2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Board Friends: With this e-mail I respectfully resign as the scribe of Class Recruiting 2020. I would like to thank my family, my few friends, my editor and my publisher. While I feel somewhat guilty that my board efforts did not bring forth a top-five class as in other years I am pleased with the overall results. And kudos to the excellent reporters and gurus who were quick to provide updates of possibilities. Their commitment to the LVs was demonstrated by the time the spent watching athletes and doing research. Please direct your enthusiasm to Hammer as he excels in 2021 Recruiting Thread.
Sincerely a long time fan who still has two AZTEC /Lady Vol mugs.

Biggest surprises for me are Rutgers and North Carolina. I think both teams are going to be very tough over the next few seasons. I envision North Carolina being an elite eight team at least within the next three seasons. Great new coach and no recruiting lag. They made a great hire.

The North Carolina haul pretty much blows away all the excuses being made on Kellie's behalf for this disappointing class...
NC is one of the elite public Universities. Players don't get rich playing pro ball, seldom, and that is a hard grind overseas, crappy towns, crappy hotels, away from family 3 to 5 months. Students who graduate UNC get rich a lot! Can pretty much be assured Grad School acceptance somewhere. So, to say Kellie and UNC's Coach, or Duke's, or Texas' are in same sutuation is just plain wrong on academic, and future earning potental...not even close.

Would you take Erica Haynes-Overton as a grad transfer? She's in the portal.

Coach Harper is friends with the ETSU coach so she probably won't take her anyway.

If EH-O is transferring anyway, I would imagine Coach Ezell would be tickled pink for her star player to go to Tennessee. It would make the training she received at ETSU look really, really good IMO.

If EH-O is transferring anyway, I would imagine Coach Ezell would be tickled pink for her star player to go to Tennessee. It would make the training she received at ETSU look really, really good IMO.

Also Coach Ezell has stated she loved TN and Pat Summitt so I don’t think she would object to hard at her playing against her player for one year.

Tennessee needs to offer her right away she is a five star that didn't get that rating and immediate impact player. Hopefully Coach Kellie want be like Holly and let Dawn and Miss St beat them to all these players.

We gonna need a huge roster change going into next season. Coach Kellie needs players like Overton and she needs them ready to go next season.
Yes, major roster changes are needed, but hate to disappoint, that's not going to happen in one year. We may be able to pick up a transfer or two, but this isn't the pros where you can do a complete overhaul. It's going to have to be a gradual process. And hopefully Kellie can complement the athelicism and size with some shooters and scorers, something we haven't had in a really long time.
P.S. Oh yeah, and we better hope Rennia stays for her Senior year!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Yes, major roster changes are needed, but hate to disappoint, that's not going to happen in one year. We may be able to pick up a transfer or two, but this isn't the pros where you can do a complete overhaul. It's going to have to be a gradual process. And hopefully Kellie can complement the athelicism and size with some shooters and scorers, something we haven't had in a really long time.
P.S. Oh yeah, and we better hope Rennia stays for her Senior year!
If we could get one or two efficient scorers would make a huge difference 42 percent shooting wins the game last night. I know were a long way from another final four a complete overhaul will have to take place that is three four years.

NC is one of the elite public Universities. Players don't get rich playing pro ball, seldom, and that is a hard grind overseas, crappy towns, crappy hotels, away from family 3 to 5 months. Students who graduate UNC get rich a lot! Can pretty much be assured Grad School acceptance somewhere. So, to say Kellie and UNC's Coach, or Duke's, or Texas' are in same sutuation is just plain wrong on academic, and future earning potental...not even close.
If that was the case, How did Pat and more or less Holly was able to bring better recruits over a period of time than those schools that you mentioned?

If we could get one or two efficient scorers would make a huge difference 42 percent shooting wins the game last night. I know were a long way from another final four a complete overhaul will have to take place that is three four years.

There's one in the transfer portal right now, and she plays elite defense. I think we're on the same page with EHO.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back