Pruitt grabs Shamburger's jersey - media snowflake loses it

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt grabs player's jersey and scolds him after penalty

Remember when Pruitt grabbed JG's facemask after JG's boneheaded QB sneak decision in the Alabama game? Now they're upset about Shawn Shamburger getting a little tough love after his stupid and unnecessary late hit penalty. I don't remember these kind of incidents causing a stir before recently. Wth? Is this ball room dancing or football?

I get the impression that most sportswriters today have never played sports. If I'm wrong on that, then I feel sorry for whoever had the misfortune to coach them or be on a team with them. Imagine trying to play or coach and having to deal with the South Park "PC Babies" on your team.

Apparently the snowflakes in the sports media never played football at any level. Saw my junior high football coach do this many times

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt grabs player's jersey and scolds him after penalty

Remember when Pruitt grabbed JG's facemask after JG's boneheaded QB sneak decision in the Alabama game? Now they're upset about Shawn Shamburger getting a little tough love after his stupid and unnecessary late hit penalty. I don't remember these kind of incidents causing a stir before recently. Wth? Is this ball room dancing or football?
OH MY GOD!!!! HE WAS SCOLDED!!!!!

Let's not forget that you could see he was saying yes sir and no sir. Later when the assistant's were talking to him he was smiling a little. Then, horror of all horrors, even before he was allowed to get over the weak knee'd trembling and emotional turmoil, he was right back in after one play. Grab some big boy boxers media flakes, Pruitt does it his way.....and it's working.

Far, far worse than a shirt grabbing happens on the field. Every. Single. Play. Just think of the hypocrisy of people who applaud their team after delivering a violent hit to the opposition but clutch their pearls when a player’s shirt is grabbed. They have no problem with violence. After all, these are the same types of people who support Antifa. What they have a problem with is discipline and accountability.

I don’t think anyone who’s upset with that played a sport past middle school
If ever. Heck my son's 12u football team gets that same treatment. Its called discipline. This is why kids arent as tough today as they used to be. Sometimes u need a good kick in the rear to get your crap together. They act like he suplexed the kid smh

Pruitt cannot continue to make these overly physical, coach-player contacts, dead in front of national television, and not expect to receive a due amount of negative press, well deserved.
I did see this happen during the game. Fulmer needs to address this issue w Pruitt. You just can't do this in today's day and age. Add this to the prior facemask grab, and there seems to be an anger issue that's gotta be nipped in the bud.

It is interesting what you can find out about people on the interwebs...

Nick Bromberg should keep his own hands away from the keyboard, as it makes himself sound like an idiot.

The biggest problem I see with it is when/if one of these kids loses it Myles Garrett style on one of these coaches. Headsets don't offer a lot of protection versus pads.

Not singling Pruitt out because plenty of head coaches grab their players and I don't have a problem with it, could just see it happening with the wrong coach and wrong player eventually.

Looked and looked for the pic of Pat grabbing Marciniak’s jersey. Can’t find it. But here’s Michelle’s take of the incident.

“In an earlier interview, I’d asked Marciniak why she had scotch-taped an AP photo to the dashboard of her Honda of Pat grabbing her jersey and yelling in her face. “I wanted to make sure that that never happens again,” answered Marciniak.” Knoxville Mercury

And some mizzery guy is upset over a football coach and player? No wonder I despise mizzery.

Odd. I teach at the college level and don't see this behavior.

I also finished my PhD coursework and didn't take Liberal Indoctrination 501 or 502. I hope they don't revoke my degree.
IMO, it is a discipline specific thing, some of the majors that are directly career focused (e.g. engineering and business) are surprisingly practical and well grounded.

Students in majors that focus on society and human behavior tend to get a little more worked up about small things (looking for their opportunity to improve the world).

As with broader society, the loudest voices are not necessarily representative of everyone...thankfully.

Ah, snowflake... The word one uses when you're triggered by the other person being triggered, but you want to play it cool. Hate that word. Requires no thought and limits vocabulary.

But yeah, if that writer found grabbing a jersey to be out of line, especially after such a ridiculous incident, then they likely shouldn't be covering athletics to begin with.
Would you prefer "candy ass"?

IMO, it is a discipline specific thing, some of the majors that are directly career focused (e.g. engineering and business) are surprisingly practical and well grounded.

Students in majors that focus on society and human behavior tend to get a little more worked up about small things (looking for their opportunity to improve the world).

As with broader society, the loudest voices are not necessarily representative of everyone...thankfully.

UT College of Engineering is first rate. That’s how we got Josh Dobbs. One of his recruiting visits the COE basically ran point. The boy and his parents were smart enough to know there’s more than football no matter how good at it you are. We were lucky to get a class act person and a great player.

As to engineering, business, etc. and especially the trades! Thank goodness we have those type people. When the HVAC, plumbing, engine, etc. go on the blink, they rank up there just a quarter step behind the MD when you’re ill. And you’re correct, those are generally not the “screaming, I’m unhappy, you upset me” type of individuals.

Pruitt cannot continue to make these overly physical, coach-player contacts, dead in front of national television, and not expect to receive a due amount of negative press, well deserved.
Probably best to keep the tough love amongst the team in practice where it is better understood. I think the players really respect and most genuinely like the coaching staff.

UT College of Engineering is first rate. That’s how we got Josh Dobbs. One of his recruiting visits the COE basically ran point. The boy and his parents were smart enough to know there’s more than football no matter how good at it you are. We were lucky to get a class act person and a great player.

As to engineering, business, etc. and especially the trades! Thank goodness we have those type people. When the HVAC, plumbing, engine, etc. go on the blink, they rank up there just a quarter step behind the MD when you’re ill. And you’re correct, those are generally not the “screaming, I’m unhappy, you upset me” type of individuals.
This post x 10000

Ding!Ding!Ding! Winner...
Note the ring in my Avi

Don't have a problem with Pruitt's actions at all. There are times when the verbal warning has to be matched with something a bit more physical to let the screw-up know just how serious a problem they've created for their team. The only harm done to Shamburger was to his pride. My opinion is that he is the type who will respond to the challenge with improved awareness on the field in the future.

Only caution is that in this society, one that is increasingly hostile to any appearance of physical discipline at all levels, a leader has to be careful not to allow his emotions to cross a line and enter a trap from which there is no escape.

All it takes to lose a job like this is to match a high stress situation with a student/player/employee who knows how to push someone's buttons and get things escalated.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Ah, snowflake... The word one uses when you're triggered by the other person being triggered, but you want to play it cool. Hate that word. Requires no thought and limits vocabulary.

But yeah, if that writer found grabbing a jersey to be out of line, especially after such a ridiculous incident, then they likely shouldn't be covering athletics to begin with.

Now do "Nazi".

VN Store

Back