CAVol

9321957.jpg

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
6'9" , 235 pounds
Seattle, Washington
O Dea High School

247 - #1 ranked PF, #3 Overall
Rivals - #1 ranked PF, #2 Overall

Going to be on campus for an Official Visit on October 25 for the South Carolina game.

100% Crystal Ball to Washington at the moment. Also considering Duke, Gonzaga, North Carolina, and Kentucky.

I'd classify this in the "longer than longshot" category, but it's nice to see him on campus. That's a lot of blue bloods right there to beat out, especially those with deep pockets.

I believe we'd need to land Kennedy Chandler if we want to even stand a chance of landing Banchero seeing as they're buddies.

Reactions: feathersax
I saw something before where he was really interested in Tennessee and Barnes I think the kd pitch doesn’t hurt 🤷🏾‍♂️

Aren't these his Junior year OV's though? So he can still take 5 more next fall correct? I'm unsure of the rules. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, so whether or not we're his last or next to last OV this year matters very little. If they get one of his five OVs next season then we can start to get a little excited.
True, but if by a small chance, he reclassified, then getting one of those junior OVs is big. I know he has said he doesn’t plan to reclassify, but plans change all the time.

Reactions: i2amavol
True, but if by a small chance, he reclassified, then getting one of those junior OVs is big. I know he has said he doesn’t plan to reclassify, but plans change all the time.

At this point, we should probably hope he doesn't intend to reclassify. With Springer and Cardwell likely both on board, the numbers start to get pretty suspect. We'd have to tell 2 people to hit the road assuming JJJ doesn't go pro.

Of course. Not suggesting otherwise. He's a consensus Top 3 player in the country. That type of prospect always has a spot. They'd likely have to ask Pember to pay his own way and then kick someone else to the curb.
Really, an answer is probably still 5-6 months away, at which point, the issue will have likely worked itself out. Attrition (known or unknown) is a given, which is why we are already attempting to oversign by one, and why we are playing with an open scholarship this season.

Of course. Not suggesting otherwise. He's a consensus Top 3 player in the country. That type of prospect always has a spot. They'd likely have to ask Pember to pay his own way and then kick someone else to the curb.
As others have stated there are a lot of possibilities of the roster...Jalen Johnson is likely eligible to grad transfer, same for John Fulkerson and quite possibly Zach Kent. Then you’ve got a potential early departure in Josiah James, and then obviously you’ve also got the potential of anyone just flat out transferring which we’ve seen every year under Barnes.

As Chris stated, we won’t know those answers for awhile, but the same applies to Banchero...I would recruit him as hard as possible and if the numbers work out come March/April then you’re glad you did.

As others have stated there are a lot of possibilities of the roster...Jalen Johnson is likely eligible to grad transfer, same for John Fulkerson and quite possibly Zach Kent. Then you’ve got a potential early departure in Josiah James, and then obviously you’ve also got the potential of anyone just flat out transferring which we’ve seen every year under Barnes.

As Chris stated, we won’t know those answers for awhile, but the same applies to Banchero...I would recruit him as hard as possible and if the numbers work out come March/April then you’re glad you did.

Again, I think we're all on the same page. Clearly you do everything you can to land a Top 3 player. I was just pointing out that it would likely benefit us more for him to not reclassify. But if he wants to come here, he is welcome to do so at any point in time. We'd be lucky to have him.

Again, I think we're all on the same page. Clearly you do everything you can to land a Top 3 player. I was just pointing out that it would likely benefit us more for him to not reclassify. But if he wants to come here, he is welcome to do so at any point in time. We'd be lucky to have him.
I actually think our chances at landing him are better if he does reclassify rather than sign in 2021

VN Store

Back