach. So many schools had recruited their son as an athlete, but Tennessee made it clear they wanted him to play quarterback in Knoxville.

"We were glowing," Holiday's father said. "That let me know they truly did their homework on Jimmy as a player. They noticed his IQ as a quarterback and that he could play quarterback and that it's more than just about his speed."

You guys should call the coaches up and let them know he can't throw and won't play qb.
It seems like Chaney and the player have discussed other plans. Hey you guys know more about who can play qb and what Chaney needs at qb than he does I guess. You should tweet them and let them know he has no chance at playing qb and has a weak arm.
Of course you had no problem saying they didn't know what they were doing when they benched JG for performance... you are such a hypocrite and dishonest person.

We all know all weak-armed former high school qbs they plan on moving get detailed 18 page reports for a six month qb development plan and are told they will be qbs and qbs only. Happens all the time.
And you should stop being stupid.

This kid is a "safe bet". In Pruitt's press conference he went into pretty significant detail about his philosophy being to let kids play the position they want to play... until they realize they need to do something else. Nothing at all wrong with that. Have you read this 18 page report? Did it include the disclaimer that UT was also signing one of the top rated QB's in the country and had talented guys on the roster already? You of course don't know... but that won't keep you from drawing conclusions based on a document you've never read.

Playing QB at UT could be as little as being a wildcat change up or as much as being a full time starter. If he can develop the arm to play QB then GREAT. Unlike you, all I want is for UT to get great play from the QB position. I want to see points on the board and wins on the ledger. If this kid can become the QB UT needs to do that... then so be it. But you take "offense" and I strongly suspect it has nothing at all to do with my criticism of the kid's arm.

Of course you had no problem saying they didn't know what they were doing when they benched JG for performance... you are such a hypocrite and dishonest person.

And you should stop being stupid.

This kid is a "safe bet". In Pruitt's press conference he went into pretty significant detail about his philosophy being to let kids play the position they want to play... until they realize they need to do something else. Nothing at all wrong with that. Have you read this 18 page report? Did it include the disclaimer that UT was also signing one of the top rated QB's in the country and had talented guys on the roster already? You of course don't know... but that won't keep you from drawing conclusions based on a document you've never read.

Playing QB at UT could be as little as being a wildcat change up or as much as being a full time starter. If he can develop the arm to play QB then GREAT. Unlike you, all I want is for UT to get great play from the QB position. I want to see points on the board and wins on the ledger. If this kid can become the QB UT needs to do that... then so be it. But you take "offense" and I strongly suspect it has nothing at all to do with my criticism of the kid's arm.

Pretty was already pretty effusive with praise about the kid’s abilities...at least for Pruitt. Makes me think he definitely sees utility in the kid playing some ab in some capacity. You’re right, it could very well be in a fashion similar to how Fields was used at UGA last year.

So that would be a personal decision, not a coaches..
Yes and the coaches know this when they tell them they can start out at whatever position. Coaches know most great players just want to get on the field. Once they are there they see for themselves what the fastest track to playing time is.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Hill is essentially a walk on, so I think he was just referring to scholarship QB's.
I would find it strange that UT would accept Hill as a transfer and not give him a scholarship. Maybe someone can explain the reasons Hill or UT would agree to that situation if it is true.

National Signing Day: Nebraska, Tennessee top winners, Florida leads losers in early signing period 2019
"A flip of speedy quarterback Jimmy Holliday, who went to Tennessee from TCU. "

3-star athlete Jimmy Holiday flips commitment from TCU to Tennessee football

"Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney pulled out a lengthy proposal detailing their plans for Holiday.

The proposal, about 18 pages or so, had a six-month calendar with precise times and dates of what he would be doing, April Holiday said. It had a list of all the quarterbacks they'd coach. So many schools had recruited their son as an athlete, but Tennessee made it clear they wanted him to play quarterback in Knoxville.

"We were glowing," Holiday's father said. "That let me know they truly did their homework on Jimmy as a player. They noticed his IQ as a quarterback and that he could play quarterback and that it's more than just about his speed."

You guys should call the coaches up and let them know he can't throw and won't play qb.
It seems like Chaney and the player have discussed other plans. Hey you guys know more about who can play qb and what Chaney needs at qb than he does I guess. You should tweet them and let them know he has no chance at playing qb and has a weak arm.

We all know all weak-armed former high school qbs they plan on moving get detailed 18 page reports for a six month qb development plan and are told they will be qbs and qbs only. Happens all the time.

Please come back to us in 2 years when he’s at WR or DB. Good job of recruiting by the staff, though.

Pretty was already pretty effusive with praise about the kid’s abilities...at least for Pruitt. Makes me think he definitely sees utility in the kid playing some ab in some capacity. You’re right, it could very well be in a fashion similar to how Fields was used at UGA last year.
Hopefully UT can use Holiday like OSU uses Fields now

Reactions: Sleegro
He will be Qb alternating with Bailey in a wildcat formation and for change of pace. Holliday is going to be one of our MVP’s the next four years as we rise up to N.C. playoff status.

