Tennessee Has Opened At +4.5 At Home Against SC

I’d feel better with Maurer, but JT wasn’t just terrible. Showed some promise.
I liked the way he set-up and threw that one pass, but it was hardly enough to build anything from. His last appearance in a game was not impressive as he was mostly inaccurate, but I bet he has improved since then.

Reactions: 66volfan
I liked the way he set-up and threw that one pass, but it was hardly enough to build anything from. His last appearance in a game was not impressive as he was mostly inaccurate, but I bet he has improved since then.
He needs reps, and may not be worth a flip. The o-line was definitely showing improvement in run and pass blocking though so maybe we have a little breathing room to get our qb’s up to speed now. Maurer is our best hope but he’s still going to make rookie mistakes.

Shrout probably has the most accurate long ball than any othe QB on the team.
I have seen zero sign of this yet. He seems extremely inaccurate when in the games so far. I have seen throws at the feet on swing passes and ten feet over the heads of receivers downfield.

I still prefer he get the chance over JG having a panic attack for four quarters.

Reactions: tbh
This team has turned the corner. As soon as they announce the starting QB, I'm putting money down. Or if its JG I think I'll pass.

Maurer should be ready imo. JG still seems to be playing for individual accolades, that’s why he tried to play hero ball by checking the play and diving over top last night. He is not a team first kind of guy.

Did your phone auto correct walk on into JG as the backup? JG wouldn't even be allowed to practice putting on his pads If i was the coach.
Pruitt's post game:
"Jarrett did some really nice things while he was in the game," Pruitt said. "So we’ll go back and just reevaluate like we do every week.”

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Don't know who calculated this spread and how. Pruitt will play the mum game all week like he did this past week. Nobody knows anything........B*#LSH@T ! BM will start, imo.

Well, lets look at this decade. 6 of 9 games have been decided by a field goal or less. The average margin of victory for nine years has been 5 points. Want to encourage betting (which all bookmakers do)? Move it down a half point (bookies cant take the tie) in favor of the home team.

Frankly, I would have set it at 3 1/2 (going with the 6 out of 9 results) and move it up or down with the betting from there. BTW, I never bet for or against the Gamecocks. I just can't consider their games without emotion pouring in to my brain.

I wish you average luck (not good ;)). No injuries to either team ESPECIALLY at QB position.

• Gamecocks by 3
  • 10/27/2018
  • Columbia, SC
  • 27-24

• Gamecocks by 6
  • 10/14/2017
  • Knoxville, TN
  • 15-9
  • Gamecocks by 3
  • 10/29/2016
  • Columbia, SC
  • 24-21

• Vols by 3
  • 11/7/2015
  • Knoxville, TN
  • 27-24

• Vols by 3
  • 11/1/2014
  • Columbia, SC
  • 45-42
  • Vols by 2
  • 10/19/2013
  • Knoxville, TN
  • 23-21

• Gamecocks by 3
  • 10/27/2012
  • Columbia, SC
  • 38-35

• Gamecocks by 11
  • 10/29/2011
  • Knoxville, TN
  • 14-3

• Gamecocks by 14
  • 10/30/2010
  • Columbia, SC
  • 38-24

With BM we win outright. Without him we don't win or even cover the spread. It's that simple.

Both UT and SC were screwed by the refs on Saturday, so it'll be interesting to see who they decide to screw this week.
And which coach goes ballistic on the officials.

Bottom line, hide yourselves, your families, pets, and livestock from the SEC officiating crew, because those zebras will screw anything.

If Maurer is out, Guarantano starts. book it.

You may be right, BUT.....

tenor.gif

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I'd bet a very conservative game plan. Try to win a low scoring game.

That said, Shrout has an arm. I'd throw some early deep balls to loosen up the D, even if the go incomplete.
We cannot kids gloves the gameplan, we will have to throw some. GBO!

VN Store

Back