Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened 2 years ago when Memphis played except it then it was against UCF. Played em last game of the season then had to go back to UCF the following week for a championship game. It’s really stupid if you ask me, it’s almost like the conference intentionally tries to do that.
That didn't happen. UCF played Memphis in September in 2017 and October 2018. They always play USF the last game for rivalry week. I don't get why people are complaining about this though. I think it's pretty cool. And it could also happen in the sec, acc and big 12 due to natural rivalries being cross divisions.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
That didn't happen. UCF played Memphis in September in 2017 and October 2018. They always play USF the last game for rivalry week. I don't get why people are complaining about this though. I think it's pretty cool. And it could also happen in the sec, acc and big 12 due to natural rivalries being cross divisions.

I stand corrected, good catch. I don’t know why I thought they played UCF back to back that one year when they played em in the champs game. I must of got thrown off cause their regular season game got postponed originally due to a hurricane or something if I remember correctly. I just don’t like it when those teams end up playing each other the filling week in a champs game. Just feels redundant is all, but in some instances it could be awesome if the teams played 2 really close games.

"Well, the crowns of the helmets are off center, so i think it is a good no call by the officials here."

- Matt Austin (prolly)

Heaven forbid somebody keep their head up when they make a tackle. I didn’t even play defense but you best believe since High school days, that’s all I would hear from the d coordinators across the field. “Keep your damn head up when you tackle before you break your neck son”

Reactions: JacketVol
I stand corrected, good catch. I don’t know why I thought they played UCF back to back that one year when they played em in the champs game. I must of got thrown off cause their regular season game got postponed originally due to a hurricane or something if I remember correctly. I just don’t like it when those teams end up playing each other the filling week in a champs game. Just feels redundant is all, but in some instances it could be awesome if the teams played 2 really close games.
I think it's exciting. You don't get to see teams play each other back to back in football often. And the only way it happens is if both teams are good so probably will see 2 good hard fought games. Yesterday was a good game and determined who will host the championship game next week. I can't wait to see the immediate rematch. I hope Memphis beats them again and gets to the ny6 game.

Wazzou went 11-2 last year, When’s the last time Vandy did that. Therefore it’s not even close to the same as Vandy beating us
Vandy went 9-4 two years in a row in the SEC I would say that’s just as good if not better. Wazzou got lucky with a NFL caliber grad transfer QB. Oh well who cares. It’s Vandy week.

Reactions: Brillovol
Vandy went 9-4 two years in a row in the SEC I would say that’s just as good if not better. Wazzou got lucky with a NFL caliber grad transfer QB. Oh well who cares. It’s Vandy week.

I know they did, but wazzou had good runs before that grad transfer (early 2000 etc), and they’ve won ten games without leach so it’s not just him. Without James franklin, The Vandy argument would be dog poop.

Random post but when we began our winning streak I wasn't able to watch it live. Being a superstitious guy I haven't watched our games since live either. I did peek in the Mizzou game and Jordan fumbled next play, so switched channels immediately.
My question is can I watch Candy game live or not??

I think it's exciting. You don't get to see teams play each other back to back in football often. And the only way it happens is if both teams are good so probably will see 2 good hard fought games. Yesterday was a good game and determined who will host the championship game next week. I can't wait to see the immediate rematch. I hope Memphis beats them again and gets to the ny6 game.

It’s funny how the cities of Memphis and cincy are similar in alt of ways. I lived up there for several years but am now back working in Memphis. It’s great for the city and the fans are really embracing the football teAm. It’s a good time for Memphis tiger fans right now. And I agree, I hope they get the win next weekend and get to a big time bowl. Mike Norvell is the real deal. With his ties to Arkansas, wouldn’t surprise me if he went there after the season.

It’s funny how the cities of Memphis and cincy are similar in alt of ways. I lived up there for several years but am now back working in Memphis. It’s great for the city and the fans are really embracing the football teAm. It’s a good time for Memphis tiger fans right now. And I agree, I hope they get the win next weekend and get to a big time bowl. Mike Norvell is the real deal. With his ties to Arkansas, wouldn’t surprise me if he went there after the season.
I hope norvell stays at Memphis. If that conference can start retaining its best coaches instead of letting them leave it can become a power conference. It's just hard to do when they know the committee will never let them in the playoffs. At least they're starting to pay their coaches closer to power conference money.

Reactions: barrylee
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back