Oklahoma is beatable next season

If Guarantano actually takes the step that we all thought he would take and the D is for real (which means a 9 win season) then it is definitely a possible win.
Dumb mental mistakes that have plagued UT and a slow start (inexperienced WRs and D couping with loss of Bituli and Warrior) could cause things to get out of hand.

If Guarantano actually takes the step that we all thought he would take and the D is for real (which means a 9 win season) then it is definitely a possible win.
Dumb mental mistakes that have plagued UT and a slow start (inexperienced WRs and D couping with loss of Bituli and Warrior) could cause things to get out of hand.
I expect the defense to be much further along in performance than the offense early in the season.
Defense

I've learned the hard way, to just be patient and see how we play. I'm not entertaining the idea of going to Oklahoma and winning. The wait and see approach is the best way until the program gets back.

Reactions: cbatey1
We won’t beat Oklahoma on the road they are just too far ahead of us. I wish we could buy out that game and play somebody else there is nothing to gain from playing them. I think 8-4 is the goal in 2020

Reactions: 08Vol
We won’t beat Oklahoma on the road they are just too far ahead of us. I wish we could buy out that game and play somebody else there is nothing to gain from playing them. I think 8-4 is the goal in 2020
Oklahoma may be overconfident, at least I hope so. I believe we can give them a game. An Oklahoma win is by no means a guarantee. The pressure is on them, not us.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Yeah its stupid to play the Game! I'll bet USCjr wishes they would of bought out the Georgia game, and Geo St wishes they would of bought out the UT game and played someone they had a chance to beat.

Vol fans should Checker their stadium. The team will put a bear down on them even if the Vols fans choose not to Checker.

Oklahoma may be overconfident, at least I hope so. I believe we can give them a game. An Oklahoma win is by no means a guarantee. The pressure is on them, not us.
Over confident? If there is anyone out there that thinks teams will ever sleep walk our game, need to take a nap. No team will slack on Tennessee week. It means too much to beat the Vols. Even when we are down it means so much to other programs to get that W against us. We have history and tradition. There will always be a target on out back. Even after these few lean years, to beat us, is still a big deal.
I’m looking forward to the opportunity to beat them in Soonerville. I like our chances.

Over confident? If there is anyone out there that thinks teams will ever sleep walk our game, need to take a nap. No team will slack on Tennessee week. It means too much to beat the Vols. Even when we are down it means so much to other programs to get that W against us. We have history and tradition. There will always be a target on out back. Even after these few lean years, to beat us, is still a big deal.
I’m looking forward to the opportunity to beat them in Soonerville. I like our chances.
Every good team can sleep walk against a team they believe is not as good as they are. A teams tradition has nothing to do with it.

Palmer and who?

Everyone is unproven (to include Palmer really). Pretty sure WA was a "highly touted" TE (albeit a JUCO transfer), I'll believe it when I see it. Thankfully the OL and RB position should be a strength next year. The passing game is a HUGE unknown.
The receiving corps will be better overall next year and have more depth.

We could play with Oklahoma now, wait till you see what LSU is going to do to them. Talk about bad match up.

We could play with Oklahoma now, wait till you see what LSU is going to do to them. Talk about bad match up.

LSU could put 80 on us if we played them today. LSU and UT aren’t even in the same galaxy when it comes to offense. What they do to OU has absolutely 0 barring on how we would look against them.

VN Store

Back