Tennessee Has Opened At +4.5 At Home Against SC

Hilinski, is so inconsistent for South Carolina, it depends on which Hilinski shows up Saturday. He is a great kid from a great family but he is a true freshman and naturally has a lot to learn. The Gamecocks got hosed on several calls by the officials yesterday but if Hilinski had hit two of the many long balls he over shot, South Carolina would have won regardless of the officiating.

Reactions: amorange
I'd bet a very conservative game plan. Try to win a low scoring game.

That said, Shrout has an arm. I'd throw some early deep balls to loosen up the D, even if the go incomplete.
Run the ball and use our tight ends on short throws. Oline is meshing and moving people off of the ball so I don't see what we can't do that against SCar. Hopefully Maurer can go but if he can't surely JT can complete screens and slants

Run the damn ball and use our tight ends on short throws. Oline is meshing and moving people off of the ball so I don't see what we can't do that against SCar. Hopefully Maurer can go but if he can't surely JT can complete screens and slants

Oline is getting better for sure. USC has a good dline though. We have to be able to throw some.

Also, South Carolina lost their best running back on the first play of the game yesterday. He did not return, I don't know what he condition is for the upcoming game.

If we had Maurer.

OH I misread the thread. Tenn opened at +4.5. I would have worded it--SC opens as a 4.5 pt Favorite over UT. Usually the Favorite comes first. Anyways according to Power Ratings, SC should be favored by 3. We shall see. Both teams off a loss and both desperately need a W. Knockdown dragout.

OH I misread the thread. Tenn opened at +4.5. I would have worded it--SC opens as a 4.5 pt Favorite over UT. Usually the Favorite comes first. Anyways according to Power Ratings, SC should be favored by 3. We shall see. Both teams off a loss and both desperately need a W. Knockdown dragout.

Very physical game.

At this point I'd say UT and USC play more physical than Alabama.

VN Store

Back