Outback bowl vs. Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d prefer to enter the bowl as an underdog. This is would be one of our better opportunities to do so

Well at least were winning the vote right now.. I guess I wouldn't mind playing Penn ST. Two huge fan bases. I could see that as an attractive match up for the Outback bowl. Plus UT needs another shot at James Franklin

You’re right Howie. Wanting to win = loser mentality

Wanting to take the easiest road just to win does not improve you... It teaches you to beat mediocrity...

You can learn more and grow in a hard fought loss than you can in a cupcake scrimmage game win over a soft opponent...

I want this team to continue to have their resolve solidified and their learning to win as team grow against a quality bowl opponent...

Wanting to beat a nobody is loser mentality...

These guys are somewhat in the know. Outback must be pushing for this game.
based on the B10 rules of teams only being allowed to play in a certain bowl every so often, Minnesota to the outback bowl makes perfect sense. Unless the B10 somehow gets 2 teams in the NY6. And as long as the sec gets three teams in the NY6, which they should, then the outback bowl bid would be between UT and A&M. Both teams finished 7-5 and seeing that A&M was in the outback bowl last year, Tennessee has a good shot of being selected.

Well at least were winning the vote right now.. I guess I wouldn't mind playing Penn ST. Two huge fan bases. I could see that as an attractive match up for the Outback bowl. Plus UT needs another shot at James Franklin

I’m not ever afraid to play anyone, but I’m just saying there is something that always seems to go wrong when we play Penn State. Maybe we need to the opportunity to exorcise those demons.. I just don’t know what it is about Penn State.

I’m not ever afraid to play anyone, but I’m just saying there is something that always seems to go wrong when we play Penn State. Maybe we need to the opportunity to exorcise those demons.. I just don’t know what it is about Penn State.

I think we agree...I'd rather win against a weak team than to lose against a good team. Now ultimately, id like to beat a good team. Lol

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Two beat down losses and a 50/50 game?

It would be nice as a historic sounding game, but Tennessee is a step or two away from either of those big 10ish teams.

No they aren't... Tennessee and Michigan would be a VERY close game...

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Wanting to take the easiest road just to win does not improve you... It teaches you to beat mediocrity...

You can learn more and grow in a hard fought loss than you can in a cupcake scrimmage game win over a soft opponent...

I want this team to continue to have their resolve solidified and their learning to win as team grow against a quality bowl opponent...

Wanting to beat a nobody is loser mentality...
I said I would prefer to play an unmotivated team. I didn’t say I wanted to play a nobody.

Reactions: tbh
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back