'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

I wasn’t going to give any updates on this kid, but I’ll try to give you what is going on at this time. I do know from over the weekend, that the coaching staff has reached out to him, and hasn’t let up. Also, believe it or not, the Memphis trio has talked to him several times. I was told that even though his commitment to Auburn was early, that he is still interested in Tennessee. He has told the Memphis trio, Pruitt, and the coaching staff that, even though an answer hasn’t been giving yet about changing his commitment. Do I know if he will change it, I have no clue, but it is interesting that this recruitment still goes on for now. It is interesting that he told Frenchie from Whitehaven that he’ll still be looking at Tennessee. I guess what he was saying that this Auburn commitment is 50/50 right now, and that he could swap back to Tennessee.

I wasn’t going to give any updates on this kid, but I’ll try to give you what is going on at this time. I do know from over the weekend, that the coaching staff has reached out to him, and hasn’t let up. Also, believe it or not, the Memphis trio has talked to him several times. I was told that even though his commitment to Auburn was early, that he is still interested in Tennessee. He has told the Memphis trio, Pruitt, and the coaching staff that, even though an answer hasn’t been giving yet about changing his commitment. Do I know if he will change it, I have no clue, but it is interesting that this recruitment still goes on for now. It is interesting that he told Frenchie from Whitehaven that he’ll still be looking at Tennessee. I guess what he was saying that this Auburn commitment is 50/50 right now, and that he could swap back to Tennessee.
CF49AA7C-1376-4432-AFD5-275E7162FE02.gif

Or the kid is just lying again

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

He could be just telling them what they want to hear, same thing he told his HS teammates.

He was paid. It is that simple. It doesn't matter what happens at Auburn as far as coaching change. This is a done deal.
Aside from the issue of whether or not he was paid, I'm curious about what happens if recruits are paid & subsequently change their mind? It's not like the booster(s) can sue, what are the consequences?

Aside from the issue of whether or not he was paid, I'm curious about what happens if recruits are paid & subsequently change their mind? It's not like the booster(s) can sue, what are the consequences?

Some payments or verbal offers are contingent upon him signing. Or at least a percentage is withheld until a NLI is signed.

Last edited:
I think sometimes the payment is in the form of a job for a relative. If the form is actual currency, some of these families are very poor & will immediately spend the money. In any case, I am sure much thought has gone into locking it up.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You should really start listening to the FIRST voice in your head. 😏

VN Store

Back