Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

PulaskiVolFan

this upcoming Spring. We will have a veteran 3rd year starter, who while inconsistent, has proven to be a serviceable SEC starter ranking in the upper tier of all returning SEC QBs, we will have Blue Chip Fr Harrison Bailey, our highest acclaimed QB recruit since Peyton, Brian Maurer who has flashed well at times and seems to have the capabilities to be an SEC starter at QB, Big JT who is as physically gifted as anyone at the position with his prototypical size and cannon type arm strength and walkon Hill who has more experience than all other backups combined.

Guarantano, Bailey, Maurer, Hill, Shrout in my opinion will be the best QB group in the SEC come SPRING practice!

Pruitt will have his hands full keeping that group together past spring practice, but if he does then the next 3-4 seasons should be fun.

On another note, we could also have the best OL group, LB group and secondary in the SEC in '20 as well. Pruitt has really turned the roster over going into his 3rd year.

this upcoming Spring. We will have a veteran 3rd year starter, who while inconsistent, has proven to be a serviceable SEC starter ranking in the upper tier of all returning SEC QBs, we will have Blue Chip Fr Harrison Bailey, our highest acclaimed QB recruit since Peyton, Brian Maurer who has flashed well at times and seems to have the capabilities to be an SEC starter at QB, Big JT who is as physically gifted as anyone at the position with his prototypical size and cannon type arm strength and walkon Hill who has more experience than all other backups combined.

Guarantano, Bailey, Maurer, Hill, Shrout in my opinion will be the best QB group in the SEC come SPRING practice!

Pruitt will have his hands full keeping that group together past spring practice, but if he does then the next 3-4 seasons should be fun.

On another note, we could also have the best OL group, LB group and secondary in the SEC in '20 as well. Pruitt has really turned the roster over going into his 3rd year.
2 will be gone..........JMO.

I think..........If JG comes back and HB signs...........BM and JS are gone.

That would be worst possible scenario for the Vols imo. JG needs to be thanked for his efforts this year and then told to move on. We then need a legit qb battle between Maurer, Shrout and HB, all 3 of which have much higher ceilings than the incredibly inconsistent, mercurial Guarantano.

Bailey is not the most acclaimed QB recruit since Peyton. Clausen was ranked the #2 overall QB in America. Crompton was #2 or #3, as well. Heck, Guarantano was ranked the #2 dual threat in America.

Once again, not by spring practice. Any QB transfers will not happen until everyone sees where HB fits into the depth chart. If he's not as good as advertised then nobody will transfer, if he's clearly the #2 and pushing JG for starter then I think BM will transfer. If HB was to be declared the starter in the spring then both JG and BM might transfer. JT will stay regardless I feel, at least until he graduates. I've no idea why Hill is here, he's a walkon so really would not be a loss if he were to transfer out after the spring. Maurer has the most to lose if HB is as good as advertised and will be the most likely transfer candidate should it be so.

That would be worst possible scenario for the Vols imo. JG needs to be thanked for his efforts this year and then told to move on. We then need a legit qb battle between Maurer, Shrout and HB, all 3 of which have much higher ceilings than the incredibly inconsistent, mercurial Guarantano.
Nice to see that you are, if nothing else, consistent.

Bailey is not the most acclaimed QB recruit since Peyton. Clausen was ranked the #2 overall QB in America. Crompton was #2 or #3, as well. Heck, Guarantano was ranked the #2 dual threat in America.
HB will be a 5 star top 30 ranked player when it's all said and done, all while playing in one of the toughest HS districts and state classifications in the country, he's our highest profile QB recruit probably ever really.

Once again, not by spring practice. Any QB transfers will not happen until everyone sees where HB fits into the depth chart. If he's not as good as advertised then nobody will transfer, if he's clearly the #2 and pushing JG for starter then I think BM will transfer. If HB was to be declared the starter in the spring then both JG and BM might transfer. JT will stay regardless I feel, at least until he graduates. I've no idea why Hill is here, he's a walkon so really would not be a loss if he were to transfer out after the spring. Maurer has the most to lose if HB is as good as advertised and will be the most likely transfer candidate should it be so.
I'd get in the portal asap (after NSD). That's just me.

Reactions: Steven5198
Why would JT transfer out? Playing time doesn't mean everything for every player. For some players actually getting their degree matters more. JS would have to sit unless he dropped divisions, he's much better off staying, getting his degree, and if he still wants to play he would likely have an opportunity to transfer and get to play 2 more years. JS will be here until he gets his degree I feel. His girlfriend is also a big reason he stays, women are 37-0 and undefeated.

I just don't think J G will transfer,because he has already gone through 4 OC's in his time here, why would he want to go somewhere he would have to learn an entirely new system?.That is very tough on a young man.MO is he will either go in the draft or stay for another year under Chaney whom he is beginning to thrive under.He said he was a Tennessee Vol,which I took he was coming back.Bailey coming in needs time and tutoring which JG can provide.

I just don't think J G will transfer,because he has already gone through 4 OC's in his time here, why would he want to go somewhere he would have to learn an entirely new system?.That is very tough on a young man.MO is he will either go in the draft or stay for another year under Chaney whom he is beginning to thrive under.He said he was a Tennessee Vol,which I took he was coming back.Bailey coming in needs time and tutoring which JG can provide.
JG isn't going anywhere, he'd already have his name in the portal if he was.

This may be considered homerism, but I’ll take what’s in Gainesville over that group
No doubt that Florida will have a good group, I think Bailey is what puts Tn ahead in the spring, I think Mullen and his offensive mind certainly helps Florida.

Reactions: Tallman

VN Store

Back