Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

If Vescovi actually enrolls in January, do we play him in SEC Play? Is he good enough of a prospect to pick up our offense mid-season and be an impact player? Definitely an interesting storyline.

If Vescovi actually enrolls in January, do we play him in SEC Play? Is he good enough of a prospect to pick up our offense mid-season and be an impact player? Definitely an interesting storyline.
I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that, probably not even the coaches...that’s why you bring him in and see what happens.

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that, probably not even the coaches...that’s why you bring him in and see what happens.
If this does happen, how does this work eligibility wise? If he plays in the spring would he automatically be a sophomore (eligibility wise) come the fall semester or how does that work?

Jalen can score. Only question is if he can play good enough defense.
Defense and rebounding. I observed Jalen closely Tuesday night, and to me, he just didn't seem to be a "mix it up" kind of player. More of a "hunt and peck" guy that takes his opportunities when presented, but doesn't force physical play. Although he has gained some weight, he still seems not as physical as most guys his height. But, that is my opinion only.

Reactions: tn4elvis
There is an excellent story on a 6'8 prospect from Knoxville Catholic in today's KNS who can guard 6'3 players and has an excellent back to the post game and is a great rim protector and he hopes CRB will give him a Scholarship.

UT has seen him a few times.

There is an excellent story on a 6'8 prospect from Knoxville Catholic in today's KNS who can guard 6'3 players and has an excellent back to the post game and is a great rim protector and he hopes CRB will give him a Scholarship.

UT has seen him a few times.
Did ya catch a name? I’m guessing Tamba but I thought he was closer to 7’

Matthew Murrel opts for Ole Miss, pretty shocking....seemed like Vandy was a given or Auburn possibly if not? Doesn’t even consider Memphis? Commits to Ole Miss.

Any particular reason you think they've been reluctant to offer up to this point? I know he doesn't have many offers but the 5 he does have tells me he's no slouch

I’m not sure how many of those are committable, and I think they just think they can land someone better.

Man...I kinda hope they offer & take Akeem.

I know we're in a different level of recruiting as of late with all the 5 stars showing interest, but I kind of feel like a top 5 in state kid with his size and ranking needs to at least get an offer. Hopefully he has a fantastic senior season and helps him reach a 4 star.

Reactions: sport3500
His ability to change speed from the beginning to 0:30 is astounding😂

I like that tape, can jump off both feet & one legged. Attacks the rim & goes after rebounds and blocks. Looked like he had some post moves too. A year or two in college S&C and he’d be a beast!

Reactions: TrapVol
Defense and rebounding. I observed Jalen closely Tuesday night, and to me, he just didn't seem to be a "mix it up" kind of player. More of a "hunt and peck" guy that takes his opportunities when presented, but doesn't force physical play. Although he has gained some weight, he still seems not as physical as most guys his height. But, that is my opinion only.
Been that way all along and it's not likely to change this late in the game. I think it's just his personality. One thing is for sure Jalen is gonna have to play reguardless.

VN Store

Back