'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Hasn’t been evaluated by 247 since March, should get a ratings bump can’t tell me there’s 1400 players better than him.
Will be interesting.

I remember Arian Smith was bumped like 500 spots to being a top 30 player and nearly a five star. Like Holiday, he plays QB in high school and not receiver. Their justification for bumping him was that he looked good in 7v7 at a camp, but really, it was his speed. He ran a very fast 100 meter. That just so happened to follow his leaning to GA...

Here's Holiday, a guy who is probably faster, with a laser timed 4.38 40, and I bet you he stays a 3 star but at best tops at barely a 4. Then there's Hyatt, a laser timed 4.31, breaking records at receiver while winning state titles, and he's ranked 295th in the country. But yeah... those guys are unbiased.

Will be interesting.

I remember Arian Smith was bumped like 500 spots to being a top 30 player and nearly a five star. The kid, like Holiday plays QB in high school, and not receiver. Their justification for bumping him was that he looked good in 7v7 at a camp, but really, it was his speed. He ran a very fast 100 meter. That just so happened to follow his leaning to GA...

Here's Holiday, a guy who is probably faster, with a laser timed 4.38 40, and I bet you he stays a 3 star but at tops barely a 4. Then there's Hyatt, a laser timed 4.31, breaking records at receiver while winning state titles, and he's ranked 295th in the country. But yeah... those guys are unbiased.
We all know why...

I think Bailey is a much better qb. That doesn't mean this kid is bad. So what are you talking about? I'm still just as high on HB. This kid has potential though.
He has outstanding potential... just not as a QB unless that throwing motion can be fixed and he can improve arm strength. Do yourself a favor and go back and watch some of JG's highlights as a HS Sr then compare them to this kid.

I hope UT gets this kid. I LOVE his instinct as a runner. Everyone says "slot". That may be the most likely position. But I would love to see him gain 10-20 lbs and touch the ball 25 times per game as a RB. He appears to have outstanding vision and field awareness.

wonder if chaney uses holiday/ bailey similarly to how mullen uses trask/ jones.
As good as Trask has been, Jones would have been the starter if he had more experience. He has a very good and accurate arm to go with good running skills.

Will be interesting.

I remember Arian Smith was bumped like 500 spots to being a top 30 player and nearly a five star. Like Holiday, he plays QB in high school and not receiver. Their justification for bumping him was that he looked good in 7v7 at a camp, but really, it was his speed. He ran a very fast 100 meter. That just so happened to follow his leaning to GA...

Here's Holiday, a guy who is probably faster, with a laser timed 4.38 40, and I bet you he stays a 3 star but at best tops at barely a 4. Then there's Hyatt, a laser timed 4.31, breaking records at receiver while winning state titles, and he's ranked 295th in the country. But yeah... those guys are unbiased.
Jalin has a 100m PR of just 0.07s slower than Arian Smith and the exact same 200 time and better production at wr. But he hasn't camped so 3 star.

He has outstanding potential... just not as a QB unless that throwing motion can be fixed and he can improve arm strength. Do yourself a favor and go back and watch some of JG's highlights as a HS Sr then compare them to this kid.

I hope UT gets this kid. I LOVE his instinct as a runner. Everyone says "slot". That may be the most likely position. But I would love to see him gain 10-20 lbs and touch the ball 25 times per game as a RB. He appears to have outstanding vision and field awareness.
Most of his issues with throwing are from bad footwork. He almost never sets his feet which completely ruins his mechanics. He actually has both feet off the ground on a lot of throws. It's kind of impressive that he completed over 63% of his passes considering probably 90% were off platform. Footwork and mechanics can be fixed with coaching though. He may not end up at qb, but he has the potential to do it. Would just take a couple years to fix his footwork and mechanics. Which nobody thinks he would play qb here his first couple years anyway.

Your comment is idiotic. Of course I don't know more than them. I'm saying they won't play him at QB because, unlike some on this thread, they can recognize when a kid isn't a D1 passer. Watch his film.
You are right. You don't know more than them. Unlike you, they watched and think he has potential at qb.

"The chance to break bread with Pruitt again was a big deal for Holiday as the two have always jived with their personalities.

"He's straight forward about everything," Holiday said. "The thing I liked the most is that he said the game is changing and that he would be fool to not see it changing and that before long he will need this type of quarterback."

The message was pretty clear and that is nothing is promised in terms of playing time, but he would have every opportunity to earn the job."

Most of his issues with throwing are from bad footwork. He almost never sets his feet which completely ruins his mechanics. He actually has both feet off the ground on a lot of throws. It's kind of impressive that he completed over 63% of his passes considering probably 90% were off platform. Footwork and mechanics can be fixed with coaching though. He may not end up at qb, but he has the potential to do it. Would just take a couple years to fix his footwork and mechanics. Which nobody thinks he would play qb here his first couple years anyway.
Or he could be instant impact as a slot or RB.... maybe even DB.

You are right. You don't know more than them. Unlike you, they watched and think he has potential at qb.

"The chance to break bread with Pruitt again was a big deal for Holiday as the two have always jived with their personalities.

"He's straight forward about everything," Holiday said. "The thing I liked the most is that he said the game is changing and that he would be fool to not see it changing and that before long he will need this type of quarterback."

The message was pretty clear and that is nothing is promised in terms of playing time, but he would have every opportunity to earn the job."
Oh yea, that literally screams he'll be the starting QB at UT in the near future... 🙄

Dude averaged 17 rushing touchdowns a season for 3 seasons in High School. That's Lamar Jackson crazy.

Side note: Could this guy be our replacement for JJ?

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back