'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Graham Barton is Grimes' teammate. Barton is listed as an OT but plays DL some too. Grimes and Barton cause a lot of disruption. Against Pulaski Academy, Barton, playing DT, burst through and caused a fumble. Grimes recovered and ran for 6. That squashed PA comeback.

Barton may flip to Vandy from Duke. Good player.

Bama is full so he is not a take for them unless you mean South Carolina is plan A
usce is the leader according most anyone out there with any knowledge.

and now if we make a push, it's probably pretty apparent why. i'd say if we push now, it won't matter.

It's a tightrope. We don't push for some in-state kids, then later decide we want them and they flip from other schools-- i.e., 2 of the WH3. Then there are those we don't push as hard for early, then try to make up for it later and get the cold shoulder-- i.e., Anderson last year and Morris this year. In-state kids are tricky.

It's a tightrope. We don't push for some in-state kids, then later decide we want them and they flip from other schools-- i.e., 2 of the WH3. Then there are those we don't push as hard for early, then try to make up for it later and get the cold shoulder-- i.e., Anderson last year and Morris this year. In-state kids are tricky.
Why would we not push for Morris early?? That’s concerning.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Why would we not push for Morris early?? That’s concerning.

Oh, we pushed-- just not as hard as aTm. The Aggies went all out, got him on campus again and again, called him every day and built strong relationships. UT got in second position and couldn't make up ground quickly enough. Just like Anderson and Charleston last year. (Charleston wasn't a TN kid, but his brother was a Vol and we should have had that one.)

Losing legacies and important in-state talent has been a disturbing trend for us for a long time, going back to the Fulmer days. Losing Hardy to Auburn today, after him being considered a lock to the Vols, is only the latest iteration of what I'm talking about. Grimes, unless he gets the nod from AL, is probably following Anderson, another one that got away, to SCAR. And with Baron continuing to drag out his commitment, there's not much left to hope for there. Morris was very receptive to TN, but we let aTm outwork us there, pure and simple. The numbers are bad, and the wrong way trend has accelerated this year. Our coaching staff is, frankly, doing a poor job of recruiting inside Tennessee. Pruitt has to improve this.

Losing legacies and important in-state talent has been a disturbing trend for us for a long time, going back to the Fulmer days. Losing Hardy to Auburn today, after him being considered a lock to the Vols, is only the latest iteration of what I'm talking about. Grimes, unless he gets the nod from AL, is probably following Anderson, another one that got away, to SCAR. And with Baron continuing to drag out his commitment, there's not much left to hope for there. Morris was very receptive to TN, but we let aTm outwork us there, pure and simple. The numbers are bad, and the wrong way trend has accelerated this year. Our coaching staff is, frankly, doing a poor job of recruiting inside Tennessee. Pruitt has to improve this.

We also should have taken Dallas Walker. Slow playing him is also going to come back to haunt us after we whiff on these 5 Tech guys like Hardy and Baron.

Hell at this rate we will be circling back to guys like Corbet Mims trying to flip him from the almighty...Arkansas St.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
More like, Tennesse instate kids are tricky. Instate kids in other states seem to go to the instate school whenever they get a committable offer, even on NSD.

Reactions: gisman
More like, Tennesse instate kids are tricky. Instate kids in other states seem to go to the instate school whenever they get a committable offer, even on NSD.

I’d like to see the stats on this. Seems overblown to me and that everybody is just butt hurt today about Hardy. But I could be wrong (I’m admittedly much too lazy to look these numbers up).

The thing fans seem to struggle with is just bc you are a die hard fan doesn’t mean a 17 yr old kid from the state is thinking the same way. Some want to stay home, some want to create their own path in life.

Reading some of these comments is like being at Zanies comedy club.
Reggie is gonna be a vol.
A bunch of wannabe "experts" on here been tellin me that we dont want him and neither does bama. One clown even told me that if bama wanted him he would already be there ... pretty sure he has prom and graduation first (he's not coming early)

Deuce will be a vol

Reading some of these comments is like being at Zanies comedy club.
Reggie is gonna be a vol.
A bunch of wannabe "experts" on here been tellin me that we dont want him and neither does bama. One clown even told me that if bama wanted him he would already be there ... pretty sure he has prom and graduation first (he's not coming early)

Deuce will be a vol
I like that you’re so sure, buttt what makes you so sure? Having confidence that anything is a done deal is a fickle friend these days

I like that you’re so sure, buttt what makes you so sure? Having confidence that anything is a done deal is a fickle friend these days

I'm not tellin .. 🤣🤣

Nah, I know these kids from my area. Coached a couple and I know reggie's father. He wanted jr. To play for same school as him (bama) but he also wants the best opportunity for his son. There are plenty of connections to Tennessee and also his friend Keshawn has already committed...

I'm not tellin .. 🤣🤣

Nah, I know these kids from my area. Coached a couple and I know reggie's father. He wanted jr. To play for same school as him (bama) but he also wants the best opportunity for his son. There are plenty of connections to Tennessee and also his friend Keshawn has already committed...
I'm down with it.. Personally think we'd be stupid not to take him.

Look he's a project. Most are at this age. But his instincts are off the chart. Got that killer instinct, pedigree and SEC body type..... oh and he's FROM TENNESSEE. If he goes somewhere else I would be really REALLY surprised... he doesn't have serious interest In Oklahoma, just wanted to check them out on their dollar ... FSU is now off the list. Bama was at the top but they cant make too many promises and Tennessee lookin better and better as the days go by ...

Go Vols!!!!

Look he's a project. Most are at this age. But his instincts are off the chart. Got that killer instinct, pedigree and SEC body type..... oh and he's FROM TENNESSEE. If he goes somewhere else I would be really REALLY surprised... he doesn't have serious interest In Oklahoma, just wanted to check them out on their dollar ... FSU is now off the list. Bama was at the top but they cant make too many promises and Tennessee lookin better and better as the days go by ...

Go Vols!!!!
Not good timing

I’d like to see the stats on this. Seems overblown to me and that everybody is just butt hurt today about Hardy. But I could be wrong (I’m admittedly much too lazy to look these numbers up).

The thing fans seem to struggle with is just bc you are a die hard fan doesn’t mean a 17 yr old kid from the state is thinking the same way. Some want to stay home, some want to create their own path in life.

Hardy is a legacy and Baron’s father works for UT. Not sure how much closer you can get to a school. Tee Higgins, well, is named Tee.

It does seem to go the other way for us as opposed to other schools.

Hardy is a legacy and Baron’s father works for UT. Not sure how much closer you can get to a school. Tee Higgins, well, is named Tee.

It does seem to go the other way for us as opposed to other schools.

Yeah I get that. But my point was I’d like to see the stats on how many schools have instate kids that decide to go out of state. To see if this is really a Tennessee thing or if it’s pretty even across the board (excluding LSU bc I just assume every LA kid is going there).

Also Tee Higgins name is Tee, true, but that doesn’t mean anything. Amari Rodgers was the legacy. He’s prob a better example besides Tee being committed to UT at one point.

VN Store

Back