The Wildcat scenario is possible. Like we currently use JJ. But this kid will not be a full time QB anymore than JJ is. Hell, JJ has a better arm.

Please come back to us in 2 years when he’s at WR or DB. Good job of recruiting by the staff, though.
The Wildcat scenario is possible. Like we currently use JJ. But this kid will not be a full time QB anymore than JJ is. Hell, JJ has a better arm.
I'll be sure to let Chaney know you think he is an idiot. He is the one that is all in on Holiday at qb.

Who cares what happens three years from now? He is a qb signee and was recruited to play qb. If he changes years down the line it doesn't make it any less true now.

Pruitt seemed to be pretty giddy over this class in general. Strange considering how he normally is.

Fields is huge. This kid is listed at 6'1" but is probably not quite that. Fields has a great arm.

I hope this kid finds a position whether QB or more likely slot and succeeds beyond imagination.

Him finding and accepting that position however will be pretty critical.

Reactions: LittleVol
I'll be sure to let Chaney know you think he is an idiot. He is the one that is all in on Holiday at qb.
And you are the one who can be counted on to distort the facts. Giving a guy a shot isn't the same as being all in... unless of course you want to quote that 18 page plan.

Who cares what happens three years from now? He is a qb signee and was recruited to play qb. If he changes years down the line it doesn't make it any less true now.
So was Jennings. In fact, Jennings was a top 10 DT QB coming out of HS. He lasted about a week or so with the QB group before realizing his best position was WR.

Actually...it does. Because it means you were wrong that he was being recruited to play QB.

Kentucky told Randall Cobb he'd play QB. Tennessee told Jennings he'd get a shot at QB. But those coaches knew at the time where both players would end up...and that it wouldn't be QB. Neither will Holiday...except perhaps in special run/Wildcat packages.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Pruitt seemed to be pretty giddy over this class in general. Strange considering how he normally is.

Fields is huge. This kid is listed at 6'1" but is probably not quite that. Fields has a great arm.

I hope this kid finds a position whether QB or more likely slot and succeeds beyond imagination.

Him finding and accepting that position however will be pretty critical.

You're right. He's definitely not as big as Fields. I just meant that he's likely to be subbed in occasionally to run zone reads and/or some RPO stuff.

And you are the one who can be counted on to distort the facts. Giving a guy a shot isn't the same as being all in... unless of course you want to quote that 18 page plan.

So was Jennings. In fact, Jennings was a top 10 DT QB coming out of HS. He lasted about a week or so with the QB group before realizing his best position was WR.

Yea yea. I posted links detailing their qb only pitch which was not what JJ got.

JJ also didn't get a plan for qb development.

Them showing up with a plan for qb they worked for a few hours on showing how they will devlop him as a QB is huge no matter how much you downplay it.

Actually...it does. Because it means you were wrong that he was being recruited to play QB.

Kentucky told Randall Cobb he'd play QB. Tennessee told Jennings he'd get a shot at QB. But those coaches knew at the time where both players would end up...and that it wouldn't be QB. Neither will Holiday...except perhaps in special run/Wildcat packages.
If someone moves after a few years it doesn't mean they were recruited to play the position they moved to. That is just dumb. If he plays the first two years at qb and moves he was still recruited as a qb.

He is listed by UT a qb. He was signed as a qb. He was recruited as a qb.

Whatever happens after doe not change the fact that he was recruited as a qb.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Yea yea. I posted links detailing their qb only pitch which was not what JJ got.

Them showing up with a plan for qb they worked for a few hours on showing how they will devlop him as a QB is huge no matter how much you downplay it.

If someone moves after a few years it doesn't mean they were recruited to play the position they moved to. That is just dumb. If he plays the first two years at qb and moves he was still recruited as a qb.

Whatever happens after doe not change the fact that he was recruited as a qb.
When he’s the leading receiver in a game, it’ll get mentioned.

Kentucky also recruited Randall Cobb as a quarterback. When Cobb got on campus it quickly became apparent but that was not the direction his career would take. I think everybody involved was happy with the way everything turned out.

Reactions: sjt18
Kentucky also recruited Randall Cobb as a quarterback. What's Cobb got on campus he quickly became apparent but that was not the direction is career would take. I think everybody involved was happy with the way everything turned out.
Did he get 14 pages from Chaney? Was that even a thing back then?

Reactions: sjt18
No. You massaged what you wanted to read out of those links. Just like you always do... because you are a fundamentally dishonest person.

Prove that JJ didn't get that "pitch".
Have you read it? Can you post it?

Yea. It was a clever recruiting tactic. Huge. If he develops into a QB then that's great. Again, my agenda is orange. Unlike you, that's the color I'm interested in.

