Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didnt cave to california. SEC states hopped on. Which is what everyone said needs to happen. It did and here we are.
Hahahahaha that’s exactly what I said would happen and you said it wouldn’t.

As soon as California passed that law it was a foregone conclusion that Texas and Florida would have to match it.

I like 85Sugar, but he will up and go FULL DUMASS on you. 😏

We are playing good football right now precisely because both OL and DL have stepped up their games. It really is that simple. And given where those two units were and what was there to work with the improvements have been nothing short of miraculous.

I have been looking forward to the moment when I could finally meet Ashlee for quite some time now. It will be an honor and a privilege to host you and your family this weekend. Rest assured I have a few things up my sleeve for this momentous occasion.
I can't wait to hear all about this weekend.

For those of you who said the NCAA would not cave to California

giphy.gif

I could be wrong...but I think most college athletes (if they're smart) will keep their earnings low. Mom & Dad lose certain tax benefits if they begin to earn too much.

Reactions: Rishvol
I haven’t played madden in years but I used to love that game.

Played madden 20 vs my son the other day and I hated it. I don’t know how but they ruined that game.

Coming from someone that still fires up his NCAA Football 2013 regularly - I’m excited about getting a new game in the coming years.... I just hope they don’t ruin it like they did Madden.

So, will this make it where all the 5 stars will want to go play in places like LA, Chicago, or New York? Same reason all superstars in NBA go to big markets..
Which powerhouse campuses are in Chicago or New York city limits? Internet not available in Tuscaloosa or South Bend? If you’re marketable, the better programs in typical college towns only maximize that.

Which powerhouse campuses are in Chicago or New York city limits? Internet not available in Tuscaloosa or South Bend? If you’re marketable, the better programs in typical college towns only maximize that.
School dont have to be directly in said city.. just close enough. I get your point, but if that was true, why do superstars flood to big markets in free agency in NBA?

School dont have to be directly in said city.. just close enough. I get your point, but if that was true, why do superstars flood to big markets in free agency in NBA?
Guess the question would apply more to current major programs with the largest alumni.
Wasn't it said that's why Nike invests more in Michigan, the number of graduates?

Short answer, those big markets have big market professional teams. They are consider big market because of the size of the population.

In comparison "big market" in college would likely be these schools (based on fans in seats).

Michigan, Penn State, A&M, Tennessee, LSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Clemson, Notre Dame, Wisconsin

Bold names have some of the largest basketball arenas as well.

So UT has the 4th largest football stadium and the 5th largest basketball arena in the NCAA...we're actually the best "big market" for college sports!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back