Ever since Coach Tee Martin joined the sideline ...

We are 3-1. We went 1-4 while he was up in the booth. You can never underestimate the advantage of having a leader around our young men that's achieved the ultimate goal while donning the Orange. Winning is contagious and Tee knows how. His leadership has rubbed off on this team and it's clear. Not a lot being said about it.

1. Shout out to Coach Tee! Glad hes here. Many Vols wanted this for a long time.

2. I hope he never coaches from the booth ever again

Hadn't realized that Tee had moved to the sidelines for the last four games. You might be making a key point, because the team has seemed to have better overall confidence and discipline in the last 4 games than they did in the first 5. If Pruitt eventually moves on, and I am not in any way suggesting he should; but if that happens and Tee's leadership continues to produce positive results, I will punch out the first white supremacist who complains if they decide to turn the reins over to him.

Hadn't realized that Tee had moved to the sidelines for the last four games. You might be making a key point, because the team has seemed to have better overall confidence and discipline in the last 4 games than they did in the first 5. If Pruitt eventually moves on, and I am not in any way suggesting he should; but if that happens and Tee's leadership continues to produce positive results, I will punch out the first white supremacist who complains if they decide to turn the reins over to him.

the results are screaming loud and clear for those with eyes to see

FTR: I am 💯 percent pro Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Glad to have him and he is the perfect coach for us especially right now. Have all the faith in the WORLD in our AD Phil Fulmer. He is Top notch in my book and we are definitely in safe hands

Reactions: Bennessee01
My understanding was the reason they brought Tee down onto the sidelines was to help with substitutions.

Reactions: OG.V83
I hear ya. But. ..
Coach Tee finally being on the sideline is causation for some celebration. Just him being there with the guys ... you cant underestimate that ... what would an army fight like without their General ... then how do you think they'll fight if that General leads them into battle? Two totally different outcomes probably .. which has been exactly the case. Is there some correlation - probably... but it's still better than him up in that dang bill and Ted booth
Yeah, just think what would have happened if General Custer hadn’t been there to lead...uh, never mind.

My understanding was the reason they brought Tee down onto the sidelines was to help with substitutions.

Had to been a big reason for sure. Among others. That first game vs GSU ... when they showed Tee sittin next to CJC up in that booth I didn't like it. For either respective coach I didn't like it. Knew the kids needed Tee around them and knew Chaney needed to kinda focus in his own world up there ... some of yall probably saw when they would cut to the camera pointed at the coaches booth and Coach Tee would be half asleep. . Wasnt being utilized. One of Tees biggest weapons he brings to the table is the confidence he projects. Hes a champion. Needed to be down there with the guys. I just wonder who in charge, thought that was a good idea. Well it's done with now so whatever.. just glad it got corrected cuz this team looks completely different now.

Go Vols. Beat Kin-sucky.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
All I know is that the WRs are much improved this year. Routes are crisp and the younger guys like Ramel Keyton have contributed.

Yeah, just think what would have happened if General Custer hadn’t been there to lead...uh, never mind.
"Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred."

Forward the Light Brigade ... an what not

Reactions: Tarkus
Come on, we all know that Carlin and u will be bunking together in Hell, laughing u all's a$$ off about those 7 words
It may be hell...if it is though, me, George, and Daniel Tosh will take the place over if George hasn’t already. Lol

Reactions: The Dog

And you might be right. That may have been the actual reason. But as the OP believes and I agree with him, the proof is in the pudding on other aspects. Would be interesting for some of our stat fanatics to compare the stats from the games with Tee in the box and Tee on the sidelines. His presence there might effect the defense as well as offense.

I hear Chaney is happy...doesn't have to share the nachos anymore...

My observation was that Tee looked bored in the booth; and It's possible that Chaney was distracted too. I Suggested that was a potential problem BEFORE the change was made in a comment on here. The change was made, and UT started winning. One never knows. AFFECT.

And you might be right. That may have been the actual reason. But as the OP believes and I agree with him, the proof is in the pudding on other aspects. Would be interesting for some of our stat fanatics to compare the stats from the games with Tee in the box and Tee on the sidelines. His presence there might effect the defense as well as offense.

I don't disagree at all in fact me and a buddy were talking about this a week or so ago. I can't remember if I read it somewhere or heard comments about it on the Volunteer radio network during the game by somebody but I know that was the reason given for him coming down to the sideline. There were a lot of miscues rotating guys in and out early in the season that aren't happening since he's been on the sideline.

Last edited:
FTR: I am 💯 percent pro Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Glad to have him and he is the perfect coach for us especially right now. Have all the faith in the WORLD in our AD Phil Fulmer. He is Top notch in my book and we are definitely in safe hands

Well, I somewhat agree. With half of it at least. I think Pruitt is evolving and has the potential to be the coach we need. As to Fulmer, my doubts will remain until he hangs it up. Then, if he doesn't screw up, I might look back and eat crow.

Here's a couple:

Point differential through the first 5 games (Coach Tee in booth) TN Is -28

Point differential for the next 4 games (coach Tee on the sideline) TN is +31

Had it not been for several critical mistakes that could easily have been avoided that latter number should actually be more like +60

I'd like to know how it affected the defense as well, specifically yards allowed ... but too lazy to look up and do math again .. I cant math again. Already did that for the day

Here's a couple:

Point differential through the first 5 games (Coach Tee in booth) TN Is -28

Point differential for the next 4 games (coach Tee on the sideline) TN is +31

Had it not been for several critical mistakes that could easily have been avoided that latter number should actually be more like +60

I'd like to know how it affected the defense as well, specifically yards allowed ... but too lazy to look up and do math again .. I cant math again. Already did that for the day

But you are not the only stat fanatic on VolNation. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't crunching numbers at this time.

He's also getting a belly. Good to walk around on the sidelines rather than eating snack cakes in the booth with Chaney...😉
“Getting”? Packed that and brought it with him!

Whats even more impressive to me about this past 4 week stretch, is the competition we've done it against ... we are +31 in a slate that included 3 SEC schools (including #1 bama at the time) and a 6-1 UAB team.

Major props to this team. Couldn't be prouder and I'm not worried about Kentucky not even a little bit. We smashed their best team in maybe forever and they def ain't that same team from last year who just ran over everyone with Snell and josh Allen ain't there neither, and their QB situation is worse than ours is which speaks volumes. This game dont feel like a close one to me. Feels like a azz whoopin lurkin in the dark.

34 -13 Vols and it could be worse .. giving them credit for home field advantage

VN Store

Back