Something rotten w/ DL recruiting

Per Volquest and 247, Hardy told them that he changed his mind based on this last visit to Auburn after telling UT he was coming for months. And this is Auburn. Based on their history, the Hardy family may have driven home to Chattanooga in a much better financial position than on their drive down.

Then pay more.

I'm sick of these excuses. Be proactive and match the offer. If Rocker and Sherrer don't want to recruit, they can GTFO.

Half of these dudes on our coaching staff are lame ducks and it's showing. I'm ready to get to the end of the season and clean house.

Yeah I got run off the site for questioning recruiting. It’s obvious we are struggling.

Pruitt-It’s easy to be a top recruiter at Alabama. Hell, any of us probably could be...look at these rings son, you wanna play for the best?

It’s a catch 22, need better recruits to win, can’t get good recruits without winning. Takes a special coach to jump start a struggling program.

The cash and cars and complete approval from the SEC and NCAA for Bama doesn’t hurt either. They actually flaunt it on social media. They have friends/boosters/alumni in high places and know they are untouchable.

Makes recruiting easier, and winning easier, which makes recruiting even more easy.

Reactions: jeff1vol and crovol
Loaded? 😂 Yeah we can offer immediate playing time. I would go as far to say if these kids were on campus right now they would be seeing snaps.

Yes, loaded with EXPERIENCE come next year in the d-line with 6-8 guys just off the top off my head. Your delusional if you think recruits of any caliber aren’t noticing that. And I guarantee you 90% of those kids wouldn’t see snaps at this very moment if you threw them into our lineup.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I worry about Crouch. What is going to be his position going forward. Kid just doesn't want to be RB but I don't know about how he is improving at the spot he is playing this year.

Correct — you don’t know bc you’re not on staff and watching practice everyday and coaching him. He’s a true FR. Give him a minute, man.

Correct — you don’t know bc you’re not on staff and watching practice everyday and coaching him. He’s a true FR. Give him a minute, man.
I said I loved the kid. I am just worried about where he is going to fit in. Sometimes being shuffled around is not a good thing.

BLUF: Kids like to be on winning teams. Winning attracts talent more than playing time.
One of the reasons for this imo is that the incoming 4* and 5* players know they won't have to be the ones who bear the burden and responsibility. It's a shared thing until they catch on.
So Big Shout Out to Henry To o, DW, WM.

Then pay more.

I'm sick of these excuses. Be proactive and match the offer. If Rocker and Sherrer don't want to recruit, they can GTFO.

Half of these dudes on our coaching staff are lame ducks and it's showing. I'm ready to get to the end of the season and clean house.

Coaches don't pay and don't get involved in any part of that world (usually). The boosters do it all on their own. That way the coaches have complete deniability.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the fans that operate in this world.

If you haven't already, read this article. It's very real and this article is very informative.

Meet the bag man: 10 rules for paying college players

I just want to clarify something on recruiting numbers......a SEC school can sign up to 25 recruits per year IF they have the room. I don't know if we have the room, so our class can be less than 25. On the other hand it could be more than 25. How?.....early enrollees count toward last year's class. For instance last year Bama, TxAM, and Ole Miss signed more than 25 players. Last year we had 10 early enrollees (January enrollment). I don't know when the transfers get counted. The timing of when a signee enrolls definitely matters when it comes to counting towards the 85 cap. Coaches from all teams play it close to the vest when talking about scholarship numbers just like they do with injuries so as not to give the competition information that can be used against them.

Basically what I'm getting at is we won't know the size of the class until it's done. It could be 22, it could 27, it could be 29, who knows? We won't know until it's done. I think a range of 23-28 is about right.
We can only sign 25 max, you cannot sign more than that now. With the off-season attrition, we have plenty of room to sign a full class of 25.

I know people at McCallie who told me 2 months ago Hardy was not coming to TN. My guess is the coaches may have known that too.

Then I ask you this. Why did Hardy, and his family, assure our staff face to face that he was coming here just one week prior to going on the Auburn visit? Was this a big joke to them? Let our coaches believe, by his own words and visits multiple times, that he was all UT. This wasted all of our coaches time by telling them he's theirs when they could have been spending more time and effort with other prospects. It's one thing for a kid to change his mind, but you don't silent commit in July, then assure he's all Vol two weekends ago, then do what he did.

Reactions: crovol
Pretty sad to think Butch recruited better than Pruitt
Butch > Pruitt recruiting
Pruitt > Butch coaching

I’d rather have the coaching. Eventually you’ll build a solid base. Might take longer
But once that base is built by good coaching, and the team starts winning more games, the recruiting will come if the fans can be patient enough. No need to fire anyone. Just be patient. Good
Coaching will pay off in the end. Similar to Barnes.

We can only sign 25 max, you cannot sign more than that now. With the off-season attrition, we have plenty of room to sign a full class of 25.
That's partially correct. A school can sign more than 25, BUT some might be greyshirted, blueshirted, or count towards a different year. Ole Miss signed 31 last year.

Then I ask you this. Why did Hardy, and his family, assure our staff face to face that he was coming here just one week prior to going on the Auburn visit? Was this a big joke to them? Let our coaches believe, by his own words and visits multiple times, that he was all UT. This wasted all of our coaches time by telling them he's theirs when they could have been spending more time and effort with other prospects. It's one thing for a kid to change his mind, but you don't silent commit in July, then assure he's all Vol two weekends ago, then do what he did.

Depends on when this supposed assurance to the coaches happened. If he visited the Barn after said meeting, then he did nothing wrong. Besides make everyone on here lose their minds.

That's partially correct. A school can sign more than 25, BUT some might be greyshirted, blueshirted, or count towards a different year. Ole Miss signed 31 last year.
You are correct, but the type of players that the star children clamor for are not very likely to accept grey, blue or any other color of shirt. They will want at least a chance to play or forget it.

For the sake of his job Pruitt must evaluate and make changes. He won’t win without elite talent.

As for that, Tee Martin hasn’t exactly been lighting it up on the trail either. At some point, these guys have to earn their check. As it stands now.. they’re not cutting it on or off the field, save Nieds.
Eating well though......................just saying !

Yay! We are improving as a team, but we are back to the coaches are terrible and don't know what they are doing. Wring - Wring Gnash - Gnash

Big difference in recruitment vs. development wring wring

The cash and cars and complete approval from the SEC and NCAA for Bama doesn’t hurt either. They actually flaunt it on social media. They have friends/boosters/alumni in high places and know they are untouchable.

Makes recruiting easier, and winning easier, which makes recruiting even more easy.
Yep we can’t recruit at a high level because we don’t pay players like Bama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. just give me a break. We are paying our coaches $$ to recruit and coach. They are mediocre at best.

I know I’m probably being dramatic with this, but losing those two could be the difference between being 9-3 or 11-1 in a couple years. Just think about how different Florida’s defense is with and without Zuninga and Greenard.
I am not sure you can say that. I believe this whole transfer portal changes things dramatically and could make you for recruiting losses.

i don’t think you can reasonably say that we can offer immediate playing time to
Freshman defensive lineman when we
Bring back are entire defensive line next year. We’re gonna be loaded next year so these kids realize that and it affects their decision.
DL rotation is much heavier than an OL. Takes more DL players due to that. Our depth will still offer plenty of PT to high caliber players in the rotation.

VN Store

Back