Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you nerds in here know for sure if scholarships granted to walk-ons are for only a year or for the duration of their time at Tennessee? I don't know that I've ever thought about it before now, but I assumed they stayed on scholarship as long as they were on the roster.

I was trying to break down our current numbers, as bad of an idea as that may seem. lol.

Let's look at scholarship numbers
I actually believe ALL scholarships are awarded yearly. That is why some upperclassman are highly encouraged to transfer.

I've been thinking that there has got to be something up with Norvell. I wasn't sure what it was but now there is scuttle bug that he has serious gambling issues and is into someone pretty deep. It really wouldn't shock me if he stays in Memphis. JMO
The ole Dana Kirk scenario. He supposedly was in pretty deep with some guys gambling at Colonial Country Club. I believe he was caught in FBI wiretaps. That's how they found out about him taking money, from a booster, that was earmarked for a basketball player from West Memphis. It was said the booster gave him cash (over $10K) for the kids family and he kept the money to help pay his gambling debts. That was a long time ago but it was entertaining :)

Great quote from Tatum in the athletic. He hates the media and sees their anti TN bias also

You mentioned the face mask situation. Was there anything else in the media that bugged you or you felt was said or written about Jeremy Pruitt or the program?

That was really the main one. There’s always those people who want to kick Tennessee when we’re down and it just happens. Then I see our beat writers, because I work in media, I see you guys saying it’s OK and defending, but other people are around and want to get some love on their website and kick us when we’re down. I felt like they were trying to find something and they just weren’t seeing our success and what was happening on the field. They were trying to find something to tear us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back