Only 8 FBS teams in the country...

Ty4Vols

Assistant Superintendent, Dorchester
...are on a longer win streak in 2019 than the Vols which currently have 5 wins in a row!

Go Vols

#18 Memphis (6)
#3 Clemson (12)
#1 Ohio St. (12)
NR Air Force (7)
#6 Utah (8)
#4 UGA (6)
#2 LSU (12)
NR Louisiana (6)

*4 other teams currently at 5 in a row

giphy.gif

So what you're saying is that Tiger High has a longer winning streak than the Vols?

:p JK

Reactions: MAD
Yeah, I think if we could get even a decent offense we’d be able to compete with anyone though. Maybe next year we’ll have a qb step up and the receivers ball out

If the Offensive Coaches can figure out HOW to run block; this team could compete with ALMOST anyone. How many times have the RBS been tackled behind the LOS? Bunches.

Neither has Clemson and they get rewarded for it every year.
When you beat the ever loving hell out of Alabama in the title game, after playing em toe to toe in a couple of other title games previously after making the playoffs a handful of times, you kinda get the benefit of the doubt and rightfully so.

They’d beat Tennessee by 3 touchdowns if we played them today. Hate to say it, but it’s true.

Is that a they could or a they would?

They could, but to say they would is not a “true” statement.

I believe you believe that, but it doesn’t make it the truth.

We are talking about Memphis?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Is that a they could or a they would?

They could, but to say they would is not a “true” statement.

I believe you believe that, but it doesn’t make it the truth.

We are talking about Memphis?

At this point, I believe they would. They have been ranked in the top 25 for the past several years. They play top 25 teams and win the games that they are supposed to win. They are consistent with several 10 win seasons. I'd love to see the Vols get to that level of consistency. I know it's coming.

Reactions: I40flyer
At this point, I believe they would. They have been ranked in the top 25 for the past several years. They play top 25 teams and win the games that they are supposed to win. They are consistent with several 10 win seasons. I'd love to see the Vols get to that level of consistency. I know it's coming.

Let's don't make more of Memphis than they are.

Yes, they know how to win games. Yes, they are currently on a hot streak.

But in context: here are their toughest games this season: Ole Miss...Navy...SMU...Cincinnati...Temple (they lost that one).

If the post-September Vols had played that slate, we'd easily have won all those games.

Memphis is not being challenged with games like Georgia, Florida and Alabama. They're not even being challenged with games like Mississippi State, Kentucky and Mizzou. As others have pointed out, they're playing mostly mid-majors and (mostly) beating them.

BTW, they aren't that consistent. Last year they lost to all these teams: Navy...Tulane...UCF...Mizzou...UCF (again)...and Wake Forest. The year before, they lost to UCF (twice) and Iowa State.

Memphis are a good team. They're not an SEC-caliber team. And lately, we've been beating several SEC-caliber teams, even if not the top end (yet).

We'd whup the Tigers. I'd love to see them as a bowl opponent, just to prove that.

Go Vols!

Please. We would have 11 wins a year against their creampuff schedule. They play no one. Their conference rivals are Tulane and Temple for Christs sake

Please. We would have 11 wins a year against their creampuff schedule. They play no one. Their conference rivals are Tulane and Temple for Christs sake

You seem to have forgotten Navy, Cincinnati, and SMU. They have ALL been ranked in the Top 25 this year. Get your facts together before you reply next time.

VN Store

Back