'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

It’s disappointing a local kid that our staff tried so hard to get who plays a position of need for us Woods used to go to Auburn. But people definitely need to keep things in perspective… There is absolutely no guarantees that he will be any better than the defensive and we end up signing. So there’s no sense in getting to involved. It’s disappointing a local kid that our staff tried so hard to get who plays a position of need for us would choose to go to Auburn. But people definitely need to keep things in perspective… There is absolutely no guarantees that he will be any better than the defensive and we end up signing. So there’s no sense in getting too involved. It kinda makes me think back to defensive ends we’ve singed in recent years. Look at Barnett and Kyle Phillips. Barnett’s was a sold 4star recruit. Just inside the top 200 if I remember eat correctly. But Phillips was a 5 star all world talent. Top 25 overall player. And while Phillips went up to make some what of an impact here (mainly as a senior)...Barnett was a generational player that broke the all time sacks record in 3 years before becoming a high first round draft pic.
I wish hardy would’ve chosen TN but we’ll end up signing a couple of other defensive lineman in this class and for all we know the top 300ish players we end up getting might very well end up much better players than hardy. We should just keep it classy. Hardy might flame out at auburn and they might end up firing malzahn down the road...and he may still end up playing for the vols one day. But if not who cares. We’re a program that is getting all the young players on the field and maximizing their skills. We’re on the up and up.

This is interesting...I think it would be like Richmond..most of us were happy he flipped back to us on signing day, but when he did not play up to expectations there was almost no mercy or patience for him.

I have always felt that was a residual bad feeling toward him because of how he had pissed everybody off to start with when he pulled a Hardy in committing to Ole Puss after reportedly being all Vol for a long time...with the obvious then, and widely known now, slimy OM cheating going on.

Vast majority of fans don't pay attention to recruiting and probably know nothing about Hardy or the Richmond recruiting.

People criticized Richmond because he underperformed and killed drives with stupid penalties. Just didn't seem like he cared enough to focus on being good.

Reactions: sierraorange
The guys saying that about Mays are mostly fringe idiots though. Those fringe idiots would not accept Hardy now either, but I think most of the mainstream feel like me and you do.
So the elder Mays boy said “F Tennessee.” It’s nothing, probably 90% of us haven’t said in some form or fashion, while watching our Vols get hammered on the field, over the last decade.
GBO!!

At the end of the day it's all business. If he wants to flip, then by all means, but that is 100% for the staff to decide and in no way does it matter what I or anyone who is butthurt thinks.
Unfortunately the butthurt he has caused may in turn cause him enough butthurt to make that highly unlikely.

So the elder Mays boy said “F Tennessee.” It’s nothing, probably 90% of us haven’t said in some form or fashion, while watching our Vols get hammered on the field, over the last decade.
GBO!!

I don't think people that love Tennessee mean it the same way as the little dipspit did.

i get why people think this isn't over etc...and i understand why some are completely out on him at this point...but if he makes it past the ESD w/out signing w/Auburn.......you gotta think about that for a second..... one would imagine that whoever's deal this is probably comes with some idea that he signs in December.

we need DL, he's a really good one. i hate how this whole thing went down, and i'm of the belief that he's not coming here.

but if he's not signed after ESD............put on the press and see what happens. jmo. i don't think you save a spot though. there's other guys out there, and if we get some that ultimately want in ....well, it is what it is. i think the only thing that really changes is the security of that spot.

which is the most frustrating thing about this cause i'm betting the staff had his spot saved for months.....

i get why people think this isn't over etc...and i understand why some are completely out on him at this point...but if he makes it past the ESD w/out signing w/Auburn.......you gotta think about that for a second..... one would imagine that whoever's deal this is probably comes with some idea that he signs in December.

we need DL, he's a really good one. i hate how this whole thing went down, and i'm of the belief that he's not coming here.

but if he's not signed after ESD............put on the press and see what happens. jmo. i don't think you save a spot though. there's other guys out there, and if we get some that ultimately want in ....well, it is what it is. i think the only thing that really changes is the security of that spot.

which is the most frustrating thing about this cause i'm betting the staff had his spot saved for months.....
That is what pisses me off...when a dude does this crap this late in the process, it doubly screws us over.

He has moved on and we should too. That message is a clear sign that this is over. He crossed the line by either slandering the University or snitching on them to the world. Either way to many feelings are hurt. Wish everything had of went our way.

Dude is out there actively recruiting against us right now....

200.gif

He has moved on and we should too. That message is a clear sign that this is over. He crossed the line by either slandering the University or snitching on them to the world. Either way to many feelings are hurt. Wish everything had of went our way.
He will too one day, if he doesn't already.

VN Store

Back