Worst Coach Ever?

But Butch doesn’t have a better record. You’re counting games that haven’t happened yet.
I had this same thing happen with me the other day with someone, I forget who. I was told Butch had a better record than Pruitt. I had to look to be sure and well.....yes, his 5 years at Tennessee had more wins than Pruitt's 1 game short of 2 years. Congrats, you got me. Smdh.

Reactions: FïreBall
Backtracked? Lol. Not backtracking at all. CBJ still has the better record not only as a HC at UT, but as a HC overall.

And wins against the west? LOL. Only 1 win against the west counts, thats Alabama. Depending on the bowl game Pruitts record is either going to be the exact same as BJs at two years or with 1 win more. Not really worlds apart or mind blowing differences at all..

Well, minus the Ga State game..

You said Butch has a better record at UT than Pruitt..... The comparison is 5 years vs 2 years. That's not equal. Since you haven't said that the comparison isn't equal once, you are clearly saying Butch's first 2 years are better than Pruitt's 2 years...... That's simply not true.

Now you are backtracking.....

Reactions: butchna
You said Butch has a better record at UT than Pruitt..... The comparison is 5 years vs 2 years. That's not equal. Since you haven't said that the comparison isn't equal once, you are clearly saying Butch's first 2 years are better than Pruitt's 2 years...... That's simply not true.

Now you are backtracking.....
I never said it was equal or fair, just like life. I said CBJ has a better record than Pruitt. Thats a fact. I didnt say Butches first 2 years were better than Pruitts..they are almost identical. I dont care how much you want to apply moral victory weights of wins or losses because in the end a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

??? First off Pruitt doesn't do the bulk of the gameplanning the coodinators do. Gameplans have not been the issue in the losses, it has been execution. Chaney has had great gameplans and has changed up on the fly amazingly. There were some personnel adjustment issues but they were rectified with Tee moving to the sideline. Ansley as first time coodinator had some rough spots in the beginning but has really done well.
Who is in charge of the team and how they ultimately perform?

But Butch doesn’t have a better record. You’re counting games that haven’t happened yet.
Thread is about worst coach. Who has the better record as a UT coach? Did I miss the stipulation that we only count years coached? Nope.

Thread is about worst coach. Who has the better record as a UT coach? Did I miss the stipulation that we only count years coached? Nope.
Make your own stipulations and call them FACTS...got it.

79 is exactly right. IBJ has a better record than CJP. He has a winning % as a head coach of 62.5%. CJP is at 50%. He needs to go 9-0 to be better than IBJ. He will most likely need at least 2 more years to officially, per Ktownking rules, statistically be better than IBJ. His record at UT will be equal to IBJ in the first two years if he wins the bowl game. You guys are letting 79 bait you and he is winning. Although I don't know why it's an argument. IBJ turned out to suck ass as a coach. I don't think CJP will.

I never said it was equal or fair, just like life. I said CBJ has a better record than Pruitt. Thats a fact. I didnt say Butches first 2 years were better than Pruitts..they are almost identical. I dont care how much you want to apply moral victory weights of wins or losses because in the end a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

They are almost identical but Butch’s is better? That makes no sense if you are comparing them equally, which was the basis of your argument since you didn’t list the caveat of 2 years vs 5 years.

And no one is giving anyone moral victories.

As I said, glad to see you backtracking and admitting you were and are wrong.

Reactions: butchna
Irony? You of all people should be praising Botch Jones amirite?

Head back to the original post and get back with me after you grasp it.
Why “me of all people”? My screenname? Oh you simple boy. 😏 Can’t pretend to take you seriously now...guess you’re Bruining it.

Why “me of all people”? My screenname? Oh you simple boy. 😏 Can’t pretend to take you seriously now...guess you’re Bruining it.
Yep. You were so bought into Butch that you made it your screen name. Thats why your opinion on good coaching is invalidated.

Yep. You were so bought into Butch that you made it your screen name. Thats why your opinion on good coaching is invalidated.
This more of your FACT bull? You know what my motivations are in selecting my SCREENNAME? If your goofy butt is the one “validating” anything then the whole process is a sham. 😏

I never thought shooting fish in a bowl would be so fun!!!!!

Who is in charge of the team and how they ultimately perform?
You said Pruitt was poor at game planning. I pointed out that very little of the game planning is done by him. What specifically game plan wise has been faulty?

Battle inherited a loaded roster thanks to Doug Dickey. Notice his record got worse every year and when he left the roster was depleted (much like what Butch left for Pruitt). It took Majors a long time to restock and rebuild. Just like Butch, you can’t just look at Battle’s record and a couple good seasons — look at the overall damage they did to the program.
Battle lost to North Texas State (probably worse loss that this year) and a For Sale sign was put in his yard and a moving van parked out front.

Battle goes down as the worst followed by Butch for the long term destruction to our beloved program. Dooley not far behind (but If he had hired a decent DC his last year with Bray as QB, he might have lasted longer)

Understand but even his worst season at 6-5 wasn’t as bad as the recent 4-8, 5-7 seasons we have had recently. He never had a losing season and we’ve had what, 6 in the last decade? I agree it should have taken Johnny 3-4 years to right the ship but not 7-8.

You said Pruitt was poor at game planning. I pointed out that very little of the game planning is done by him. What specifically game plan wise has been faulty?

Uh. Whether he is directly involved in the game plan or not, he is the one accountable for it. As the head ball coach it is his responsibility to intervene and ‘correct’ poor game plans. He is the one who oversees and approves the game strategy. His game plan for GA state, BYU and Florida were very poor and those outcomes are on him.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Some of you all seem to forget the start of the season so easily..

My absolute favorite part about the team’s awesome turn around this season is watching everyone drag out old threads and gloat about how wrong everyone else was... 🙄

Uh. Whether he is directly involved in the game plan or not, he is the one accountable for it. As the head ball coach it is his responsibility to intervene and ‘correct’ poor game plans. He is the one who oversees and approves the game strategy. His game plan for GA state, BYU and Florida were very poor and those outcomes are on him.
I will grant you GSU was treated like a glorified scrimage which most coaches would have done, including great ones like Saban. It came back to bite them. but other than that what specifically game plan wise has been faulty this season?

VN Store

Back