Vescovi clip

I keep hearing this kid mentioned in the same breath as Pistol Pete Maravich. It needs to stop,especially if you were not around to see pIstol play.I watched him in person put up 63 on Vandy who had a pretty decent team.Pete was a phenom.Pete could do things with a BB that no one could do.IMO he is the best individual player ever. The kid we just got Vescovi looks very good,and I'm glad we got him,but he doesn't compare to Pete Maravich.
He is better than Maravich. Similar offensive game, but less selfish. He may be the greatest ever in the SEC, and he probably is already ahead of Maravich in that debate.

I'm torn as to whether he can contribute this year. It seems to me that his role as the QB of the offense and ball distributor will take take time and I don't know if he'll have that time this year. I trust RB will make the right decision here
Bowden and Turner playing too many minutes....just my opinion. It's tough to tell what our mid season depth will look like. One game we play 7 player rotation, and others we're 9-10 deep. With Bowden, Turner, JJJ, and potentially Vescovi, we could be like Nova a couple of years ago.

Bowden and Turner playing too many minutes....just my opinion. It's tough to tell what our mid season depth will look like. One game we play 7 player rotation, and others we're 9-10 deep. With Bowden, Turner, JJJ, and potentially Vescovi, we could be like Nova a couple of years ago.
It'd sure be nice to give Bowden and Turner a breather. The issue here is if Vescovi is up to speed with this team by then

Impressive! Must have traveled with the team since very few games on tv in those days. I’m not saying I don’t believe you but.......
Yes, hopped many a train back then. Worked delivery through holiday season as a young adult causing me to miss most road non-conference games. Had time to see the world after the busy season. Tournament was smaller back then and those games didn't really exist much for those teams and were short notice.

Best I can figure this NBA Global Academy is a High School for basketball prospects from South & Central America including the islands.
That's a serious number of potential players given the population and this guy has led his team to 2 straight championships
looks like they mainly eat, sleep, and live basketball so this is more intense than typical High School
the guy got interest and offers from Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Rutgers, Washington State and others so he's got some serious potential
great handles - both hands and excellent body control - looks to be more ready to play at this level than most freshmen.
https://usatodayhss.com/2019/nba-global-academy-wins-second-straight-championship

Last edited:
I was finally able to watch the video (the link in this thread doesn’t work for me for some reason) and wow! The kid has some serious handles! The other thing I noticed was his ability to finish at the rim, which to me is reminiscent of Chris Lofton. C-Lo’s wizardry at the basket was often overshadowed by his three point shooting, but he was one of the best finishers I’ve ever seen. When Loften went to the basket on a fast break, I always assumed at least 2 points.

Vescovi looks to have mastered the same crazy teardrop bank shots that Loften used to do. Similar body control too.

He is better than Maravich. Similar offensive game, but less selfish. He may be the greatest ever in the SEC, and he probably is already ahead of Maravich in that debate.

Well Maravich is overrated anyways

Good size, smart, very good handle, good passer, slasher with a good enough outside shot, changes speeds and direction very well which can help offset any lack of quickness (hard to tell from this film, but he looks quick enough to me on O).

If he does lack quickness it will show up on his man to man D.

Looks like a very good pick up!

VN Store

Back