Stability of staff.

dono

Obsessive Woo Hater
If I have not missed it, it seems that we are not having any turnover? I look at that as a very positive thing and another reason for some optimism for future success. I have heard some say that one factor in Fulmer's "decline" was a lack of stability of the staff and. Lord knows, the last decade is what total instability looks like.
Any thoughts on how Pruitt's experience, as one in different situations, might be helping him in making assistants' lives better than average and therefore increasing their satisfaction?

Paying them well is a good start. It seems like this staff works well together and likes working together. I think that breeds consistency in practice and player development.

If you’re an ambitious position coach who wants to be a HC, you take the next promotion at a different place to get where you want to be. Just part of the business. It’s more the exception to the rule to stay at one place for more than a few years. I think this staff has a lot of confidence in Pruitt and wants to help him succeed as well as advance their own careers.

Last edited:
If I have not missed it, it seems that we are not having any turnover? I look at that as a very positive thing and another reason for some optimism for future success. I have heard some say that one factor in Fulmer's "decline" was a lack of stability of the staff and. Lord knows, the last decade is what total instability looks like.
Any thoughts on how Pruitt's experience, as one in different situations, might be helping him in making assistants' lives better than average and therefore increasing their satisfaction?
Many times turnover occurs after NSD.

Paying them well is a good start. It seems like this staff works well together and likes working together. I think that breeds consistency in practice and player development.

If you’re an ambitious position coach who wants to be a HC, you take the next promotion at a different place to get where you want to be. Just part of the business. It’s more the exception to the rule to stay at one place for more than a few years. I think this staff has a lot of confidence in Pruitt and wants to help him succeed as well as advance their own careers.
It's also a GREAT thing that Pruitt is the "default" DC, regardless of who he hires as DC, and we've got an OC that's here for as long as he does a good job. Top level continuity is huge.

Many times turnover occurs after NSD.

Previously that was understandable but one would think now with ESD covering a lot of the work in the recruiting cycle, that things would move earlier. But then, I suspect for many, they are also looking at bowl bonuses, etc as well and so this better fits into the Feb timeline perhaps.

I'm certainly no insider but while listening to Basilio's recruiting special yesterday with "X" and others as guests, they kept mentioning Rocker and Weinke as likely to be replaced before next year. Rocker for lack of recruiting and Weinke for not being the best coach for HB. I know nothing, just passing it on.

Lulz. Yes, do tell.
Nothing that should impact progress we have been seeing so probably small potatoes..or is it peanuts?

Like a previous poster said though its going to come after NSD.

We need more recruiters. Need to tell Rocker, Wienke and Rumph to hit the bricks. Position coaches are a dime a dozen. You can find good ones pretty much anywhere. You need lights out recruiters. Bama/UGA/LSU all have 2-3 Neidermeyer type recruiters on staff.

We need more recruiters. Need to tell Rocker, Wienke and Rumph to hit the bricks. Position coaches are a dime a dozen. You can find good ones pretty much anywhere. You need lights out recruiters. Bama/UGA/LSU all have 2-3 Neidermeyer type recruiters on staff.

UPDATE: The days of Tennessee out-recruiting Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, and Florida are over. We out-recruited everyone we should have out-recruited (except maybe Auburn). The sooner people accept this, the better. They'll always sign higher ranked classes than us, but we can close the gap with player development and staff continuity.

hmm

Reactions: AM64
Nothing that should impact progress we have been seeing so probably small potatoes..or is it peanuts?

Like a previous poster said though its going to come after NSD.
I knew what you meant and was just kinda playing along.

I believe we'll see a couple of moves too, and I ain't got no sources.

Good post, thanks. My guess is that Pruitt believes in staff continuity because he understands what it means to a program over the long term. Listening to him, he obviously believes in the staff he has. He has also said that the players believe in the staff...shared vision throughout the program, etc. Can't overstate the importance of that. Fulmer was actually known for staff continuity; if you look back, his key guys stayed with him a long time. It only fell apart when Cut left to take a HC job. My further guess is that Fulmer will reinforce the importance of staff continuity if he is asked. Also, from what I've read, these coaches seem to like east TN...any of them over 50 would probably consider staying around and retiring up there, if the wins and the money are there.

That said, if Pruitt feels a staff upgrade is necessary, I am behind him 100 percent. And if he gets into a bidding war over a coach he wants to keep, I think we all know that the money will be there.

Final thought: if I had to guess which staff member will leave first for another coaching position, it would be Tee Martin.

Last edited:
Where has Niedermeyer been? Haven’t seen him on twitter retweeting or liking any of the new signees. Really don’t want to lose the moose.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
UPDATE: The days of Tennessee out-recruiting Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, and Florida are over. We out-recruited everyone we should have out-recruited (except maybe Auburn). The sooner people accept this, the better. They'll always sign higher ranked classes than us, but we can close the gap with player development and staff continuity.
Always is a long time, brother, and I've lived long enough to know nothing is forever. If our coaches hold the same loser mentality you're selling, we need new coaches.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread...jinxing us...watch us lose a couple.

Gee THANKS OP!!!

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back