Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing OU at OU shouldn’t scare anyone. Team will be good, but that environment is not intimidating. We’ll have a team full of guys taking the next step looking to make a statement. Defense will give Ratler (or whatever grad transfer they get) the first real test and I think we can win that one.
1572315987888.gif

Adjusted comp% excludes drops and throwaways. So instead of the official 11/19, PFF has him 13/18. 1 drop by Byrd and Gray each.
Do they add the receiving yards from the spot of the drop as well? Would make sense to do that for the QBR if they're compensating for drops in completion percentage.

Thank you SSVol - this is really interesting. I’m gonna try it!

Infrared sauna is pretty gentle, but baths hot enough to produce hyperthermia can be kind of harsh. I'm a big sauna fan (I have a Clearlight Sanctuary), but I have also done hot baths. If you do a hot bath, be careful when you get out...the vasodilation can make you light headed. I never have those issues with sauna, but have nearly hit the floor following a hyperthermic bath.

Yep, if we get & stay healthy into the Bye week and then get back to near full health over the bye week I really like our chances at Missouri.

I'd probably let both Wright & Taylor sit against UAB honestly, we'll need them @ Kentucky. I think we'll be able to maul UAB's line without needing Taylor and we got good enough depth that letting Tatum or Jahmir start Saturday won't hurt us.
Playing Tatum will hurt us. He is awful. We were very fortunate that Wanya was able to return to game.

Right. This team is young but it still loses a lot going into next season. Jennings, Calloway, possibly Trey Smith, Bituli, Taylor and Warrior. Linebacker, receiver, and the secondary will all be questions marks for me. Premature to say the least, but right now I'd say we'll be somewhere in that 7-9 win range next season.

Bowden is great but our coaches have proved over the last two years we can scheme up a 1 dimensional running attack.
Those were 1 dimensional as RB running though. A running QB is basically like a double threat. Stidham and Wilson were just non factors and could hand off or suck at passing. A legit wildcat is more dangerous. GA ST beat us with a good runner. Dobbs gave GA Pruitt all sorts of trouble. I think it will be a challenge unless our DL dominates. Similar to defending triple option - a great DL is 1 thing that can completely nullify. UK's OL is very legit - hope we come to do battle.

I had to work Saturday and missed the 1st half and a portion of the 2nd. But after watching the replay, I want to say this on behalf of our foes; when Wanya Morris was lying injured on the field, the first man to signal (and signal emphatically) to the Tennessee sideline, was #95 from the SC defense.

Just one of the little things that show me honor and chivalry are not yet dead.
I noticed that, too.
Was it just me or did it seem to rake a long time for our staff to get to him?

Not sure if you caught the Pruitt show.. was his usual self, a little downplaying of the accomplishments and pointing out where we messed up.

But when the OL was discussed, he was obviously impressed and happy with the progress.

And ftr, made it known that coach Friend had been doing his part and a great job. Probably caught wind of the internet rumor stuff. But he was most complimentary of Friend and Sherrer on the staff.
Friend & Sherrer are the weak links on the staff. Pruitt is trying to talk them up.

I hope we upgrade the Staff this coming offseason.

Bring me Tosh Lupoi for Sherrer. I’m open to suggestions for Will Friend’s replacement.

Reactions: HankHill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back