Worst Coach Ever?

You are correct. In some ways they are worse than an FCS. They've only had a football program for a total of 8 years. One of the worst programs in the FBS.
Hmmm... I'm not sure I should trust your opinions. Your level of displayed subject matter expertise has been less than stellar so far.

You do realize Pruitt's still not over .500 right??

Does Pruitt suck??? Is it beyond obvious??? You want to address his entire post I quoted, or just cherry pick the one part??? No one has EVER judged college coaches success after 2 seasons, especially when they inherited a dumpster fire, ESPECIALLY 3 or 4 games in to their 2nd season like this clown did before... Get real...

I will grant you GSU was treated like a glorified scrimage which most coaches would have done, including great ones like Saban. It came back to bite them. but other than that what specifically game plan wise has been faulty this season?

BYU was also a poor game plan. Way too conservative against a team we should have easily beaten. Should have made adjustments at half time changed the playbook and perhaps should have given another qb a shot at setting off a spark. As usual, the Florida game was a disaster with our team not being confident and ready to play. It’s the head coaches job to set the right tone. Again. No adjustments were made to try and salvage the game. With that said, the game plans improved over the course of the season. I think the defense game plans have especially improved. The offense still isn’t clicking on all cylinders but that could be more about execution to your point.

Reactions: troyntn71
BYU was also a poor game plan. Way too conservative against a team we should have easily beaten. Should have made adjustments at half time changed the playbook and perhaps should have given another qb a shot at setting off a spark. As usual, the Florida game was a disaster with our team not being confident and ready to play. It’s the head coaches job to set the right tone. Again. No adjustments were made to try and salvage the game. With that said, the game plans improved over the course of the season. I think the defense game plans have especially improved. The offense still isn’t clicking on all cylinders but that could be more about execution to your point.
I totally disagree. BYU was totally about miss executions and had nothing to do with scheme or play calling. I would say the same for FLA and GA with added talent gap.

Reactions: pimo1
You are correct. In some ways they are worse than an FCS. They've only had a football program for a total of 8 years. One of the worst programs in the FBS.
just because you don’t pay attention to them doesn’t mean they’re awful. Ga State definitely should’ve been an easy win... but they’re nowhere near one of the worst programs in FBS.

This is incorrect, they are very competitive non P5 team and have been since they started. I believe they have been to a bowl game the past couple seasons and will be bowling again this year.

This is incorrect, they are very competitive non P5 team and have been since they started. I believe they have been to a bowl game the past couple seasons and will be bowling again this year.
I don't know about other years but I do know in 2018 they only won three games. They went 3-9. I just remember everybody on here and everybody on the radio saying they were one of the worst teams last year in college football and that we should mop the floor with them. I do believe they turned out a little better this year however.

just because you don’t pay attention to them doesn’t mean they’re awful. Ga State definitely should’ve been an easy win... but they’re nowhere near one of the worst programs in FBS.
Last year they went 3-9

I don't know about other years but I do know in 2018 they only won three games. They went 3-9. I just remember everybody on here and everybody on the radio saying they were one of the worst teams last year in college football and that we should mop the floor with them. I do believe they turned out a little better this year however.
You're probably right, I know they have been competetive in the past and thought they have been to a couple of bowl games, but I may be wrong on that one.

Reactions: troyntn71
Interesting tidbit these are the teams we lost against

Ga State 7-5
BYU 7-5
Florida 10-2 Current rank 9
Georgia 11-1 CR 4
Alabama 10-2 CR 12
45-15 combined and all going bowling

We have 2 bad losses this year and even those teams are going bowling. It is fairly obvious why we started out slow (all the missing defensive players first 3-4 weeks. As much as people want to opine about how terrible it was we lost to GA State they are a much better team than people think they are. In their 8 years of existence, they have been bowl eligible 3. If you think about that its fairly impressive. They are the type of team that can be sneaky good because they get a lot of overlooked talent being in the Atlanta area much like the smaller schools in Florida, Texas and Cali can.

Interesting tidbit these are the teams we lost against

Ga State 7-5
BYU 7-5
Florida 10-2 Current rank 9
Georgia 11-1 CR 4
Alabama 10-2 CR 12
45-15 combined and all going bowling

We have 2 bad losses this year and even those teams are going bowling. It is fairly obvious why we started out slow (all the missing defensive players first 3-4 weeks. As much as people want to opine about how terrible it was we lost to GA State they are a much better team than people think they are. In their 8 years of existence, they have been bowl eligible 3. If you think about that its fairly impressive. They are the type of team that can be sneaky good because they get a lot of overlooked talent being in the Atlanta area much like the smaller schools in Florida, Texas and Cali can.
You will never ever convince the majority of fans that losing to Georgia state is acceptable. They play in a very weak conference so even if they win 7 games it doesn't say much. Tennessee was nearly a 30 point favorite in that game. The BYU loss was unacceptable because we dominated the entire game and a stupid coaching decision cost us at the end. To be consistent you also have to put the record of all the teams we beat. I guarantee those teams have a losing record. I am pleased that Tennessee has shown progress and has learned to win games that they used to lose. But let's not start beating our chest yet

