Prepare for War

I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.

What do sports have to do with War? One is entertainment and the other has real consequences. Perhaps a bad day to choose this particular wording.

Reactions: perico
There is zero incentive for Dabo to leave for Bama.

Bama can't give him anything Clemson can't.....
.............except a reputation for winning Championships at more than one school. Can you name three guys that have done that?

So Pruitt has gone from getting fired in September to a $500 million stash for him and his staff?

Fact 1: I for one, never was among the "fire Pruitt" faction.
Fact 2: My post was about being in a position of financial strength if we have to fight for Pruitt.

Beyond that, I don't know what "hail" you mean and that might be because my powers of telepathy have been blinking in and out for the past two months now. I'm going have to speak to either Dr. Fate or Ms. Emma Frost about that.

.............except a reputation for winning Championships at more than one school. Can you name three guys that have done that?

Once again, Bama offers him nothing that Clemson can't. Winning at two different schools is nice, but its not a big deal. Especially given the circumstances. Going from Clemson to Bama (Post Saban) and winning a natty isn't that impressive. It would be expected.

But I still go back to my point: There is zero incentive for Dabo to jump from Clemson to Bama....

Reactions: volfanhill
The only reason Saban can say he won at 2 different schools is because he left for the NFL and fell on his face and wanted back into college ball and Bama hired him. Its not like that was a goal he set out to do.

Alabama can hire whomever they wish. I highly doubt they come for Pruitt of all people. He was like 10th on our list for crying out loud.

We TN fans have a tendency to overreact these days when we have a chance at a 6 or 7 win season.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
The football team looks like it's turning the corner and Tennessee fans have a better opinion of Jeremy Pruitt. It's just the nature of fans as a whole.
I think it has more to with fans having strong opinions about things that they have no clue about.

Football is definitely a game of inches if Bowden scores & we lose.
There would be talk of maybe no bowl and coahing decisions etc...
but they don't score we win and we are now talking
holding off Bama from stealing our coach.

I’m a believer that Pruitt & Co. will have Tennessee competitive for SECCs and the NCS. Along the way, I believe we will see a dip in Alabama fortunes and Saban being smart enough to bow out to preserve his legacy. It’s then that the pachyderm polookas will come calling.

If the UT is smart, they will begin now arming themselves for war. Start now putting aside the money needed to combat Bama’s push to get Pruitt and perhaps his entire staff. Start now being as dedicated as Bama to the football program to keep it top tier. Instead of lapsing back into the cesspool we allowed it to get mired in the first place. It might not be a bad idea to set a goal of a five hundred million stash to go along with whatever else might be needed. And even if we lost out, we’d be in such a sweet place hire whoever else wanted. Start arming now for the war to come.
No amount of money will keep Pruitt here and him a Bama guy.

It's no decision for Pruitt! If Tennessee is playing for championships and Bama strikes out on Dabo or others and comes to Pruitt, he will go. That's his dream job. No amount of money will keep him. JMO

Probably right, but I would at least make it hurt the gumps. Have a specific buyout clause only for Bama to the tune of $10mil in addition to what his current buyout is at the time. Use the money to go after a big name NC caliber coach.

Agree. Something is just not right about that whole situation. LSU settled for him. USC didn't want him. Ole Miss kicked him to the curb. And now, all of the sudden he's a good head coach?
Maybe he was a good coach all along, just at the wrong situation till now. He actually was doing a really good job at USC, but they had already made up their minds. And he wasn’t cheating enough at Ole Miss, that’s why he was fired.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
LSU is awesome again, GA is strong, and Pruitt was able to recruit during a very , very bad time for TN. If the Vols finish strong and have another strong recruiting class, it will be super impressive

While its a possibility,...I'm not concerned with Saban leaving. However, anyone who turns TN around will be a top candidate for every top program in the country. Pruitt will be hot. Watch

“top candidate for every top program in the country”

Not disagreeing with you, just lamenting when did Tennessee become a stepping stone to “top programs”. It sure has been a shat show around here the last 15 years. I think if CJP gets us back to competing for the SEC-E every year and in the CG every 2-3 out of 5 years, Tennessee will once again be one of those top programs.

Football is definitely a game of inches if Bowden scores & we lose.
There would be talk of maybe no bowl and coahing decisions etc...
but they don't score we win and we are now talking
holding off Bama from stealing our coach.

Great point! LOL

How bout they take Urban out of retirement, he creates a huge scandal, Bottom falls out of the program and they take the 10 year death spiral like the late 90s. Roll tide..

Last edited:

Well since your a psychic can you at least tell me the winning powerball numbers for next week?

Has anyone on this board beside a select few actually prepared for war and knows what actually goes into it???

Fact 1: I for one, never was among the "fire Pruitt" faction.
Fact 2: My post was about being in a position of financial strength if we have to fight for Pruitt.

Beyond that, I don't know what "hail" you mean and that might be because my powers of telepathy have been blinking in and out for the past two months now. I'm going have to speak to either Dr. Fate or Ms. Emma Frost about that.
It was directed at the fan base and not you directly because I sure as hail don’t know your posting style over time ;)

VN Store

Back