Ever since Coach Tee Martin joined the sideline ...

OG.V83

Rick Barnes can get to steppin 💯
We are 3-1. We went 1-4 while he was up in the booth. You can never underestimate the advantage of having a leader around our young men that's achieved the ultimate goal while donning the Orange. Winning is contagious and Tee knows how. His leadership has rubbed off on this team and it's clear. Not a lot being said about it.

1. Shout out to Coach Tee! Glad hes here. Many Vols wanted this for a long time.

2. I hope he never coaches from the booth ever again

I could be wrong but I believe when he was co-offensive coordinator at USC he was either always on the sidelines or went to the sidelines when things started to go south. Certainly helps when someone with OC experience can communicate up to Chaney in the box and directly to the players.

I could be wrong but I believe when he was co-offensive coordinator at USC he was either always on the sidelines or went to the sidelines when things started to go south. Certainly helps when someone with OC experience can communicate up to Chaney in the box and directly to the players.

Directly to the players ... yes. #Whatchewsaid

2. I hope he never coaches from the booth ever again.

giphy.gif

When he and Tyson were on staff with each other, Tyson was always on the sidelines and Tee was in the box.

oen thing I think that is big is that Chaney has his guy on the sidelines. Sure they don't have a record working with each other prior, but its been well said that Chaney and Tee clicked instantly. Prolly more than Weinke cause Tee has a recent position of being involved in playcalls at USC.

Ultimately, I would like to see Weinke move out and let Tee/Chaney run OC/QB coaching. Of course I think Chaney has also been good for Will Friend and O Line.

Indeed, correlation should not be confused with causation.

I hear ya. But. ..
Coach Tee finally being on the sideline is causation for some celebration. Just him being there with the guys ... you cant underestimate that ... what would an army fight like without their General ... then how do you think they'll fight if that General leads them into battle? Two totally different outcomes probably .. which has been exactly the case. Is there some correlation - probably... but it's still better than him up in that dang bill and Ted booth

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I hear ya. But. ..
Coach Tee finally being on the sideline is causation for some celebration. Just him being there with the guys ... you cant underestimate that ... what would an army fight like without their General ... then how do you think they'll fight if that General leads them into battle? Two totally different outcomes probably .. which has been exactly the case. Is there some correlation - probably... but it's still better than him up in that dang bill and Ted booth

I was responding to the poster's latin phrase. While I do not think it is the only or even most meaningful influence on our improved play, I do think having Tee on the sidelines helped guys who got shifted around to line up correctly and get in their places. Remember that there was a lot of swapping around early in the season and new players. Having Tee there definitely gives the sidelines a spark.

Reactions: OG.V83
I was responding to the poster's latin phrase. While I do not think it is the only or even most meaningful influence on our improved play, I do think having Tee on the sidelines helped guys who got shifted around to line up correctly and get in their places. Remember that there was a lot of swapping around early in the season and new players. Having Tee there definitely gives the sidelines a spark.

I figured you were. Very insightful btw. I did not know what in the heck that meant so you were the first one to translate and I appreciate that.
Latin is a fascinating language to me. I'd like to learn more. It's a key language. Need that key

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
I figured you were. Very insightful btw. I did not know what in the heck that meant so you were the first one to translate and I appreciate that.
Latin is a fascinating language to me. I'd like to learn more. It's a key language. Need that key

quid pro quo to ya...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!

We are 3-1. We went 1-4 while he was up in the booth. You can never underestimate the advantage of having a leader around our young men that's achieved the ultimate goal while donning the Orange. Winning is contagious and Tee knows how. His leadership has rubbed off on this team and it's clear. Not a lot being said about it.

1. Shout out to Coach Tee! Glad hes here. Many Vols wanted this for a long time.

2. I hope he never coaches from the booth ever again
You also notice CJP has radically changed his sideline style. He was a stoic mute last year, and now he's running in step with Chandler down the sideline. That's a head coach learning on the job.

You also notice CJP has radically changed his sideline style. He was a stoic mute last year, and now he's running in step with Chandler down the sideline. That's a head coach learning on the job.

Great to see init?

VN Store

Back