'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

If they’re saying he’s 6’1 and runs a 4.3 coming out of high school, then he’s probably 5’11 and runs 4.5. You know how this works.

Well The Opening Regional had him at 5'11.5" (likely barefoot measurement) and 4.38 40 time.

So with cleats I'm sure he's 6'1" 40 time is always debated. Won't know a truly accurate 40 time until he runs at the combine (if he runs there).

Callahan also said Will Friend led his recruitment.
That's the way it played out due to the way UT recruits by region. At 1st Tee Martin was in a pizza hut with another coach and JH knew he was going to be there and showed up to meet him. Story is JH had a lot of his highlights on his phone and Tee watched them and made JH an offer on the spot. I recall reading that in a Ms. paper, the Clarion Ledger.

That's the way it played out due to the way UT recruits by region. At 1st Tee Martin was in a pizza hut with another coach and JH knew he was going to be there and showed up to meet him. Story is JH had a lot of his highlights on his phone and Tee watched them and made JH an offer on the spot. I recall reading that in a Ms. paper, the Clarion Ledger.
A guy this fast needs to be on offense. It’s good to have quick corners, but we need more explosiveness on offense. Holiday and Callaway will provide that
And Jalen

A guy this fast needs to be on offense. It’s good to have quick corners, but we need more explosiveness on offense. Holiday and Callaway will provide that
Agree, although I think Pruitt has earned all our trust that wherever he would put him is best for the kid and the team.

That said, JH on one side, Hiatt on the other, that’s some serious speed. Ridiculous speed at multiple wideout positions had surely worked great for Bama, let’s give it a try here.

I don't disagree. But putting the pieces together on this one makes me think that he'll get his first look at CB. A) He's an ideal CB size-wise. B) They ramped up his recruitment just as they let Art Green go and they couldn't get traction with Dennis. C) If Lawrence is a Safety...and I think he is...there are no other CBs in this class and none on the radar. Holiday would appear to be filling that spot. D) Pruitt seems to try everyone on defense first. Jerrod Means seemed like a prototypical WR and even he was tried at CB.

I don't disagree. But putting the pieces together on this one makes me think that he'll get his first look at CB. A) He's an ideal CB size-wise. B) They ramped up his recruitment just as they let Art Green go and they couldn't get traction with Dennis. C) If Lawrence is a Safety...and I think he is...there are no other CBs in this class and none on the radar. Holiday would appear to be filling that spot. D) Pruitt seems to try everyone on defense first. Jerrod Means seemed like a prototypical WR and even he was tried at CB.
He will get his first look at qb. If he can play qb at this level he would have much more of an impact that at corner or wr.

He can't. Because Tennessee doesn't run the triple option. He's not even an FCS-caliber QB. He's a DB or WR.
Another guy who knows more than Pruitt, Chaney, and a bunch of other D1 coaches.

They put a whole qb playbook together for a qb that isn't even FCS caliber. Sure. Even though guys that were "qbs" have been turned away due to lack of ability to play at this level.

I guess the staff just whiffed on this. Maybe you should send Chaney an email to give him some hot scouting tips.

Reactions: LittleVol
Lamar in college says hi

What does Lamar Jackson have to do with anything?

Look, if y'all think that this kid is a D1 passer, feel free to be wrong. I had this same argument with people about Jauan Jennings when he was committed. They insisted he was a QB and I said he'd be a WR or DB...not because I'm an expert evaluator, but because it doesn't take an expert evaluator to see that Jennings wasn't a D1 passer and neither is Holiday. Holiday's high school film reminds me of Emmanuel Moseley's...who also played QB.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Another guy who knows more than Pruitt, Chaney, and a bunch of other D1 coaches.

They put a whole qb playbook together for a qb that isn't even FCS caliber. Sure. Even though guys that were "qbs" have been turned away due to lack of ability to play at this level.

I guess the staff just whiffed on this. Maybe you should send Chaney an email to give him some hot scouting tips.

Your comment is idiotic. Of course I don't know more than them. I'm saying they won't play him at QB because, unlike some on this thread, they can recognize when a kid isn't a D1 passer. Watch his film.

VN Store

Back