'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

Dude is so great he was fired from USC and has been at FAU for 3 years. But yeah, elite coaches spend that much time at those types of programs! And he's such a nuisance he was fired before a NC game at Bama. Saban was willing to risk the championship, and ultimately lost it, just to get rid of him. But he's ELITE. lol

Bass the thing here is everywhere he left they got worse. Haden fired him and eventually got fired himself. See if you be the man you are and take the harbored feelings away and see what he did at USC with only 15 scholarships duebto Pete Carroll cheating you'd not bring that up. Also tell me how much better theyve been and how many coaches they've had and now on their 3rd AD. Bama we saw the results they lost because of Saban pride and even he admitted that. At FAU he worked wonders and contended for 2 conf championships in 3 yrs. We just had Dooley and Butch and yawl still whining about Kiffin geezus sometimes i really wonder who some of the whiners really are on here. Men or boys whos nuts haven't dropped because holding such a petty grudge is quite weak.

Bass the thing here is everywhere he left they got worse. Haden fired him and eventually got fired himself. See if you be the man you are and take the harbored feelings away and see what he did at USC with only 15 scholarships duebto Pete Carroll cheating you'd not bring that up. Also tell me how much better theyve been and how many coaches they've had and now on their 3rd AD. Bama we saw the results they lost because of Saban pride and even he admitted that. At FAU he worked wonders and contended for 2 conf championships in 3 yrs. We just had Dooley and Butch and yawl still whining about Kiffin geezus sometimes i really wonder who some of the whiners really are on here. Men or boys whos nuts haven't dropped because holding such a petty grudge is quite weak.
Point is, he hasnā€™t proven he is a great coach. Heā€™s talked about like heā€™s in the league of Saban and heā€™s done literally nothing to earn that.

So he's a curse. That explains it..... Full grown female here that does not like him anymore than AV because of his behavior and what he did to the university I love. If that makes me petty so be it. Enjoyed watching his downfall after taking for granted the opportunity he had with the Vols. Whoever wants to keep the bromance going go right ahead. I expect many to get over it when he begins being his narcissistic self and doing things that are harmful to our team.

I don't know if leaving a place worst than you found it would be considered a good thing. I also don't know if I agree that all the places have gotten worst because of his absence.

At UT it seemed like the culture started to crumble under him and he left at a awful time. The real issue was an incompetent AD that could never recover.

USC isn't worst without him. They are a pretty average team now and we're also under Kiffin. Clay Helton has a slightly better win percentage than Kiffin.

At Bama Kiffin did a good job bringing Bamas offense into modern times, but Bama has seen better offenses since his departure.

FAU won't do better than Kiffin but his time there has been confusing. I haven't heard what happened his second year being 5-7 and don't know enough to comment, but he did have 2 good years.

I'm not a Kiffin hater and think he's interesting to watch from a diffence. I don't think he's a home run hire for Ole Miss but I think it makes the SEC more interesting. I could see them pulling off a couple upsets but they are never going to be serious contenders.

Reactions: Sleegro
I think even Kiffin would admit he made a mistake leaving Tennessee. I am personally over his time here and I'm pretty excited to see him piss off Saban, Orgeron, Mullen, etc. He will piss us off a few times but he will piss Sabam off more and that will be awesome.

I don't know if leaving a place worst than you found it would be considered a good thing. I also don't know if I agree that all the places have gotten worst because of his absence.

At UT it seemed like the culture started to crumble under him and he left at a awful time. The real issue was an incompetent AD that could never recover.

USC isn't worst without him. They are a pretty average team now and we're also under Kiffin. Clay Helton has a slightly better win percentage than Kiffin.

At Bama Kiffin did a good job bringing Bamas offense into modern times, but Bama has seen better offenses since his departure.

FAU won't do better than Kiffin but his time there has been confusing. I haven't heard what happened his second year being 5-7 and don't know enough to comment, but he did have 2 good years.

I'm not a Kiffin hater and think he's interesting to watch from a diffence. I don't think he's a home run hire for Ole Miss but I think it makes the SEC more interesting. I could see them pulling off a couple upsets but they are never going to be serious contenders.
There is a lot of truth in both of these statements. Which is essentially why Kiffin remains one of the most interesting coaches in the country. There's no doubting he is capable of both great and terrible things at exactly the same time. I find myself loving and hating him from day to day. haha

Bama's offense is only better because of Tua, who Kiffin recruited. Withour Tua, Bama's offense isn't better without Kiffin.

Reactions: de1conley
Bama's offense is only better because of Tua, who Kiffin recruited. Withour Tua, Bama's offense isn't better without Kiffin.
Tosh Lupoi was his primary recruiter and normally gets all the credit for West coast recruits would land. He had to to believe in Kiffins offensive system though. Also with their wide receivers they were able to put up numbers with their back up QB in once he got a week of practice.

Personally, I never carried a grudge against Kiffin. I thought the timing of his leaving UT was really detrimental to UT, which was because Hayden reached out to Kiffin at that late date. But I don't blame someone for leaving for what they perceive as their 'dream' job. I certainly would, especially if it got me back to the part of the country that I loved (which for me would be the state of TN).

I thought he did a good job at UT in his one season, but I always felt we would have stayed under NCAA scrutiny if he remained at UT. I think Ole Miss, coming off of the sanctions that Freeze saddled them with, needs to be sure their compliance office stays attached to Kiffin's hip, because the NCAA will be paying very close attention to his recruiting, especially in the early stages.

The guy has a great offensive mind, of that there is no doubt, and he has shown he can successfully oversee a successful G5 school. But a lot of coaches have been successful at G5 programs who were unable to transfer that success to a P5 program, much less an SEC program in the toughest division in college football.

But if he can stay out of the NCAA's crosshairs I think he is a great addition to the SEC, if no other reason than his antics off the field. Whether he can make Ole Miss a real contender in the West w/o incurring the wrath of the NCAA and Sanky is the million dollar question.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back