'20 NV ILB Vai Kaho (San Diego State commit)

No need to throw shots at me. I said I trust the coaches. Am I not allowed to have questions about the kid with this offer list? It's not an insult, it's mere inquiry.
Mel Tucker also wants this kid. Pruitt, best D coach in the country; Tucker is near the top, as well. Tells me ALL I need to know about this kid.

The things that people keep pointing at with this kid aren't actual real things...

He's NOT slow
His offer list does NOT matter
How many times his parents paid scouting agencies for stars does NOT matter

Pruitt found him... film is film... watch it before you complain... his highlight reel is on par with To'oto'o from last year... not saying that cause they're both "poly"... saying that because he's the highest rated LB we signed last year and his highlight tape looks just as good...

1) He heat-seeks to the football with WAY above average closing speed for an SEC linebacker...
2) He CLAMPS on his targets... the initial hit has some pop, but his wrap-up may be the best I've seen on a linebacker in a few years
3) Quick and decisive... reads plays well and blows them up

I haven't seen the lowlights to see how his hands are, but who cares? He's a linebacker... he's got a 4*'s highlight film and a frame that can handle weight

Really wish this passive aggressive "Well I guess I'll trust the coaches" BS would stop

Offer lists matter.

The coach who turns UT around will find players that are rated low but turn into stars. That coach will have the ability to see and develop guys who aren't obvious to everyone else.

I don't know if Kaho is one of those recruits.... but Pruitt will have to take some chances on guys like him. The 5* players aren't going to come in large numbers until the wins do.

Reactions: UT_King
You guys notice how Pruitt & staff are seemingly all over these recruits just prior to their senior tape releasing?

Can't remember if it was 247 or Rivals that discussed this in a podcast recently, but they talked about this staff taking raw, uncut highlight tapes of these players (guys like Kaho, Miller, Butler, etc) and sifting through all of it to get ahead on these guys before the doctored up senior highlight reels are released. Seemed like a really cool detail and gave me a lot more confidence in some of these random offers they send out. They go all in on these evals.

You guys notice how Pruitt & staff are seemingly all over these recruits just prior to their senior tape releasing?

Can't remember if it was 247 or Rivals that discussed this in a podcast recently, but they talked about this staff taking raw, uncut highlight tapes of these players (guys like Kaho, Miller, Butler, etc) and sifting through all of it to get ahead on these guys before the doctored up senior highlight reels are released. Seemed like a really cool detail and gave me a lot more confidence in some of these random offers they send out. They go all in on these evals.
They also get all angles from other cameras that we don't see in the highlight film.

i did pick up on that....they've got a bunch of guys in analyst rolls that are constatnly looking at game tape....looking for these types of guys.

The coaches at all major programs have access to a million times more game film than 247 or rivals. They can see every play from almost every game with all 22 angles and tape tailored to specific players. They can see guys who's highlights may not jump out but they have positive impact on every game. Tennessee spends hundreds of millions of dollars for access to these things. There was an article last year in the Athletic I think that detailed the services Tennessee pays for. It was an impressive amount of info they have access to. 247 and rivals probably don't see much more than we have access to.

No need to throw shots at me. I said I trust the coaches. Am I not allowed to have questions about the kid with this offer list? It's not an insult, it's mere inquiry.
Pruitt visited him in person.. Pruitt has his measuables, from my understanding, Pruitt likes to see these kids in person for evaluation.. Maybe that is why. Speculation on my part and JMO

VN Store

Back