Poll: Should Guarantano transfer?

Should Guarantano transfer?

• No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect

Votes: 699 69.1%
  • Yes. He should transfer.

Votes: 323 31.9%

• Total voters
Who the heck am I to tell any kid that is working hard and staying out of trouble that they should be off the team?
Nobody’s telling him anything. OP started a thread asking everyone’s opinion. JG sure as hell won’t look at the results of this poll when making his decision.

Reactions: troyntn71
I voted that I hope he stays. Not every fan has wanted to throw JG under a bus. We need a real QB competition next year. Bailey, Maurer, Shrout, Hill and JG the best one wins. Maybe JG has a breakout senior year. Maybe not. Time will tell. This coaching staff knows what they're doing and it's a good thing they dont listen to crazy fans.

With JG's improvement, I think he should stay and finish out. However, I think he will leave.

I’ve got the utmost respect for JG. He’s aggravated the heck out of me ,but he’s also played as hard as anybody else. I know that doesn’t help in wins ,but JG didn’t lose those games by himself. I think a lot of people think he did,but he didn’t.

Reactions: CR-vol
Shoulda been a pie chart

There was. I just couldn't find a gif link that would work on this site.

The gif is from How I Met Your Mother and its about Marshall needing an intervention for making too many charts. This particular scene he has made a pie chart describing his favorite bars and then shows a bar graph describing his favorite pies.

He should def transfer. Not good enough and his time to prove himself over and over has been more chances than anyone else will her at UT. Wish him luck but I’m not a UT fan satisfied with squeaking out victories against the UKs and Vandys and that is the ceiling with JG.

Tough poll for many reasons. “Should” could mean “If I am JG, should I transfer” or could mean “Do you want JG to transfer?”

I don’t want him to transfer, would like him as an option. But if I’m him, I definitely transfer based on my success (or lack of success) here and how the fan base has treated me. Would like to see what he could do in a more wide open offense.

Obviously you failed to comprehend what I was saying. You are so fixated on JG it is nauseating. I am saying we need to prepare for the future. JG hasn't gone over well with a good portion of the fan base and we have seen his limitations, now take away JJ and Callaway and those limitations will probably be amplified. If he transfer it will begin fresh start for the kid, as well as fans, deserve that much. Also, if he stays around we are gonna lose QB's. You are so fixated on the now and do not look long term but I will overlook your love affair for a mediocre QB at best. If he makes it to the NFL and blows it up than I will give you your credit, however, the NFL outlook doesn't look promising.
So a few fans are still butthurt about "pouting" three years ago so the qb who has played the best with the most experience should transfer?

If we are going to lose qbs, should we care if they aren't better? Bailey is still coming regardless of a transfer. Long term we are good. JG only has one year after this. I don't see how him staying hurts us three years from now when Bailey is probably the starter.

Here is your chance, as a fan, to say whether Jarrett Guarantano should transfer.
In my opinion, this guy is a warrior. He has given his all for the team and for the school.
I am curious whether anyone would say he should transfer.
Fans should not decide whether he should transfer or not. It's entirely up to him. After all the crap he's gotten from so called fans, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. Granted, he has had plenty of bad games, and some good games as well. Fans should cheer for the team - NOT try to determine the future of a player!

Im proud of JG and I was hard on him all year. Every win this team has got this year has been contributed to JG timely throws. He deserve another shot next year. Pruitt and this staff has done a great job with this team. Im excited for next season. Im glad my nephew came back for another year. This team can easily win 9 games next year. IMO The schedule is not hard next season.

Fans should not decide whether he should transfer or not. It's entirely up to him. After all the crap he's gotten from so called fans, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. Granted, he has had plenty of bad games, and some good games as well. Fans should cheer for the team - NOT try to determine the future of a player!
We have no say. He performs like he has recently and there are no rumblings.

Did you think this thread was going to have an effect in his decision?

Some of y'all, from looking at the numbers, have obviously voted multiple times. Are you really that ridiculous that you would try to skew a forum poll?

If I was advising Jarrett, I would absolutely recommend that heat transfer. He's got an opportunity to go out in a great place here, but he definitely needs to move on. As do we.

Some of y'all, from looking at the numbers, have obviously voted multiple times. Are you really that ridiculous that you would try to skew a forum poll?

If I was advising Jarrett, I would absolutely recommend that heat transfer. He's got an opportunity to go out in a great place here, but he definitely needs to move on. As do we.

Lol, are you serious?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
In my humble opinion, the "game has slowed down" for Jarret Guarantano. He is processing action quicker, he is learning from his coaches, and he is growing as a leader. The poll wasn't directed at JG, who I think will lead this team through next year. This poll was directed at the fans. Almost 25% of the 420 votes cast by the fan base (represented in this poll) are in favor of some type of separation of JG from our fair University. I am surprised by this, but each fan has his own reasons for voting.

Reactions: RollerVol
Lol, are you serious?
Put a poll in front of us and we can’t stop ourselves.
giphy.gif

Lol, are you serious?

Well the number of votes are higher than the number of voters by a few, so yeah.

About the question of transferring, it seems to be posed as if there's only two choices here. He has earned our respect, or he should transfer. I don't take the question from the standpoint of what our fans or team should want, but what's in his best interest. I think it's absolutely in his best interest to transfer as a fifth-year senior, play immediately somewhere with a fresh start, and let the rest of the quarterback drama play out here so we can get on with our future. That's what I would tell him.

If JG does stay, and Harrison Bailey keeps his commitment, I'd wager Maurer and Shrout are both gone considering that Pruitt brought in Kasim Hill to compete for the position in 2020.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back