does not matter if you accept it, it happened, move on. Every team loses games like that at times. It is not how you start its how you finish. Pretty much everyone with much sense predicted 7-5 as a good season before it all started. That's where we ended. If they had GA State chalked up as a win it means we won a game we weren't expected to win. Most had Missou, USCe, and UK as toss ups. It sucks we lost but there were very real reasons that loss happened. This team was insanely young and on top of that, we were missing some of our top defensive players the first 3-4 weeks and were breaking in a completely new DL. People put the blame on that game on JG and the offense which I find insane they scored 30 points. We gave up 38 because we were playing a lot of third and 4th stringers on defense because of injuries/suspensions. Once we got healthy and got our guys back we ended up with a top 30 defense. (29th total defense and scoring defense). This was a young team and I know people love to rail against that fact with the whole tired of hearing that but it's true. We played a huge amount of true freshmen a huge amount of snaps. We had very few Seniors in the 2 deep.

How this team ended is a perfect example of a team improving before your eyes and with the bowl game and 15 extra practices you'll see a huge uptick next year. We will still have issues with the big 3 but we will no longer have trouble with the teams we are supposed to beat. 9-3 is a realistic outcome for next season. Given how our schedule got moved around. We no longer have the 4 game gauntlet from sept-oct we have had for most of my lifetime. we don't play Florida till game 4 get 3 weeks till we face Bama and then another 2 weeks until Georgia. next season will be very very interesting.

does not matter if you accept it, it happened, move on. Every team loses games like that at times. It is not how you start its how you finish. Pretty much everyone with much sense predicted 7-5 as a good season before it all started. That's where we ended. If they had GA State chalked up as a win it means we won a game we weren't expected to win. Most had Missou, USCe, and UK as toss ups. It sucks we lost but there were very real reasons that loss happened. This team was insanely young and on top of that, we were missing some of our top defensive players the first 3-4 weeks and were breaking in a completely new DL. People put the blame on that game on JG and the offense which I find insane they scored 30 points. We gave up 38 because we were playing a lot of third and 4th stringers on defense because of injuries/suspensions. Once we got healthy and got our guys back we ended up with a top 30 defense. (29th total defense and scoring defense). This was a young team and I know people love to rail against that fact with the whole tired of hearing that but it's true. We played a huge amount of true freshmen a huge amount of snaps. We had very few Seniors in the 2 deep.

How this team ended is a perfect example of a team improving before your eyes and with the bowl game and 15 extra practices you'll see a huge uptick next year. We will still have issues with the big 3 but we will no longer have trouble with the teams we are supposed to beat. 9-3 is a realistic outcome for next season. Given how our schedule got moved around. We no longer have the 4 game gauntlet from sept-oct we have had for most of my lifetime. we don't play Florida till game 4 get 3 weeks till we face Bama and then another 2 weeks until Georgia. next season will be very very interesting.
I'm not going to disagree that the team is improving. But just saying they finish strong is not evidence enough. Tennessee historically has always done well in November because the schedule is always weaker. You cannot ignore that part of the reason that Tennessee has looked good is because they have played teams with losing records. But I am happy at least they are winning those games and not losing them like they were in previous years. I'm just cautiously optimistic. I do think these players do read message boards and do read their own press clippings. It seems like every time fans start going crazy and praising these guys they let up. It seems like they respond better to a little bit of criticism because it gives them something to prove. One thing I like about Pruitt is that he's not like a lot of the sunshine Pumpers and think it's okay to rest on your laurels. Just because you win a game doesn't mean that you're great. I do look forward to seeing what happens next year. But if we lose to Georgia and we lose to Florida and we lose to Oklahoma and we lose to Alabama then what are we going to be saying then? Time will tell

I'm not going to disagree that the team is improving. But just saying they finish strong is not evidence enough. Tennessee historically is always done well in November because the schedule is always weaker. You cannot ignore that part of the reason that Tennessee is look good is because they have played teams with losing records. But I am happy at least they are winning those games and not losing in them like they were in previous years. I'm just cautiously optimistic. I do think these players do read message boards and do read their own press clippings. It seems like every time fan start going crazy and praising these guys they let up. It seems like they respond better to a little bit of criticism because it gives them something to prove. One thing I like about Pruitt is that he's not like a lot of the sunshine Pumpers and think it's okay to rest on your laurels. Just because you win a game doesn't mean that you're great. I do look forward to seeing what happens next year. But if we lose to Georgia and we lose to Florida and we lose to Oklahoma and we lose to Alabama then what are we going to be saying then? Time will tell
I am not talking about the record I am talking about watching the game this team improved every game as the season went along. Look at the Ga State game and the BYU games and if someone had told you after week 2 we'd end up ranked 29th in both TOTAL and scoring Defense after that you'd have thought them crazy. I'm not even gonna bother with GA/FL/BAMA anyone that things we stood a chance against them this year was on crack. I get tired of the morons that say those games we have to win we are not at that point yet and it has nothing to do with coaching. We only gave up more than 21 points in games we lost. Our defense played very very well from the Florida game on. Bama was held to under 40 points two times this whole season. 35 vs us and 38 vs Mississippi State. They won both games and in fact, in the 2 games they lost they socred over 40. They averaged 48 points a game btw.

We definitely showed obvious improvement week to week. Especially once we stopped playing musical chairs and let JG do his thing.

VN Store

Back