To Protect and to Serve II

This one seems to be a bit more complicated IMO. Dispatch received a fake call, officers didnt know it was fake and see man in window with a gun.

Person that placed call should be charged.
They dropped the charges against her. Nothing to see.

They dropped the charges against her. Nothing to see.
I agree, but I was just saying that IMO, that would not be a good example of a cop getting preferential treatment because of everything else involved that made it more than just a cut and dry case of wrong doing.

They have a dumb lawyer, unfortunately. I never would have used the 5th Amendment/eminent domain argument.

Police blew up an innocent man’s house in search of an armed shoplifter. Too bad, court rules.

The Lechs had sued under the Fifth Amendment’s Takings Clause, which guarantees citizens compensation if their property is seized by the government for public use. But the court said that Greenwood Village was acting within its “police power” when it damaged the house, which the court said doesn’t qualify as a “taking” under the Fifth Amendment. The court acknowledged that this may seem “unfair,” but when police have to protect the public, they can’t be “burdened with the condition” that they compensate whomever is damaged by their actions along the way.

In a statement to The Post, a spokeswoman for Greenwood Village said the city never refused to help the Lechs, saying the family was “very well insured” and refused the $5,000 assistance for out-of-pocket expenses before insurance kicked in. The spokeswoman, Melissa Gallegos, applauded the 10th Circuit’s ruling.

John Lech, his girlfriend and her son moved in with Leo Lech and his wife, who lived 30 miles away, requiring John to change jobs. The $5,000 offered by the city “was insulting,” Leo Lech said.

His expenses to rebuild the house and replace all its contents cost him nearly $400,000, he said. While insurance did cover structural damage initially, his son did not have renter’s insurance and so insurance did not cover replacement of the home’s contents, and he says he is still in debt today from loans he took out.

That was what really stuck out to me too. Going off their reaction and body language, they didn't seem to care one little bit that they just murdered a man.
They went home to their families tho.

Why not just cuff an old dude that’s asleep? This is up there with the high IQ tactics like letting a suspect with a warrant barricade himself in his house instead of pulling him over when he leaves.

VN Store

Back