'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Unless Baron is going to Auburn, he kind of gave away where he is going. Big O hasn't been mentioned with OSU or Kentucky has he? If not, must be talking about UT.

I think this boils down to the kid wanting to get developed for the NFL. Matt Luke is on shaky ground at Ole Miss, so even though OT's family/friends are close to Oxford he knows his best business decision is to come to Knoxville and be developed by Pruitt an company.

Prediction: Vols

It has occurred to me that 42 people have perhaps interpreted my calm monkey gif as a sign of insider knowledge confirming everything is solid instead of sharing my newly adopted "whatever happens, happens" motto.

To clarify: I have no idea what will happen, but I know we will be fine regardless.

It has occurred to me that 42 people have perhaps interpreted my calm monkey gif as a sign of insider knowledge confirming everything is solid instead of sharing my newly adopted "whatever happens, happens" motto.

To clarify: I have no idea what will happen, but I know we will be fine regardless.
giphy.gif

😉

Callahan said this morning that he doesn’t think anyone is in better shape than Tennessee right now. He said we will see if anything changes before the 9th.

I know he didn’t really put himself out there, but that is about as positive as Callahan will be before a kid commits.

1574697707196.gif

Callahan said this morning that he doesn’t think anyone is in better shape than Tennessee right now. He said we will see if anything changes before the 9th.

I know he didn’t really put himself out there, but that is about as positive as Callahan will be before a kid commits.
This is why I like Callahan. Guessing at a pick doesn’t provide any useful information.

"The four-star Class of 2020 defensive lineman from Briarcrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn., is set to reveal his choice Dec. 9 in a ceremony at his school during which he will receive his jersey for the 2020 All-American Bowl in San Antonio, and all signs point to Tennessee being one of the teams to beat, if not the front-runner, going into the final days before his announcement.
I made a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction Monday for the Vols to land the 6-foot-5, 299-pound Thomas, who's ranked the No. 100 overall prospect and No. 9 defensive tackle in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
Thomas told GoVols247 that he plans to choose between Tennessee, Auburn and Texas A&M. He went to Texas A&M and Tennessee last month on his first two official visits, and he's scheduled to take an official visit to Auburn this weekend to attend the Tigers' showdown with in-state rival Alabama.
He said the trip to Auburn is the only visit he currently has scheduled leading up to his scheduled announcement.
His group of finalists is noteworthy because it doesn't include Ole Miss, where his teammate and close friend, three-star all-purpose back Jabari Small, has been committed since late July. The Rebels have been widely viewed for months as one of the teams to beat and perhaps Tennessee's main competition for Thomas.
Ole Miss hosted Thomas on an unofficial visit Nov. 16 for its home game against top-ranked LSU. It was the same weekend the Rebels once were scheduled to host him on an official visit, but it now appears Ole Miss won't host him on an official visit before he makes his decision.
Tennessee, meanwhile, has been one of the top contenders for Thomas throughout his recruitment. And sources have continued to indicate that the momentum in his recruitment has shifted toward the Vols over the past couple months."

Dont care who says what about how good we look or how bad we look, but until a kid is actually signed and locked I will always temper my excitement or disappointment.

VN Store

Back