'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

IMHP, Baron to KY is likely. He wants to go to OSUe, but he's not a take there right now. Like Reggie Grimes, see Gamecock message boards they are Very confident about Grimes, wants a committable offer from AL. That's also not a reality right now. Baron holds us as his #3 choice.
BTW, my opinion, and that's all it is, comes from scouring UK and OSUe message boards and recruiting articles. The chat and articles talk about Baron as a Kentucky vs OSUe battle with us hardly being mentioned as a competitor for him. I posted on here about a month ago that I did not think Baron would be a Vol, and I think that more than ever now.
It appears that both Baron and Grimes hold us as their third choices right now. I hope we get them both, maybe we will, but it's getting harder to believe that. Seeing Ojulari then Hardy spurn us is a bad trend that looks like it just might continue. There's a reason. The stench of those first two losses is following us like a toxic cloud.
Either way, like CJP said, " just worry about the ones that come here."
However, LOL, we on this board reserve the right to worry about everything.

Whether some coaches like to go on the road recruiting or not when you begin losing recruits like this they have to hit the road recruiting otherwise it shows little sacrifice for the sake of Tennessee football and your job.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Or maybe not lose to Ga St to start the season.
Or maybe not focus on one single game that was awhile ago.

Lost one or two we shouldn't have and won one or two we shouldn't have. What did most people predict preseason? 6-6 or 7-5, right? Not the way we wanted to get there but finish 7-5 and recruiting will get better. Win more games, simple as that. Can't focus on a stupid loss in September anymore.

Or maybe not focus on one single game that was awhile ago.

Lost one or two we shouldn't have and won one or two we shouldn't have. What did most people predict preseason? 6-6 or 7-5, right? Not the way we wanted to get there but finish 7-5 and recruiting will get better. Win more games, simple as that. Can't focus on a stupid loss in September anymore.

I agree and am happy with the way we are trending. Team is playing great and I love it.

Do you think Boom, Stoops, Kirby, Saban, Barn, and others have let that loss go?

If we finish 7-5 then a lot of those concerns go away. I think and hope we can do that.

I think I've reached my zen-like state about all of this.

The ones that want to be here, will. This staff has proven it can train a sub-par roster to play SEC ball. Wins will come, team swagger will return, UT will be viewed as a competent football school again, and that's when the kids that are harder sells will start biting. It ALL hinges on what happens on the field, and that's the one spot where gains are becoming more and more obvious. Recruiting misses aside, the program's trajectory is going where it should. Its obvious from the buy-in from the dynamic younger guys. That'll happen more as time goes on and wins pile up. I'm going to try to invest less on the individual decisions these kids make, and focus more on the fact that CJP's vision for the team-at-large is starting to take shape, and that will eventually take care of the rest of this. Brighter days ahead, y'all.

Having breakfast this morning with a Florida fan. He sees it shaping. Our fans don’t but he does. It’s taking and will continue to take more time but I can see it.

Sherrer needs to be the first to go
Or not at all. Like what he’s done with the ST and ILB. If someone HAS to go? Wave Weinke bye bye and let Chaney take that on. Use that spot for Lupoi or promote Simon. That’s assuming Rumph doesn’t take another position that other schools continually offer him. Lot of good ideas.

I agree and am happy with the way we are trending. Team is playing great and I love it.

Do you think Boom, Stoops, Kirby, Saban, Barn, and others have let that loss go?

If we finish 7-5 then a lot of those concerns go away. I think and hope we can do that.
We kicked Carolina’s ass. Best Auburn last season with the worst QB Tennessee has had in my lifetime. Kick the hell out of Kentucky on the regular.

VN Store

Back