Disney +

So, how are they doing episodes on the Mandalorian? i can only view one. I’m used to binge watching.
Weekly series...unless this was a teaser and they release the full season later. Prime does that with some new shows...like Hanna.

I just realized 4K HDR is included in the $6.99. Nice!

Netflix charges extra for that.

Don't get too excited, I guarantee you Disney will raise the price. I read an article that said it will release it's newest series 1 week at a time as opposed to Netflix that does it all at once.

Don't get too excited, I guarantee you Disney will raise the price. I read an article that said it will release it's newest series 1 week at a time as opposed to Netflix that does it all at once.
I’m sure they will. My guess is they bump it up $2 a year from now.

A price hike is inevitable.

I think Netflix was 6.99 when I first signed up and you could get 2 DVDs in the mail and the streaming was mostly just documentaries, B list movies, and old TV shows. Now it’s 13.99 without 4K and no DVDs.

Surpassed 10M subscribers on the first day..................
Wonder how many of those are free 7-day trials or the Verizon promo? I just signed up for my free year from Verizon today but haven't had a chance to dive in yet.

I'm blown away by the sheer quantity of content. Several nights this week I've sat there just scrolling, having "oh, THAT'S on here!" moments. For this price I'd get it even if I wasn't a parent. With three young kids, it's an absolute no brainer. I looked at my oldest son the other night and just laughed and said, "dude, you've got it made". All this content, at our fingertips. Just blows my mind.

Also laughing at all the $$$ I've spent over the years collecting each season of the Simpsons since season 1, and here they all are. Just incredible.

Yes....like every other service has.

I also don't necessarily mind if they have a normal release cycle instead of all at once, depending on the type of show.

Yes....like every other service has.

I also don't necessarily mind if they have a normal release cycle instead of all at once, depending on the type of show.

I said before I like the social aspect of a drip release as opposed to a binge dump.

It’s honestly a little smarter to keep the buzz going longer. Look at GoT or Breaking Bad. You get 10 to 16 weeks of hype and conversation. Where as Stranger Things drops and the buzz is over in about 3 weeks after everyone has binged the whole thing.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back