Recruiting Forum Weight Loss Advice Thread

149 lbs

Intermittent fasting about 20-24 hours all last week really amplified the weight loss. Barely did any lifting or cardio since I was traveling all week.

@nicksjuzunk have you read the article by Borge on optimal programming?
I have not but I’m very familiar with his thoughts. I purchased his Sustainable Self Development program to give his low volume thoughts a look. I ran it through for a cycle after running high frequency and volume for years but didn’t see any progress. As an advanced athlete, I might be out of gains already though, so I’ve been experimenting for awhile now to see if ANYTHING works, outside of steroids. Generally just manipulating a single variable or two over a long period of time to see.

If my next diet reveals the same weight when I reach that relative leanness, I will be forced to test a low volume approach like Borge likes for a long time to see if I am a low volume responder. I’d hate that, because I love to train. Truth be told though.... that’s where most of my progress can years ago, but lower training status too, so you never know

Haven’t look through entire thread. Any food suggestions? Needing help bad. I know I have to cut out sodas.

6’3” 258. 49y/o

Would love to get to 225-230 again.
TIA

Haven’t look through entire thread. Any food suggestions? Needing help bad. I know I have to cut out sodas.

6’3” 258. 49y/o

Would love to get to 225-230 again.
TIA

That will help for sure. **** ton of cals in regular sodas. I’ll take the cancer from diet sodas all day. What else do you usually eat?

Reactions: volwindy and CABVOL
That will help for sure. **** ton of cals in regular sodas. I’ll take the cancer from diet sodas all day. What else do you usually eat?

Well I’m a bad evening snacker. (Bored eating)

I do well eating chicken/fish but my veggies are lacking.

VN Store

Back