Bowl Predictions vs. Reality

Music City is a better bowl than the Gator
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure the rankings apply like that after the citrus. At that point it comes down to a decision by everyone involved mostly about money. So my hope is that they would look at it and think Kentucky in Nashville and Tennessee in Jacksonville would make more money than the reverse. Could just be my way of hoping we get the gator

Reactions: tbwhhs
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure the rankings apply like that after the citrus. At that point it comes down to a decision by everyone involved mostly about money. So my hope is that they would look at it and think Kentucky in Nashville and Tennessee in Jacksonville would make more money than the reverse. Could just be my way of hoping we get the gator

Kentucky will not be in the Music City. Louisville is all but guaranteed there so they don’t want to force a rematch. The Music City is the “better” bowl but I still think Tennessee prefers the Gator.

Reactions: volforlife15
I think probably Gator against either Minnesota or Indiana. I can’t see it being a team ranked any higher than one of those. Some are still saying Liberty against either Iowa State or Texas. For the players, I would like to see them in the Gator but for myself, I would like to see them in the Liberty. Any bowl is fine though.
If SEC puts two teams in the CFP, then we get the Gator. If UGA gets pounded by LSU, we move down a tier. I think LSU will handle UGA and knock them out of the playoff. If so, the bowl pecking order will be 1. UGA (Sugar) 2. AU (Citrus) 3. Bama (Outback) 4. UF (Gator) 5. A&M (Texas) and then 6. UT (Liberty or Music City).

If SEC puts two teams in the CFP, then we get the Gator. If UGA gets pounded by LSU, we move down a tier. I think LSU will handle UGA and knock them out of the playoff. If so, the bowl pecking order will be 1. UGA (Sugar) 2. AU (Citrus) 3. Bama (Outback) 4. UF (Gator) 5. A&M (Texas) and then 6. UT (Liberty or Music City).
What about the Cotton bowl? I saw a projection of either Alabama or Florida against Memphis in that one.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Revised based on new Playoff Rankings:

LSU: Playoff

Georgia: Sugar Bowl

Florida: Orange Bowl

Alabama: Citrus Bowl

Auburn: Outback Bowl

Tennessee: Music City Bowl

Texas A&M: Texas Bowl

Kentucky: Belk Bowl

Mississippi State: Gator Bowl

I think UT against a top 10 Wisconsin team is a bad matchup. Say what you want, but this team squeaked by the bottom of the SEC, with the exception of south crackalackee.

The problem is there is nowhere else for them to go. Based on the new rankings them and auburn would have to get a NY6 bid which is not possible. They are behind auburn so if auburn goes to the citrus they will go to the outback

Unlike all the bowls below it, who the Citrus Bowl picks out of the SEC is entirely up to them. The CFP rankings do not matter in this case. And I can't imagine they'd forego a chance to match Alabama against Michigan. Plus, Alabama has a better record than Auburn, so Auburn would have a tough time convincing me they're getting screwed.

VN Store

Back