But... did they have to present Bailey with a plan like that? Why might that be? What did they tell Bailey to keep him in the fold while presenting this kid with a "plan"?

I hope they didn't mislead this kid. But the bottom line is that he is still not a full time QB unless he develops better arm strength than he shows in his highlight videos.

Only someone as truly dishonest as you could twist words like this. They have stated publicly that he would get a chance to play QB. Pruitt also in an unsolicited statement said that while guys won't be forced to change positions... they might become aware it is best for them. If this kid's arm isn't better than it appears to be then it won't take more than a couple of practices to realize he isn't going to beat HB or perhaps the others out.

You have NO first hand knowledge of the conversations that occurred. Worse than that... you've already distorted reports of the conversations that were had. He was recruited and told he would have an opportunity to try QB. That's not the same as being "recruited as a QB". HB was recruited as a QB. That's what he is and all he can be.

If what you are claiming is true then they deceived one of these kids. How long have they been telling Bailey that he was their guy? But according to you... that's not true any more. Chaney has already presented an 18 page plan for the ascension of this kid as UT's QB of the future.

I have a bit of a different take with this young man and Pruitt, and I do believe he is being recruited as a quarterback.

I believe, and I believe his players believe, that Pruitt is a players coach and honest. If he tells Holliday that he can play quarterback, then the player and the coach both believe it. And he will get a legitimate opportunity to do so. I really have confidence that Pruitt is very smart and that he will play this out for the long term.

Pruitt sees what is going on around college football and the NFL, and he knows that more often than not the coaches miss on evaluating quarterbacks, and they miss both ways, evaluating the classic drop back quarterbacks too high and evaluating the dual threats too low. He is willing to wait a year or two until the young man either proves to everyone else that he is good enough to play in the SEC and shows it, or proves to himself that he is not good enough. At that point Pruitt's honesty will pay off; when the young man asks for his opinion and knows he will get the truth. Either way, Pruitt and UT will win with this young man, and UT will benefit on the next recruit that shows this much potential.

Another thing that I believe may happen is that Harrsion Bailey may come in and win the job next year. If that happens then Pruitt knows we will probably lose two quarterbacks in the transfer portal after next year and that he needs two with this class. I also love the fact that in two years Pruitt has flipped the roster enough to take this young gem and let it play out. I am really excited to see what he does.

No. You massaged what you wanted to read out of those links. Just like you always do... because you are a fundamentally dishonest person.

Prove that JJ didn't get that "pitch".
Have you read it? Can you post it?

Yea. It was a clever recruiting tactic. Huge. If he develops into a QB then that's great. Again, my agenda is orange. Unlike you, that's the color I'm interested in.

But... did they have to present Bailey with a plan like that? Why might that be? What did they tell Bailey to keep him in the fold while presenting this kid with a "plan"?

I hope they didn't mislead this kid. But the bottom line is that he is still not a full time QB unless he develops better arm strength than he shows in his highlight videos.

Only someone as truly dishonest as you could twist words like this. They have stated publicly that he would get a chance to play QB. Pruitt also in an unsolicited statement said that while guys won't be forced to change positions... they might become aware it is best for them. If this kid's arm isn't better than it appears to be then it won't take more than a couple of practices to realize he isn't going to beat HB or perhaps the others out.

You have NO first hand knowledge of the conversations that occurred. Worse than that... you've already distorted reports of the conversations that were had. He was recruited and told he would have an opportunity to try QB. That's not the same as being "recruited as a QB". HB was recruited as a QB. That's what he is and all he can be.

If what you are claiming is true then they deceived one of these kids. How long have they been telling Bailey that he was their guy? But according to you... that's not true any more. Chaney has already presented an 18 page plan for the ascension of this kid as UT's QB of the future.
Not going to address it all.

HB knew we may take two. No lies to anyone.

We aren't discussing HB anyway. If he did or didn't get any extras it is irrelevant to the discussion.

He is a full time qb. Once again tweet Chaney and UT football and tell them he isn't a qb and doesn't have arm strength even though the offical UT account listed him as a qb with arm strength as a positive trait for him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
You're right. He's definitely not as big as Fields. I just meant that he's likely to be subbed in occasionally to run zone reads and/or some RPO stuff.
I challenge k-town mostly because of what I suspect the source of his biases is and because he twists facts and data to conform to his conclusions. He doesn't appear to be a Vol fan but more a fan of certain players... and has pretty genuine hatred for others.

In pure truth and honesty, if Holiday can develop his arm and learn the QB position then I will be as happy as anyone. I just don't see it in his videos. I would still suggest RB to him. He has a nice frame for a RB. He has good vision and instincts. Add 20 lbs to that frame and put the ball in his hands 25 times per game... and he's a Heisman contender. But the more likely outcome is that they use him as a wildcat QB but mostly as slot.

VN Store

Back