Bowl Predictions vs. Reality

I think probably Gator against either Minnesota or Indiana. I can’t see it being a team ranked any higher than one of those. Some are still saying Liberty against either Iowa State or Texas. For the players, I would like to see them in the Gator but for myself, I would like to see them in the Liberty. Any bowl is fine though.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
CBS - Music City Bowl vs Louisville
ESPN - Outback Bowl vs Minnesota
ESPN - Outback Bowl vs Minnesota (again)
Stadium - Outback Bowl vs Minnesota
247 - Gator Bowl vs Indiana
Athlon - Gator Bowl vs Michigan
CFN - Liberty Bowl vs Iowa St
Banner Society - Belk Bowl vs Pitt
BleacherReport - Music City Bowl vs Virginia Tech

I would love to go to the Outback, but I think they will put that babbling motor mouth Jimbo Fisher in the Outback. I think we go to the Gator Bowl.

It’s not hard to argue who would be a better team for that bowl. A hot UT team that’s won 5 in a row (6/7) or an A&M team that played like Vandy and has been struggling.

It is either going to be Outback or Gator. The Florida bowls are looking for attendance and UT is their answer. aTm will not be in Outback since they were there last year.

It is either going to be Outback or Gator. The Florida bowls are looking for attendance and UT is their answer. aTm will not be in Outback since they were there last year.

I believe they were in the Gator Bowl last year. Either way, they're destined for the Texas Bowl. They were brought in for that Houston market, time to cash in.

I think LSU rolls GA in SECC. That pushes GA out of the playoff and into a New Year's day bowl, pushing us back a slot. I think we end up at the Music city bowl. Being basically a home game (because we own Nashville once again) we fill up Nissan stadium and the beer sales are at an all time high.
That's conveinent to many UT fans but somewhat a bummer to coaches and players. They played hard to end this season and deserve a FL. bowl bid. Charlotte's not an indoor stadium and weather could factor in there. The gator bowl sounds fitting and outback is even better.

I think LSU rolls GA in SECC. That pushes GA out of the playoff and into a New Year's day bowl, pushing us back a slot. I think we end up at the Music city bowl. Being basically a home game (because we own Nashville once again) we fill up Nissan stadium and the beer sales are at an all time high.
Players and many fans are eyeing a warm weather bowl.

I forgot where I saw it a few weeks ago but a Gator bowl executive was quoted as saying we want Tennessee if they can get seven wins.

I like you am watching the predictions by each of the football news outlets. I am not a season ticket holder so this post is two fold. 1.) Make your prediction for bowl vs. who? and 2.) When those of you that are season ticket holders get your email of where we are going, please post.

My prediction or preferred game would be Music City Bowl vs. Memphis..... to shut them up :)

Have a great one! GBO

Outback - Tennessee vs Michigan

LSU: Playoff

Georgia: Sugar Bowl

Florida: Orange Bowl

Alabama: Cotton Bowl

Auburn: Citrus Bowl

Tennessee: Outback Bowl

Texas A&M: Texas Bowl

Kentucky: Music City Bowl

Mississippi State: Belk Bowl

Just a little insight into my list, the Texas Bowl (while the image of the bowl isn't great) pays out more than all but the Outback and Citrus as far as SEC tie-ins are concerned. I think Tennessee goes to the Outback and stays on the East Coast and the Texas Bowl gets what they want and gets a team from Texas. In fact, how does a Texas-Texas A&M bowl game sound?

Then, with Kentucky and Mississippi State, it's a matter of where they want to go because the SEC doesn't have enough teams to fill bowl slots.

I find it comical that someone has Tennessee in the Liberty. I don't think the Liberty Bowl will even see an SEC team.

I would love to go to the Outback, but I think they will put that babbling motor mouth Jimbo Fisher in the Outback. I think we go to the Gator Bowl.

I would think the Texas Bowl would try very hard to pair A&M with Texas, but I don't have any insight into how the selection process works.

Since our last bowl was the Music City, I would not think they would put us there again so soon, but again I have no insight into how the selection process works.

I'll take either UNC or VT in the MCB (for traveling purposes) and because we owe both (yes we won in Bristol, but that 09 bowl game still angers me).

I don't think the SEC Championship affects our bowl at all. An LSU win would probably mean:
CFP - LSU
Sugar - Georgia
Orange - fLorida
Cotton - aLabama

A Georgia win would probably mean:
CFP - Georgia
CFP - LSU
Sugar - fLorida
Orange - aLabama

Both would leave Auburn in the Citrus and we would be available for the Outback.

What would affect us is an upset in the ACC or Big Fourteen.

UVA win:
Orange - Virginia
Cotton - Clemson
Citrus - aLabama
Outback - Auburn?
Tennessee - ???

Wisconsin win:
Rose - Wisconsin
Orange - Ohio State (maybe still CFP?)
Cotton - fLorida
Citrus - aLabama
Outback - Auburn?
Tennessee - ???

Highly doubtful they'll give the SEC 4 teams in the Playoffs and NY6 bowls.

I like you am watching the predictions by each of the football news outlets. I am not a season ticket holder so this post is two fold. 1.) Make your prediction for bowl vs. who? and 2.) When those of you that are season ticket holders get your email of where we are going, please post.

My prediction or preferred game would be Music City Bowl vs. Memphis..... to shut them up :)

Have a great one! GBO
The last thing I'd want to see is an inner-state game for a bowl game, and I'm sure the players wouldn't want it either. My hopes was the gator bowl against Michigan, but I'm starting to think more were going to end up with Minnesota.

Reactions: VolsnRavens

VN Store

Back