Wiseman ineligible

I dnt understand how he is dirty when these kids have been playing for him for years. Those kids from East where always going to go to memphis once he was hired. Lomax has been living in his house since 5th grade. Most of his kids played for him at Lester middle school. Their being punished for an act that literally has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is a TSSAA isuue. The fact that the Wiseman's case was already closed in May now its reopened suggests alot of people are jealous of the guy and i think Calipari got the NCAA to reopen the case becuase he didnt go to Kentucky.

I think you love tiger high....

completely inaccurate.
Memphis once had a special relationship with its high school players. A lot of the best players used to grow up wanting to be Tiger players when they grew up.
That relationship fizzled after Larry Finch was fired...as none of the head coaches afterward up until Pastner tried to rebuild inroads to Memphis high schools.
Pastner fizzled out..and Tubby Smith had absolutely no interest in recruiting.
As it was..Memphis kids had no interest in playing for him anyway..so his fate was sealed almost before the ink on his contract dried after initially signing it to begin with.

Penny is rebuilding the mindset of Memphis basketball under Dana Kirk and Larry Finch....we'll play anyone, anywhere, any time.
He can sell a vision of making it to the pros if you have the skillset...as the majority of he and his staff have NBA experience.
Bwahahaha, no, Tubby had no interest in dirty recruiting. The exact same reason he fizzled out at Kentucky. I know 2 big time UK boosters and they used to get so frustrated at Tubby, it wasn’t even funny.
GBO!!

Last edited:
So, can Barnes go ahead and let Paulo move in with him, live in his basement suite and enroll him in Webb. Let’s just get the ball rolling now and lock this kid up.
GBO!!
I know you're blue fonting it but that in a round about way is what has happened with Wiseman. I don't care for the NCAA either but they are in a bind with this one though. It'll be interesting to see how its handled because it could change everything as we know it.

Do they compete against one another??? There's your apples and oranges
For the same title in the same division, classification, and state? Nope, they sure don't.

Take it up with the TSSAA. Public schools are not allowed to recruit. Tale as old as time. It's one of the primary reasons they created different divisions for private schools. Ask Brentwood Academy.

He's correct. How many white coaches reach into impoverished Memphis and put black players in their homes, pay their moving costs and blah blah blah?

None.

This ain’t the Blind Side.... They don’t do it cause it would be (and is in Penny’s case) a violation....you think Penny paid 11k out of the goodness of his heart? Really? I guess it was just a coincidence he was a sure fire lottery pick... Also, comon the kid was playing at Ensworth...poor guy, you ever been on that campus? Man... guess he couldn’t wait to escape that dump and get to East...

This ain’t the Blind Side.... They don’t do it cause it would be (and is in Penny’s case) a violation....you think Penny paid 11k out of the goodness of his heart? Really? I guess it was just a coincidence he was a sure fire lottery pick... Also, comon the kid was playing at Ensworth...poor guy, you ever been on that campus? Man... guess he couldn’t wait to escape that dump and get to East...

Huh?

"Wiseman’s lawyer just said on TV that if Penny was a white Coach this might not be a problem" is the question on the floor. This is a correct statement. How many white coaches reach into impoverished Memphis and put black players in their homes, pay their moving costs and blah blah blah? None. There would not be this black Penny coach problem.

I dnt understand how he is dirty when these kids have been playing for him for years. Those kids from East where always going to go to memphis once he was hired. Lomax has been living in his house since 5th grade. Most of his kids played for him at Lester middle school. Their being punished for an act that literally has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is a TSSAA isuue. The fact that the Wiseman's case was already closed in May now its reopened suggests alot of people are jealous of the guy and i think Calipari got the NCAA to reopen the case becuase he didnt go to Kentucky.

Pearl gives some hot dogs to some HS kids and gets a show cause.... so this guy provides five digits to the left of the decimal point and deserves a free be????? Guess I am lost..

Huh?

"Wiseman’s lawyer just said on TV that if Penny was a white Coach this might not be a problem" is the question on the floor. This is a correct statement. How many white coaches reach into impoverished Memphis and put black players in their homes, pay their moving costs and blah blah blah? None. There would not be this black Penny coach problem.

I really don’t get your point... it’s a violation if a coach is white, black or purple... that’s why coaches shouldn’t do it

Huh?

How many of those coaches then go on to become NCAA head coaches and then benefit from that relationship a second time in their career?

What this has to do with the subject at hand, I have no clue but I will defer to you.

How many?
Penny's skin color has nothing to do with his woeful ignorance of the rules. This isn't simply an issue of Penny reaching out to help an impoverished AA kid. There are plenty of charity cases to take on in the 901. And, I'm not saying Penny hasn't done his share of good will in his city, but Wiseman was targeted by Penny at a school 3 hours away for the sole purpose of getting him to Memphis East HS, where Penny clearly benefitted, and he paid the Wiseman family $11k to do it. Then, after their mutual success at the prep level, Penny's relationship with Wiseman aided in landing him the Memphis job, in which he further benefitted from that relationship when Wiseman committed (big surprise).

Now, find me a case where a white coach has done this and faced no backlash, and instead has enjoyed universal support from his peers and the NCAA. Prove to me that race is an issue, here.

Last edited:
Penny's skin color has nothing to do with his woeful ignorance of the rules. This isn't simply an issue of Penny reaching out to help an impoverished AA kid. There are plenty of charity cases to take on in the 901. And, I'm not saying Penny hasn't done his share of good will in his city, but Wiseman was targeted by Penny at a school 3 hours away for the sole purpose of getting him to Memphis East HS, where Penny clearly benefitted, and he paid the Wiseman family $11k to do it. Then, after their mutual success at the prep level, Penny's relationship with Wiseman aided in landing him the Memphis job, in which he further benefitted from that relationship when Wiseman committed (big surprise).

Now, find me a case where a white coach has done this and faced no backlash, and instead has enjoyed universal support from his peers and the NCAA. Prove to me that race is an issue, here.

Too much logic in this post....

Poor Wiseman... penny rescued him from going to the premiere private school in Nashville/Tennessee....

Also ... who needs 11k to move from Nashville to Memphis....

I want to believe that perhaps I have simply misunderstood Dumbledorange’s intent, here. He is welcome to set the record straight for me, if that is the case.

Too much logic in this post....

Poor Wiseman... penny rescued him from going to the premiere private school in Nashville/Tennessee....

Also ... who needs 11k to move from Nashville to Memphis....
From private, highly acclaimed school to Memphis East. Makes perfect sense.

VN Store

Back