Outback bowl vs. Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting to take the easiest road just to win does not improve you... It teaches you to beat mediocrity...

You can learn more and grow in a hard fought loss than you can in a cupcake scrimmage game win over a soft opponent...

I want this team to continue to have their resolve solidified and their learning to win as team grow against a quality bowl opponent...

Wanting to beat a nobody is loser mentality...

You think wanting to lose our bowl game by getting matched with a better team is a winner mentality? Our players have already played in hard fought games, and any team it draws for a bowl game will very likely require a hard fight to win. Our players have pulled themselves off the bottom and deserve to be rewarded with a good match in their bowl game. What team are you calling a cupcake?

It might be PJ Fleck's last game at Minnesota if he gets hired by Arkansas,Missouri or FSU
He signed a new contract that has a massive buyout if he were to leave this offseason. It drops significantly next year, so that’s when you might start to hear his name being mentioned for some jobs. That is if Minnesota doesn’t fall off the face of the earth next season.

Id rather not play a motivated team in a bowl game. I want one that doesn’t really want to be there
Would Minnesota be motivated to play in a middling bowl game after thinking they might have a shot for the playoffs just a couple weeks ago? I don’t know.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'd still prefer a Tax Slayer Gator Bowl here in Jax as our location, but Tampa is also a good place. The last time we were there was a fun game.

Two beat down losses and a 50/50 game?

It would be nice as a historic sounding game, but Tennessee is a step or two away from either of those big 10ish teams.
Minnesota could beat us too. At least the opponent would be prestigious.

I would welcome that matchup and hopefully Minnesota would feel like this was a letdown matchup after dropping their last game 😁

The gophers are no pushover. Big offensive line, 2 good RB's, and 2 good WR's! They can and do hit big plays when their QB has time. The back end of their defense is very good bit think we could run on them as the front 7 is abit less than we've seen this year. All in all it would be a tough match up but i think we win just because PJ likes to try and give away games with some of his game decisions....i've watched them all year and still scatch my head over what he does sometimes! If we do play them.....we better blow em out otherwise I'd never hear the end of it from my GF and all her family! 😊

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back