'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

If we get to 6 wins and win the bowl game, does that increase our recruiting prowls and push McDonald and French out, to get some big dogs in this class? Are they really a want or just a take because of the way the season has gone so far? I know some on here are giddy about the trio, I'm just not that high on them. Not saying they can't be good players at some point but are you taking one of those 2 over Sewell, Washington? Who would get the git, if not them to make room?

If we get to 6 wins and win the bowl game, does that increase our recruiting prowls and push McDonald and French out, to get some big dogs in this class? Are they really a want or just a take because of the way the season has gone so far? I know some on here are giddy about the trio, I'm just not that high on them. Not saying they can't be good players at some point but are you taking one of those 2 over Sewell, Washington? Who would get the git, if not them to make room?

Maybe we can secure the commitments before we begin to panic about recruiting over them

Maybe we can secure the commitments before we begin to panic about recruiting over them
No panic. Just presenting the question. Do you piss Memphis off to land better talent or are you stuck since you have taken them already because you don't want to piss Memphis off?

You take them all and make room for guys like Sewell/Washington. Not everybody we have committed is going to stick.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
I think it puts us at 17 commits with these three and McDonald counts for the secondary. If we only take 23 that leaves 6 slots so you have to guess hardy, baron, Omari for dline then Sewell and Darnell then one more for oline or dline

I think it puts us at 17 commits with these three and McDonald counts for the secondary. If we only take 23 that leaves 6 slots so you have to guess hardy, baron, Omari for dline then Sewell and Darnell then one more for oline or dline
Why on Earth would we only take 23? We desperately need depth. We still need another WR most likely as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
Why on Earth would we only take 25? We desperately need depth. We still need another WR most likely as well.
You misquoted 23. I doubt that’s the plan unless the last two spots can’t be filled with anyone better than JAG. Stopping at 23 gives you the option of Grad Transfers or backcounting in 20.

No panic. Just presenting the question. Do you piss Memphis off to land better talent or are you stuck since you have taken them already because you don't want to piss Memphis off?
We’ve already looked at another LS. I believe we encourage our LS to be a preferred walk on because of our numbers. Williamson I think is another that becomes a preferred walk on with his injury. We need bodies at LB right now badly.

VN Store

Back